Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

8 hours ago, I blame Wellens said:

I suppose this says it all. The fact is no one at any part of the ground can ever hear anyone else sing… essentially because there are only 50 people singing in any one section. I don’t think I have ever heard UFS sing in any game this season. From where we are at the back of P block  we can usually see 50 lads at most jumping around waving 3 or 4 flags.

i’d just say keep trying everyone. Don’t ever give up. 

This is the absolute bottom line.

As has been said 100's of times ... we have ups and downs, both on and off the field.   Everything in life is cyclical.  

Just keep trying and never give up.  

Can we just ‘get over’ the fact that not all people want to sing and jump around etc. People express themselves in all sorts of ways - from the bloke next to me who calls everyone a ****, to the bloke who stands up and waves his clapper around, to me who enjoys a sing song every now and then with my clapper. 

We’re not all the same and just because we don’t all do the same thing doesn’t mean we are supporting any less.

Btw don’t take this as having a go at you. I was impressed with the standing area last night and long may it continue.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Can we just ‘get over’ the fact that not all people want to sing and jump around etc. People express themselves in all sorts of ways - from the bloke next to me who calls everyone a ****, to the bloke who stands up and waves his clapper around, to me who enjoys a sing song every now and then with my clapper. 

We’re not all the same and just because we don’t all do the same thing doesn’t mean we are supporting any less.

Btw don’t take this as having a go at you. I was impressed with the standing area last night and long may it continue.

Same way people who want to sing and support the team have had to get organised maybe it’s time those who want to watch silently also get organised and move seats. Isn’t really fair on the players and the club as a whole for so many to take up seats in ‘The Kop’ and then sit like they’re at the library for 90mins.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Same way people who want to sing and support the team have had to get organised maybe it’s time those who want to watch silently also get organised and move seats. Isn’t really fair on the players and the club as a whole for so many to take up seats in ‘The Kop’ and then sit like they’re at the library for 90mins.

What you’re describing is not unique to Leicester btw. Most away games I’ve been to - particularly in modern stadiums - home support always come across as a bit timid. 

Its a simple numbers thing. The larger the group - such as at a home game - the greater the number of ‘quieter’ fans because the overall number of supporters increases.

I wouldn’t worry about it or lose sleep about it. The club don’t care, as long as you pay money to enter, and I don’t suppose the players care much either.

5 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I don't normally comment on atmosphere, but just an observation after sitting in a different area last night... if people put in as much effort into supporting the players as they do moaning at them, then our support would be off the scale. 

Some guy in front of me in SK4 does this week in week out. Never praise, always the same comments, same nicknames for the players, literally you just know what’s coming when somebody like Soumare or Mendy comes on.

Edited by phoneticerror

4 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Another enjoyable evening. Particularly pleased with how loud LSF and Sweet Dreams were sung.

Hate to come back to this bugbear but we're in a European semi-final and people are queuing up to leave on 85 minutes? Baffling.

They should literally be shot.

Unbelievable 

2 hours ago, worth_the_wait said:

Ditto other parts of the ground - not in SK1 and L1.

Dunno where all this "no one else was singing" is coming from ?

Sounds like horsesh*t to me if people are saying nobody was singing. I’ve not heard it that loud all season. It quietened for most of the second half, but the first 20 mins of the match (before the Roma goal) were electric.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

With 23000 home seats already taken in the stadium before a season kicks off, and with 3200 seats being away seats, where do you want them to go? Not the family stand where you have to have a kid with you I assume, unless you want to ban all kids, so it can be an adult only stand. Or maybe you want them to go into what spare seats may be available in the east and the west stand where they have to pay more for their seat. Perhaps we should make the kop the highest price in the ground, to encourage all the people that go in the kop because its the most affordable to move. Or we could have fan stewards who pick out those that don't sing in the kop and issue them with life time bans! 

41 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Another enjoyable evening. Particularly pleased with how loud LSF and Sweet Dreams were sung.

Hate to come back to this bugbear but we're in a European semi-final and people are queuing up to leave on 85 minutes? Baffling.

Chuck in the people going down at 35-40 minutes to get refreshments.

Maybe the only European semi-final in or life time!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

I think it’s a fantastic idea and seemed to work well in SK1, whenever there were a couple chants going on at once it managed to focus the block in one direction. 

The issue with exporting it to other blocks is you’d get the picnickers bleating about the bloke standing at the front not watching the game, I have no faith in stewards to handle it well at all and the club would likely blame UFS for it which will make displays like last night or any progress whatsoever extremely difficult. 

On a different note, you’d think after game after game of “X block I’m in was well loud, but Y Block I didn’t hear a peep all night” from all over the ground that folk would realise that the acoustics are shite. Unless the whole ground is bouncing (which it really should have been last night) then sound doesn’t travel at all. 

Agree its a fantastic idea. It's all good and well having a large standing area but what makes it special is what UFS bring to that section. So having a group in each block would make sense to me

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

With 23000 home seats already taken in the stadium before a season kicks off, and with 3200 seats being away seats, where do you want them to go? Not the family stand where you have to have a kid with you I assume, unless you want to ban all kids, so it can be an adult only stand. Or maybe you want them to go into what spare seats may be available in the east and the west stand where they have to pay more for their seat. Perhaps we should make the kop the highest price in the ground, to encourage all the people that go in the kop because its the most affordable to move. Or we could have fan stewards who pick out those that don't sing in the kop and issue them with life time bans! 

Maybe the seats that are vacated by those people moving into the Kop?

There needs to be a dedicated section, say all of SK1 and SK2 (just as an example). This could eventually become a safe standing section. Everyone currently with a ST in that section has the option to remain (if they want to be part of the singing section) or to move. People can then migrate over from other sections of the ground (pretty sure you could fill those 2 sections as demand is there). After that, those who are moving out of SK1 and SK2 are offered all remaining spaces (including those that are now vacated by people moving in to SK1/SK2).

It is a very simple solution which will require some people to move and give up their current space for a new one. There is very little else that can be done without building a new stand/stadium.

Just an observation, but why oh why when the East stand start a song do the people in the kop not join in??  Can we please stop the them and us!!  We all support Leicester. 

I was in the kop end side of the main stand last night and a song would be started in the East stand which we'd start to join in with, only for the Kop to start another song!!

If you want a better atmosphere bring the whole ground together instead of deviding.it. You may find that the so called quieter areas would be able join in more easily. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Weller 7 said:

Just an observation, but why oh why when the East stand start a song do the people in the kop not join in??  Can we please stop the them and us!!  We all support Leicester. 

I was in the kop end side of the main stand last night and a song would be started in the East stand which we'd start to join in with, only for the Kop to start another song!!

If you want a better atmosphere bring the whole ground together instead of deviding.it. You may find that the so called quieter areas would be able join in more easily. 

Clearly they couldn't hear them. 

The UFS lot always join in with other songs if they filter over. 

• Like 3