Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

Just now, SemperEadem said:

May seem bizarre but enjoyed it tonight in SK1. Stuck at it the full 90 well. 

Yeah did well all considered. 

Interestingly I thought that’s the quietest United have ever been here. I think that’s gonna be a running theme this season as travel is pretty much restricted to driving and it simply won’t be affordable for most fans to go every away this season 

4 minutes ago, Lcfc098 said:

Section was decent. Can only imagine it will get a lot better once we get better on the pitch too. Also really didn’t understand why the fans in the corner were clapping Eriksen when he came over to take the corner? 

That clapping was bizarre and embarrassing! Yes he had a heart attack, but he's still doing pretty well for himself!

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

I thought the atmosphere was pretty good tonight.

You'd not think there were any questions about the manager, very disappointed in that fact really.

I watched a US stream and Le Saux was constantly on about how deflated, quiet and apprehensive the home fans seemed 😂

26 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Interestingly I thought that’s the quietest United have ever been here. I think that’s gonna be a running theme this season as travel is pretty much restricted to driving and it simply won’t be affordable for most fans to go every away this season 

Those different perceptions on atmosphere always make me chuckle… could not hear the sk1 at all in the family stand and Man U as per usual sang the whole game. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, StonyFox said:

That clapping was bizarre and embarrassing! Yes he had a heart attack, but he's still doing pretty well for himself!

The clapping was - I think - in response to the booing more than anything because it's not a good look booing someone that nearly died a year or so ago lol I heard the booing then the clapping and just thought fcks sake make up your mind :)

Just now, I blame Wellens said:

Those different perceptions on atmosphere always make me chuckle… could not hear the sk1 at all in the family stand and Man U as per usual sang the whole game. 

Same from the Family Stand. Could hear their fans all night almost non-stop.

Could see you all going for it in the corner but couldn't hear a thing. Obviously the acoustics.

• Like 1

Bit of a question for anyone who sits near the dugout.

Got to be honest I had a bit of a moan today at Brendan’s lack of intent after we went a goal down, set up, lack of subs early on, Barnes and sadly Thomas’s total lack of anything and the peculiar decision to have Castagne on the bench… if he’s fit enough for the bench, he’s fit enough to start and then take him off if he’s suffering.

The  vast majority of fans around me were the same. So the question is… if you are a fan anywhere in earshot of Brendan, is there any discontent, any comments directed towards the manager?

genuine question. Just interested to know.

8 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Most of them had probably only travelled a few miles. 

I said to my mate, that last night was the quietest I've heard the KP in a long time. Nobody seemed up for it at all. 

I could see that SK1 were clapping (I'm guessing singing at the same time) but couldn't hear a thing. 

Could hear Utd fans singing constantly. 

We need something to get the fans going, I thought when evens went through Rashford (I think) it lifted the fans a bit, we need that from the off. 

• Like 3

I thought SK1 was quite loud for the first 15 mins but after they scored flat, there are 20-30 people max really going for it at the front with a cpl of flags but thats it really, good on them for giving it ago. But a 700 strong signing section is a pipedream. 

• Like 1

Singing section is a solid 6/10 so far this season... Effort from the lads is there but poor songs choices. Maddison song is cringe!

I think you'll struggle to get a good atmosphere from a singing section that's so far away from the away fans.

You need that interaction, the banter and back and fourth biting! That's what gets people going!... Its like a singer singing Infront of a crowd or Infront of his mirror... We all know which you'd prefer.

7 minutes ago, LFEFox23 said:

Singing section is a solid 6/10 so far this season... Effort from the lads is there but poor songs choices. Maddison song is cringe!

I think you'll struggle to get a good atmosphere from a singing section that's so far away from the away fans.

You need that interaction, the banter and back and fourth biting! That's what gets people going!... Its like a singer singing Infront of a crowd or Infront of his mirror... We all know which you'd prefer.

Pretty outdated opinion to say you need to be near the away fans to open your mouth. Why don't L1 sing anything anymore if that's the case? It's totally died. 

Thinking about it where in the league has their main singers next to the away end? Can only think of Southampton and Wolves, maybe Man City