Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

6 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

[email protected]. Their reply to me follows:

Hello David, 

I have spoken with the relevant department who have confirmed the Goal music will be reviewed at the end of the season.

In terms of the volume, we’re having issues with the PA system at the moment, with some areas the speakers being really quiet and others too loud, despite the same level being sent everywhere. 

We have started to address the issue, but due to the shortage of electronic chips, some of the hardware we require won’t be available until the new year.

Kind regards

Donna

In fairness, that's about the same expected waiting time as the chips in the concourse.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

That was my point, although it certainly doesn't help.

Newcastle fans bouncing at 4-0 down and our fans heading out at 4-0 up is the difference in mindset between two sets of fans.

They said on the radio  home fans were   walking out 15 minutes before the end. However   under 

12 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Leicester is a piece of piss to get away from. 

Never any significant traffic issues for me. 

Shit excuse 

Agreed! Never had any real issues getting away from the city after a match. Some of the away grounds i have been to though are a nightmare in comparison. 

5 hours ago, lee7 said:

Agreed! Never had any real issues getting away from the city after a match. Some of the away grounds i have been to though are a nightmare in comparison. 

Likewise. We park a fair way from the ground on the Narborough Road, so a decent stretch of the legs after the game. Takes a little while to get to the M1 which gives enough time to hear Brendan’s thoughts on Radio Leicester before we leave Leicestershire airspace and head back sarf. 

12 hours ago, MattFox said:

Our fanbase was finished the moment the club had to bribe people with free t shirts to stay behind for the lap of honour in 2019

Agree fans should get behind the team all through the game and clap them off at the end . But I'm really not arsed about a lap of honour. Nice for people that want to see the players after. But don't think it should be a measure of support.  Soon be down the pub .

Edited by los dedos

On 13/12/2021 at 12:23, Yes N'Didi said:

I think he means after - it's Easy Life isn't it? I get the Leicester connection but it doesn't have the same effect as Club Foot. Understood why they don't want to continue with Kasabian after the Tom incident but this is hardly an ideal replacement.

Yes this is what I meant, what east life song is it? 

Edited by Lesta2014

56 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

On the flip side, he comes from south London every week and can’t even be bothered to stay for the full 90 mins?!? That is crazy. That must be 5+ hours or driving for less then 1.5 hours of action. I come from north London and I’m not leaving a second early to make the drive up fully worthwhile. Also I think he’s having you on by saying 60 mins will be added on to the drive if he stays until ft. Due to our weird ko times this season the M1 has been dead on the return leg everytime 

That's exactly my position. It still takes me 2.5+ hours to get home whether I leave early or not (so I never do). I'm finding some of our fans are getting weirder season on season. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

The issue isn't that they are getting weirder, they are getting fatigue because they have all had season tickets for years and years. 

I look around and genuinely most of the people there look bored to death with it but they can't bare to give up a ST. 

We've got an old, tired fanbase that have lost the passion and desire. 

This was in stark contrast to the demographic that was in the singing section for Brighton. 

Loads of younger lads with their mates that bought with memberships or on general sale.

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This was in stark contrast to the demographic that was in the singing section for Brighton. 

Loads of younger lads with their mates that bought with memberships or on general sale.

Yep, we need this section for the league, it's as simple as that.

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

On the flip side, he comes from south London every week and can’t even be bothered to stay for the full 90 mins?!? That is crazy. That must be 5+ hours or driving for less then 1.5 hours of action. I come from north London and I’m not leaving a second early to make the drive up fully worthwhile. Also I think he’s having you on by saying 60 mins will be added on to the drive if he stays until ft. Due to our weird ko times this season the M1 has been dead on the return leg everytime 

On the flip side? There is no flip side. That’s his choice.

It saves me 30-40 minutes getting to Wigston sometimes. So yeah, I believe him. You are literally the last person out the ground where we sit.

20 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Nearly 6000 up at Liverpool next week in a quarter final just before Christmas. Can't think of any reasons why this shouldn't be one of our best ends for a long long time. Will it though? Highly doubt it.

Like when we went to forest with about 8000 and I’d heard louder farts. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Babylon said:

On the flip side? There is no flip side. That’s his choice.

It saves me 30-40 minutes getting to Wigston sometimes. So yeah, I believe him. You are literally the last person out the ground where we sit.

Of course there’s a flip side. There’s always a flip side. This is a forum where people post opinions and discuss them, If there’s no flip side there’s no forum! 

That’s crazy, I wouldn’t imagine getting back to wigston would take that long. Is it just straight down the Welford road? City council seem to be messing around with the roads constantly and causing havoc with motorists. Not that I live here anymore, based on anecdotal evidence 

I am mildly optimistic we will get it right (que a load of negative replies ha). I don't think we've been this organised in a long time with the right intentions and continued efforts to make it much better. It looks like there is appetite reading this message board. If the club cooperated I think we can make it amongst the best due to the efforts that have already been made.

It's within their interest as a more vibrant atmosphere will be an attractive proposition for all even if you are not directly participating in a singing section.

8 minutes ago, lebleu said:

I am mildly optimistic we will get it right (que a load of negative replies ha). I don't think we've been this organised in a long time with the right intentions and continued efforts to make it much better. It looks like there is appetite reading this message board. If the club cooperated I think we can make it amongst the best due to the efforts that have already been made.

It's within their interest as a more vibrant atmosphere will be an attractive proposition for all even if you are not directly participating in a singing section.

Think the clubs idea of a good atmosphere is slightly different to most of ours. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

The issue isn't that they are getting weirder, they are getting fatigue because they have all had season tickets for years and years. 

I look around and genuinely most of the people there look bored to death with it but they can't bare to give up a ST. 

We've got an old, tired fanbase that have lost the passion and desire. 

Cannot agree with any of this scapegoating. The older fans I go with & plenty who I don't personally know are far from tired & display plenty of passion & desire.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Munshi said:

Think the clubs idea of a good atmosphere is slightly different to most of ours. 

I agree from what I see. I've always felt this way though since we moved to our current stadium, like many others it was the atmosphere that got me hooked in the first place.

What we have now though is an intelligent response from our fan base to make a change for the better.

15 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Cannot agree with any of this scapegoating. The older fans I go with & plenty who I don't personally know are far from tired & display plenty of passion & desire.

The majority of our fan base is old and tired. That obviously means there are exceptions but as the years have gone by more and more have started to join this boring and passive way of supporting