Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

13 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I've been on many away days and there are lots of the 'older generation' shall we say that go because they have a lot more time on their hands. Others have commented that the away support was shite and I'm not going to lie, a lot of it is because of those types of fans who just sit and watch with a face like a slapped a**e and make zero noise so yeah I will take the piss if I want to. Apologies if its your old man!

That older generation made a lot more noise than you probably when they were younger… didn’t need a drum, clappers of a  little group of black t shirts flag wavers.

And probably respected their elders as well 

jog on

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, I blame Wellens said:

That older generation made a lot more noise than you probably when they were younger… didn’t need a drum, clappers of a  little group of black t shirts flag wavers.

And probably respected their elders as well 

jog on

Does getting older make you forget how to open your gob then?

38 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I've been on many away days and there are lots of the 'older generation' shall we say that go because they have a lot more time on their hands. Others have commented that the away support was shite and I'm not going to lie, a lot of it is because of those types of fans who just sit and watch with a face like a slapped a**e and make zero noise so yeah I will take the piss if I want to. Apologies if its your old man!

lol You have a surprise in store for you. 

A neutral groundhopper on the European Football Weekends Facebook page has called it "probably the worst away support i Have witnessed in a long time".

Jeez, where is our pride in ourselves? If you can't sing for the team or the manager, sing for your club!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Just now, Voll Blau said:

A neutral groundhopper on the European Football Weekends Facebook page has called it "probably the worst away support i Have witnessed in a long time".

Jeez, where is our pride in ourselves? If you can't sing for the team or the manager, sing for your club!

I see it every week now. “Leicester were the worst home/away fans I’ve seen this season” 

Sometimes it’s sour grapes if they’ve lost, but I think we all know it’s largely true. 

• Like 2

Is there a reason why the demographic of our away end (and even our home end) is so different compared to teams like Leeds, United, Newcastle. Feels like we have a lot lot more older people in our ends and the same ones keep popping up at every game.

17 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Is there a reason why the demographic of our away end (and even our home end) is so different compared to teams like Leeds, United, Newcastle. Feels like we have a lot lot more older people in our ends and the same ones keep popping up at every game.

We do get away ends that are more similar in demographic to those clubs, Leeds and Villa last season spring to mind and while the away ends were more ‘rowdy’ the atmosphere was still average at best.

Edited by GlennyFox55

5 minutes ago, GlennyFox55 said:

We do get away ends that are more similar in demographic to those clubs, Leeds and Villa last season spring to mind and while the away ends were more ‘rowdy’ the atmosphere was still average at best.

Yep. You can't pin the blame completely on old dodderers given all the Instagram concourse ladladlad types spend hours before every game acting up and then turn into church mice the second a ball's kicked in anger. We're such a weird fanbase.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Dunno you see quite a few ‘lads’ with badly cropped haircuts and COALVILLE ON TOUR St. George’s flags giving it the arms outstretched singing god save the queen w*nker sign to the home fans crowd. I don’t think it’s only old people at away games 

30 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

The home problem is largely due to outgrowing our stadium. We get very little new blood due to the unavailability of season tickets. Our fanbase has got old and doesn't have the energy to stand and sing for 90 mins. 

I grew up on the Filbert Street pens and got involved in all of those atmospheres. I relocated some time ago to C Block in the hope of giving the young atmosphere creators a chance, at least. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Dunno you see quite a few ‘lads’ with badly cropped haircuts and COALVILLE ON TOUR St. George’s flags giving it the arms outstretched singing god save the queen w*nker sign to the home fans crowd. I don’t think it’s only old people at away games 

Yeah both ends of the spectrum ****ing crap 

33 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yep. You can't pin the blame completely on old dodderers given all the Instagram concourse ladladlad types spend hours before every game acting up and then turn into church mice the second a ball's kicked in anger. We're such a weird fanbase.

It's also a bit OTT to suggest our away end is full of OAPs anyway. 

The old boy can't stand for 90 minutes anymore so we're usually down the front on an away trip and, yes, there's about two or three old women that - fair fvcks to them - seem to have been to every game since City was Fosse. But the vast majority of the end are still just your common or garden football crowd of 20 to 40 year old blokes. 

Blaming "demographics" definitely feels like clutching at straws. 

• Like 2

Our fans have always been complete shit 

escaping relegation by the skin of our knackers and then going on to achieve the greatest upset / moment in football history possibly skewed peoples opinion a little bit. 

Boring boring Leicester

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Our fans have always been complete shit 

escaping relegation by the skin of our knackers and then going on to achieve the greatest upset / moment in football history possibly skewed peoples opinion a little bit. 

Boring boring Leicester

Don't sugar coat it, tell us how you really feel lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I see it every week now. “Leicester were the worst home/away fans I’ve seen this season” 

Sometimes it’s sour grapes if they’ve lost, but I think we all know it’s largely true. 

Nothing we haven't said here.

1 minute ago, lcfcben76 said:

Obviously a lot has already been covered already but it really was the most hideous away end I’ve ever been involved in, virtually any chant was a chore for people to join in on.

Everyone is entitled to support the team in their own way but the amount of people who stand in silence at games baffles me. 

last night I moved to 3/4 different locations in the away end to try and get something going - the amount of times I was stood next to a family/group who literally stood in complete silence the whole time was crazy to me. People who clearly were together not even talking to each other? How do they find any enjoyment out of going, each to their own but it baffles me.

Baffles me. Every time I enter an away end I think it might be different this game and we might have a good end and every time there’s around 6 of us trying to get anything going with no one joining in just standing silently.