Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

18 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

I was in SK1 at the back as usual and apart from a spell of about 15 minutes after the goal I didn't think it justified the inconvenience caused by the modified selling arrangements. There were loads of regulars displaced near me who are always up for a good sing song and the majority of the people who had replaced them just stood in silence. 

I'm not against the idea as Rennes was pretty decent but I think the execution of the idea needs to be tweaked to ensure that those regulars who want to make noise are able to remain with like minded fans as tonight's game just felt like a load of day trippers from other parts of the ground had gatecrashed the section purely for the experience. 

From a personal standpoint (and I appreciate everyone's circumstances are different) I'd be willing to pay a small one off retainer (say £10-15) each season to get first dibs on the usual seat for these Singing Sections as I think that might weed out those who have no intention of getting involved. 

It just needs to be there permanently, then people know exactly where to head to and it'll incrementally evolve and get bigger in time. 

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Roma fans very loud. Didn’t hear a peep from the Kop all game, was sat in M1. Better atmosphere in M1 than SK1 where my season ticket is!

See this is a massive part of why fans assume that the atmosphere was dead. The KOP (in particular SK1) was so loud tonight. If you couldn’t hear it it’s because the Roma fans are closer to you or because your section was loud. Trust me, it was loud in the KOP for most of the game.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Couldn't go tonight as I've got covid.

Sounded woeful on TV. Outsung by Roma for the majority of the night, then could just hear the clappers for about 10 minutes after we equalised. 

If you weren’t there then you can’t really comment 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

Was quite good in SK1 but ****ing hell its a European Semi-Final and 3/4 of the ground are sitting in silence once again. 

The WYS before the game was so good, props to the club for listening and playing it at just the right time too.

• Like 2

Realistically, is there any chance of this section becoming the entire KOP or at least half of it?  Think only when that happens will the atmosphere improve around the stadium too. Watching back on tv now and can hear that it’s only the section singing at certain times but feel it’s too small at the moment.

Edited by Lcfc098
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Shows the acoustic of the ground. Never heard L1, Roma or M1 from SK1. 

Bang on.

Could hear M1 a little bit from L1, but couldn't hear the singing section but could see that the section was chanting. Whilst we do have a load of supporters who don't want to sing, the terrible acoustics don't help those who do.

Sevilla and Atletico were the only times (that I can remember) where we've had the whole ground (well home fans) in unison, and managed to create a proper din.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Roma fans very loud. Didn’t hear a peep from the Kop all game, was sat in M1. Better atmosphere in M1 than SK1 where my season ticket is!

That's acoustics. Can't hear M1 from the opposite end of the ground, in fact very rarely hear the away fans unless it's Leeds or Newcastle.

5 hours ago, tom27111 said:

Couldn't go tonight as I've got covid.

Sounded woeful on TV. Outsung by Roma for the majority of the night, then could just hear the clappers for about 10 minutes after we equalised. 

You can't go by TV or radio for what the atmosphere's like. The ground acoustics are shockingly bad as most people realise and broadcast mikes don't reflect anything.

Great effort by the UFS guys with the banner & 1884 colours and the section did it's job. If you think today was a shit atmosphere you obviously missed the graveyard impression the stadium did on Saturday against Villa.

• Like 2

I was in M1 so  lose to the away end.

The difference  was they had "orchestras" in each section who made sure they sang the same songs at the right time.

It was structured and well organized.

They must be knackered this morning as they were non stop.

This is why we cant get tte whole crowd jumping as different  parts are singing either nothing or different  chants.

1 minute ago, Raj said:

I was in M1 so  lose to the away end.

The difference  was they had "orchestras" in each section who made sure they sang the same songs at the right time.

It was structured and well organized.

They must be knackered this morning as they were non stop.

This is why we cant get tte whole crowd jumping as different  parts are singing either nothing or different  chants.

One of the lads over in SK1 off the cuff took it upon himself to do the same, the term is to capo.

Seen a few positive comments on twitter to it. Which Im pleased at as I know it will be viewed as perhaps alien and ‘weird’ by fans in this country as so many just won’t have seen a fan with his back to game pretty much.

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

One of the lads over in SK1 off the cuff took it upon himself to do the same, the term is to capo.

Seen a few positive comments on twitter to it. Which Im pleased at as I know it will be viewed as perhaps alien and ‘weird’ by fans in this country as so many just won’t have seen a fan with his back to game pretty much.

You lot should arrange it, get it going. Orchestrate it and try to get people in different sections to unite.

Its the only way to stop the " I didnt hear L1 from SK1 or I could hear Union FS from L1 but could see them jumping up and down"

Need people with stamina though!!!!

In G2 and it was a good effort I felt, was very loud throughout and constant effort. Lost more we’re joining in around me than would usually. Loved WYS - needs to carry on. Woke up with a sore throat. Still annoyed me that people left (although less than usual) well before 90 mins to get home, but also same at West Ham last night - sums up the modern football fan.

• Like 4

The Tifo was fantastic - Well done UFS. 

Also their constant encouragement even when we went a goal down was great. 

Really more of the ground needs to be get involved rather than pockets. I don't understand it really as it clearly helps the team i.e the Great Escape and the Premier League winning season when we were top notch 

I'm pretty hoarse today so left it all in the stands 9/10 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Think it could be good to implement that. As has been mentioned a few times, SK4/3 were sometimes singing completely different songs to SK1/2. Hopefully in the future we can all be on the same song sheet. 

All in all thought it was a decent atmosphere, tifo was nicely done and gives you that big game feel. The acoustics work against us at times, but it's all positive steps to get the atmosphere we want. 

• Like 3

Sat in H1 and could hear both ends but can't really say I noticed the Roma fans compared to other sets of away supporters as in previous European ties. There were more around us getting involved with the chanting coming from SK1 but a lot just aren't interested. The acoustics are an issue, sat along that stand you end up with two different chants going off at the same time from opposite ends of the stadium which I think cancels each other out as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Munshi said:

Was quite good in SK1 but ****ing hell its a European Semi-Final and 3/4 of the ground are sitting in silence once again. 

The WYS before the game was so good, props to the club for listening and playing it at just the right time too.

I was in B1 and I can promise you we were all singing and joining in.  

• Like 1