Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

1 minute ago, Weller 7 said:

Just an observation, but why oh why when the East stand start a song do the people in the kop not join in??  Can we please stop the them and us!!  We all support Leicester. 

I was in the kop end side of the main stand last night and a song would be started in the East stand which we'd start to join in with, only for the Kop to start another song!!

If you want a better atmosphere bring the whole ground together instead of deviding.it. You may find that the so called quieter areas would be able join in more easily. 

I would join in if I could hear them. I don't think it's snobbery as much as it is just not being able to hear them. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

With 23000 home seats already taken in the stadium before a season kicks off, and with 3200 seats being away seats, where do you want them to go? Not the family stand where you have to have a kid with you I assume, unless you want to ban all kids, so it can be an adult only stand. Or maybe you want them to go into what spare seats may be available in the east and the west stand where they have to pay more for their seat. Perhaps we should make the kop the highest price in the ground, to encourage all the people that go in the kop because its the most affordable to move. Or we could have fan stewards who pick out those that don't sing in the kop and issue them with life time bans! 

At Filbert Street the Kop had no concession but was cheap .So it kind of naturally filtered out kids and Oaps .

Although a lot of kids were happy to pay a bit more pocket money and stand at the front .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Maybe the seats that are vacated by those people moving into the Kop?

There needs to be a dedicated section, say all of SK1 and SK2 (just as an example). This could eventually become a safe standing section. Everyone currently with a ST in that section has the option to remain (if they want to be part of the singing section) or to move. People can then migrate over from other sections of the ground (pretty sure you could fill those 2 sections as demand is there). After that, those who are moving out of SK1 and SK2 are offered all remaining spaces (including those that are now vacated by people moving in to SK1/SK2).

It is a very simple solution which will require some people to move and give up their current space for a new one. There is very little else that can be done without building a new stand/stadium.

There are only two ways in my opinion, one might happen further down the line, the other has no chance of happening.  Unreserved seating, sit where you want is one way, but would take a few games for everything to sort itself out, and would probably need the singers to get into the ground early for a few games to start with, to "claim their territory" so to speak. There's no chance of that happening though, no way the club do unreserved seating these days unfortunately. The other way is a safe standing section, similar to what you suggest above, but that may be further down the line, possibly when they've built the new stand. 

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, tom27111 said:

This is just full of people saying "my section was better than your section".

If all sections worked together, there might be an atmosphere created.

Until then, there'll be a small pocket of fans you can hear being outsung by away fans.

Nobel Peace Prize incoming. 

56 minutes ago, Raj said:

They should literally be shot.

Unbelievable 

They should obvously be shot, thats very fair and the only right solution in this case. But on the way to being shot, they should be made to wait in a 3-4 minute queue to get down the stairs, and then an additional 10 minutes of traffic.

Still laughing about the poster whos mate drove to every home game from South London, but left early to beat the traffic lol. Efficient use of time completely lost on him.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, los dedos said:

At Filbert Street the Kop had no concession but was cheap .So it kind of naturally filtered out kids and Oaps .

Although a lot of kids were happy to pay a bit more pocket money and stand at the front .

Kids went cheap in the kop when I was a kid, but that was a very long time ago lol

It was easy when the kop was standing, you just moved to where ever you wanted, and then when they penned the kop off about 1974ish, fans that wanted to sing and have a dance around would gravitate to pen 2 and 3 just behind the goal.  It was even better when they moved the away fans into pen 1, i spent many a Saturday afternoon getting smacked in the head by flying coins from the away fans. I loved it, all the venom and winding each other up was all part of the experience back then. It's so sanitized now, it's not the same. You see the younger me wouldn't want to be in the kop anyway, I'd want to be next to the away fans giving them some banter.

Not wanting to be controversial but the singing section would look far better across sk2 and sk3, right behind the goal  like in the old days. Even when you watch the game back on tv the singing section in sk1 doesn't look anywhere as good stuck I'm the corner of the kop, in fact half the time you only see it when there's a corner.   Just saying!  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Not wanting to be controversial but the singing section would look far better across sk2 and sk3, right behind the goal  like in the old days. Even when you watch the game back on tv the singing section in sk1 doesn't look anywhere as good stuck I'm the corner of the kop, in fact half the time you only see it when there's a corner.   Just saying!  

I guess a singing section is about hearing it not seeing it. Not trying to state the obvious here by the way (even though I have...)!

37 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

In an ideal world yeah it would be there. But got to be realistic in terms of what we're asking for.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

They should obvously be shot, thats very fair and the only right solution in this case. But on the way to being shot, they should be made to wait in a 3-4 minute queue to get down the stairs, and then an additional 10 minutes of traffic.

Still laughing about the poster whos mate drove to every home game from South London, but left early to beat the traffic lol. Efficient use of time completely lost on him.

This made me laugh abit too much!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I guess a singing section is about hearing it not seeing it. Not trying to state the obvious here by the way (even though I have...)!

I know what you mean, but by there very nature a buoyant bouncy singing section within a kop looks great not just for the cameras but the players too as they go towards that goal.

Edited to say that when the time for a safe standing section is allowed in our ground, ideally sk2 and or sk3 is where it should be.

Hopefully the club will consult the fans and ask where they want the safe standing area, but sadly we all know that they won't, and it will be shoved in a corner, in a out of sight out of mind kind of way.

Edited by smudger63
  • Like 2

On 29/04/2022 at 11:08, Lako42 said:

Clearly they couldn't hear them. 

The UFS lot always join in with other songs if they filter over. 

No they don’t.

I had a season ticket at the back of P1 for years as me and a few others went together there with our kids.  When our kids got to 18 we had to move, so we tried L1 but couldn’t get enough tickets together.

So we thought we’d try to get tickets near Union FS and we managed to get a load of tickets at the back just a bit to the right of the Union FS lot (asa you look at the pitch).  
We would start a song and a few others around us joined in, Union FS never joined in, they would look over and then start some other song.

This season we moved back to P1 as it is now not part of the family stand.

Edited by Old git
  • Haha 2

We have to admit it, supporters that are prepared to sing and chant are split into three relatively small groups (Union FS, L Block and a small but growing group at the back of P and P1).

I really think it’s Blocks P and P1 which are now NOT part of the ‘Family Stand’, that we the supporters should develop. Don't wait on the club.

Those in P and P1 do join in with anything L1 starts and vice-versa.

if Union FS, next season, move into those blocks, we would have two areas either side of the away fans, that can join together and create a decent atmosphere.

The Union FS bodies DO NOT have to sit all next to each other, so don’t moan about that. There will be pockets of groups of places available, so you will still be able to be with some mates.  Spread throughout P and P1  they will further help to get the atmosphere in those blocks raised further.

As always I’ll be shot down with some twat of a joker saying “let’s swap the Kop and the Family Stand”.  I AM NOT SAYING THAT ! We which you would realise if you read my post properly. P and P1 are now officially not part of the Family Stand.  Also, you don’t want those in the ‘Kop’ seats (it’s embarrassing that it is called a Kop, when a huge proportion just sit there in silence), all moving to P and P1, you want just the singers!

Anyway, there you go, cue the naysayers 😂

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Old git said:

We have to admit it, supporters that are prepared to sing and chant are split into three relatively small groups (Union FS, L Block and a small but growing group at the back of P and P1).

I really think it’s Blocks P and P1 which are now NOT part of the ‘Family Stand’, that we the supporters should develop. Don't wait on the club.

Those in P and P1 do join in with anything L1 starts and vice-versa.

if Union FS, next season, move into those blocks, we would have two areas either side of the away fans, that can join together and create a decent atmosphere.

The Union FS bodies DO NOT have to sit all next to each other, so don’t moan about that. There will be pockets of groups of places available, so you will still be able to be with some mates.  Spread throughout P and P1  they will further help to get the atmosphere in those blocks raised further.

As always I’ll be shot down with some twat of a joker saying “let’s swap the Kop and the Family Stand”.  I AM NOT SAYING THAT ! We which you would realise if you read my post properly. P and P1 are now officially not part of the Family Stand.  Also, you don’t want those in the ‘Kop’ seats (it’s embarrassing that it is called a Kop, when a huge proportion just sit there in silence), all moving to P and P1, you want just the singers!

Anyway, there you go, cue the naysayers 😂

Certain posters have accused anyone in L and K as only wanting to sit there to goad the away fans rather than sing songs that support our team.

Clearly that notion is ridiculous but you’ll soon be tarnished with the same brush.

To me, it’s important as home fans to try and drown out the opposition fans. Some members on here totally disagree with that, but I think it’s really vital, and also helps our players that bit more  

• Like 1

In a way, my mind has changed on UFS being away from the away fans - I was a proponent for them moving to P or K block or somewhere similar until slowly realising just how lame it now is in L1 . It's been refreshing when up there for cup and European matches to have a section actually backing the team rather than spending 90 minutes more interested in picking out individuals to take the piss out of.

By all means I'm up for finding a way to combine the singing areas, but I dunno if it might prove to be a double-edged sword if moving to that corner slowly turns UFS into morons rather than getting the more moronic elements of L1 back on board.

Edited by OntarioFox

1 hour ago, Old git said:

No they don’t.

I had a season ticket at the back of P1 for years as me and a few others went together there with our kids.  When our kids got to 18 we had to move, so we tried L1 but couldn’t get enough tickets together.

So we thought we’d try to get tickets near Union FS and we managed to get a load of tickets at the back just a bit to the right of the Union FS lot (asa you look at the pitch).  
We would start a song and a few others around us joined in, Union FS never joined in, they would look over and then start some other song.

Happened every time I've been in able to get in the section. I ever signalled to the guy at the front on Thursday that something was starting in SK2 so we could stop and join in.

This thread is becoming like a battle of the bands.

I say we have a three way sing off last game of the season, get the three groups on the pitch, get Brendan to pull his trousers up around his armpits and give him a big red buzzer.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

To me, it’s important as home fans to try and drown out the opposition fans. Some members on here totally disagree with that, but I think it’s really vital, and also helps our players that bit more  

I'm not sure how anyone could disagree with this.  

22 hours ago, Old git said:

No they don’t.

i have a season ticket in g1, and to be fair to ufs i have never not heard them join in a song thats filtered over to them

On 28/04/2022 at 23:55, tom27111 said:

This is just full of people saying "my section was better than your section".

If all sections worked together, there might be an atmosphere created.

Until then, there'll be a small pocket of fans you can hear being outsung by away fans.

....did someone not say when the stadium was designed, it was set up to push the sound down on to the pitch!!!

Surely this is going to have an effect on how sections are perceived, depending where you are in the ground.

• Like 1