Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

1 minute ago, phoneticerror said:

Didn’t realise I was going to Goodison Park today…

Be fair, our ground is accessible to anyone taller than a hobbit. One of the worst grounds I've been to, had to crouch going in and out of the concourses

Really positive to see the consultation being public to get as many opinions as possible. Replied with all of their favoured buzz words of atmosphere, fan experience etc to tick all of the boxes. Hopefully we'll get a more consistent run of the singing section next season. 

Even though I prefer my seat in L1, despite the ever growing presence of teenage/early 20s wannabe thugs, I have replied to the survey positively.

Some of the UFS stuff I'm not keen on, that's life. But there's no doubt their efforts have to be welcomed and they have had a positive impact.

The singing sections should be kept. Simple as.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot

I thought the Club had no idea and were deliberately trying to stifle the atmosphere?

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I thought the Club had no idea and were deliberately trying to stifle the atmosphere?

After one email? Username is true to form I see

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Actually started fairly decent for me (as we did on the pitch) but obviously come about forty minutes it was pretty pants 

Got to give it to the Everton fans, they were good. Had a litlle spell of being quiet after our equaliser and near the end when they got a bit edgy as we applied some pressure but overall very loud and importantly, in unison. Also noticed that pretty much every single Everton supporter stood up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Then they can't really win, can they.

Whatever the reason its a good thing?

I admit its a good thing, hopefully something will come of it, but until then its all lip service so I'm not going to praise them just for listening especially given they've actively supressed fans in the past.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Dare I ask how it was yesterday?

Probably one of the worst home atmospheres I've been to in terms of noise from our fans however it felt like the players were already on the beach mentally and their performance didn't exactly inspire the fans.

Almost felt like there was a bit of football 'fatigue' from our fans as we couldn't even muster up a 'You're sh*t ahh!' for Pickford as we got to the 37 minute mark.

I also thought the Everton fans were class, from about 30mins onwards they were loud and sung non-stop pretty much. 

57 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Makes the cynical side of me think they only now care about the fans now things aren't going well on the pitch.

On the contrary, I think the atmosphere against Rennes in particular was an eye-opener on the benefits of good atmosphere and why it should be taken seriously all the way up to board level.

29 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Probably one of the worst home atmospheres I've been to in terms of noise from our fans however it felt like the players were already on the beach mentally and their performance didn't exactly inspire the fans.

Almost felt like there was a bit of football 'fatigue' from our fans as we couldn't even muster up a 'You're sh*t ahh!' for Pickford as we got to the 37 minute mark.

I also thought the Everton fans were class, from about 30mins onwards they were loud and sung non-stop pretty much. 

You are right, they were very good. That said, I went to every match during the run in of 2007/8 and our fans were incredible, home and away. Barnsley away during that run in and Wednesday home are examples of incredible atmospheres,  up there with the best in victory and defeat. 

It just shows what a common cause brings, whether it be an unexpected top 4 run in, a cup run or a relegation fight. Mid table in any division always puts supporters on edge, especially if more is expected, which it is.

Edited by DoveValleyFox
Forgot a bit

33 minutes ago, DoveValleyFox said:

You are right, they were very good. That said, I went to every match during the run in of 2007/8 and our fans were incredible, home and away. Barnsley away during that run in and Wednesday home are examples of incredible atmospheres,  up there with the best in victory and defeat. 

It just shows what a common cause brings, whether it be an unexpected top 4 run in, a cup run or a relegation fight. Mid table in any division always puts supporters on edge, especially if more is expected, which it is.

Yeah their end yesterday reminded me a lot of us in those two seasons where we were fighting to stay up. Barnsley in particular came to mind. 

• Like 3