Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

Oddly I was irritated by the way they kept on singing when we conceded. I know it was meant to encourage the team to fight back but actually I think it sounded like they were just detached from the game. In those moments the players needed a different kind of encouragement but just singing Leicester till I die sounded like an admission of defeat.

Psychology is a complex business but when singing sounds ‘put on’ it can inadvertently reinforce a sense of negativity. I’m sure it was well intentioned but if the singing jars with the mood it doesn’t work. 

Edited by Mr Weller 2
  • Like 2

Love everything UFS do but some new songs don't need to be sung, it just killed the atmosphere yesterday. 

Leicester City FC they're the team for me was great, people started to join in.. then they started singing another song then silence, just those who knew the words were singing - This has happened on a few occasions too. 

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Love everything UFS do but some new songs don't need to be sung, it just killed the atmosphere yesterday. 

Leicester City FC they're the team for me was great, people started to join in.. then they started singing another song then silence, just those who knew the words were singing - This has happened on a few occasions too. 

Take your point as timing is important. Do though think how does anything new ever get going without it being sung.

4 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Oddly I was irritated by the way they kept on singing when we conceded. I know it was meant to encourage the team to fight back but actually I think it sounded like they were just detached from the game. In those moments the players needed a different kind of encouragement but just singing Leicester till I die sounded like an admission of defeat.

Psychology is a complex business but when singing sounds ‘put on’ it can inadvertently reinforce a sense of negativity. I’m sure it was well intentioned but if the singing jars with the mood it doesn’t work. 

Well put 👏

It did seem very self satisfying and robotic and wasn’t a reaction to the game

L1 chant and sing to lift whilst SK1 SS obliviously sing a ridiculously wordy Inaudible song about Madison 

Silly to have 2 sections going their gig, confusing and deters other joining in 

33 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

A turgid game of football but the atmosphere more than made up for it. New songs and more singing, thats progress in my book.

Can't go on for too long though surely. You shouldn't really have to pay money to attend a football match and be made to make your own entertainment 🤣

5 minutes ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

But I don’t think when we went 2-1 down people were ready for the valedictory Leicester till I die stuff-if anything it made people more angry as that wasn’t what they were feeling at that moment. If the singing is too forced other fans won’t join in .

I mean from memory I think there was at least two songs before that and only personally speaking it was sang like any other tune to support not at all valedictory. 

2 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Killing the atmosphere more like, seem a very self indulgent bunch to me. Stupid half arsed carrying on singing even when we let one in as if nothing had happened. Ive always had a seat in that section and most of them didn't arrive until 5 mins to the start. Pretend ultras that's for sure. I know the football is not helping, but this section is .....

Harsh!

Just now, Ginger_Filbert said:

Pissed a lot of people off around me to the point someone got pulled back from approaching him. 

He knew what he was doing as well even his mates around him were doing nervous laughs. 

It was bizarre. L1 is meant to be a noisy section, but he was whacking it so hard when there wasn’t a chant going. 

13 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Killing the atmosphere more like, seem a very self indulgent bunch to me. Stupid half arsed carrying on singing even when we let one in as if nothing had happened. Ive always had a seat in that section and most of them didn't arrive until 5 mins to the start. Pretend ultras that's for sure. I know the football is not helping, but this section is .....

Have a day off

• Like 4

14 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

The singing section was banging today tbf. It’s a really positive movement as they were loud all game from where I was.

It didn’t travel to the family stand sadly. We were all loud for the first 20 mins or so. After that, all I could bloody hear was “when the saints go marching in” over and over and over.