Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

6 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

We were all stood at the top of K1 too. Enjoyable experience, even if there was audible booing of the knee and the somewhat gratuitous blast of the National Anthem... 

cringed at this. Sadly the booing is nothing new there.

Edited by RonnieTodger

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Frost said:

Hopefully the clappers will be binned off too.

Sounded like they'll be going collection only, but we were told this a few seasons back and it never happened. But they did seem pretty set on the idea this time, pretty resigned to the fact they've run their course now. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Nice. Was discussed the other night at the long overdue "matchday atmosphere working group", that song wasn't mentioned specifically but they were open to changing it. Some nice pre match tunes making a return as well potentially.

It feels, slowly, like things are improving.

Goal music will never be good but Kungs was so bad.

Said similar before, the only way to protest goal music is to quickly don some cheap industrial ear protectors (fingers in ears for the plastics) and each and everyone sing and shout and dance to your own tune. Let the big wigs try ignoring that- 

Problem is, there might be more robo jiggers than free stylers

Also said before, without any response, could UFS consider asking for 500 rail seats for the over 60s. Wouldnt it be lovely to have a retro Pen 2 belting out the oldies. 

This is a serious suggestion, sort off

Edited by He aint bald

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Nice. Was discussed the other night at the long overdue "matchday atmosphere working group", that song wasn't mentioned specifically but they were open to changing it. Some nice pre match tunes making a return as well potentially.

Hopefully a bit of Republica- ready to go and Robbie Williams- let me entertain you 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Hopefully a bit of Republica- ready to go and Robbie Williams- let me entertain you 

I think it’d be better to get something from this decade. I don’t know what the solution is as I’m late thirties and don’t listen to much current music, but all the suggestions in here are from decades ago. Need to move with the times, not live in the past.

Edited by phoneticerror

Why do so many posts now have ageist references in a forum I used to enjoy following?

Getting older is a privilege, not a handicap and surely ‘1884’ celebrates the longevity of the club……but not its supporters though?

As far as I’m aware the club have no plans to cull supporters that were there when we were shite or ban non Stone Island wearing parents and kids that don’t want to sing about Soyuncus nob

Look closer to home for any lack of atmosphere, my days of pen 1-2-3 and East Stand there was no need to blame 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Why do so many posts now have ageist references in a forum I used to enjoy following?

Getting older is a privilege, not a handicap and surely ‘1884’ celebrates the longevity of the club……but not its supporters though?

As far as I’m aware the club have no plans to cull supporters that were there when we were shite or ban non Stone Island wearing parents and kids that don’t want to sing about Soyuncus nob

Look closer to home for any lack of atmosphere, my days of pen 1-2-3 and East Stand there was no need to blame 

I think you may have misunderstood? I don’t see any ageist comments, unless you’re misconstruing my point that people keep suggesting and the club are picking overused pop tunes from 20+ years ago for the stadium 🤔 My point isn’t purely about the age, it’s that because they’re so old they’ve been used to death.

11 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

Zombie Nation…

Was there anybody under 40 at this meeting?

Yeah, UFS were there but other than that it was the same faces that the club will have been speaking to for decades. Shame as lot of people have opinions on this kind of stuff from all kinds of areas of the fanbase which the club should be hearing, but for whatever reason they're not on these calls. Whether it's a case that they don't put themselves forward, or the club don't invite them I don't know.