Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

We had a bit of an edge about us last night. Made it slightly intimidating for forest and it showed. Booing every time they got on the ball. Things like that help and I think that’s what Rodgers meant when he said the fans can help play a bigger part.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Goal music needs binning ASAP, absolutely dreadful.

Goal music and post horn gallop kill it.

Kasabian Club Foot should be played as the teams come out, or just closer, as it get everyone up for it more.

Overall though atmosphere was good.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

I think in games like last night they should have killed it off completely. Let the emotions take charge.

In some turgid games where the roar and goal reaction might not be as strong, play it by all means. It needs to be judged on a goal by goal or match by match basis (personally I prefer no goal music).

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

Yeah it actually killed it last night. The atmosphere was so good I had forgotten about it and then when it came on it changed the natural celebration to synchronised bouncing as usual. Really wasn’t needed for that game.

17 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Forest fans gave it a good go for about 10 minutes.

Then I look on twitter this morning to their admin saying they were "non stop" all night lol Absoloute rubbish.

Yeah after their abuse and then silence at the Tifo I didn’t hear anything until the second half. They then have the audacity to post that non stop signing crap. Pretty embarrassing really.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Yeah it actually killed it last night. The atmosphere was so good I had forgotten about it and then when it came on it changed the natural celebration to synchronised bouncing as usual. Really wasn’t needed for that game.

Yeah after their abuse and then silence at the Tifo I didn’t hear anything until the second half. They then have the audacity to post that non stop signing crap. Pretty embarrassing really.

To be fair, they were singing even at 4 goals down, we were just louder so perhaps it wasn't noticeable on TV.

The atmosphere yesterday was the best I have been to in quite a few years now - "forest get battered, everywhere they go....." was the highlight for me - seemed to play a bit of song tennis for a while between the kop and west stand. Great to hear!

1 hour ago, K1FOX said:

Really like this before kick off - think it has been a great introduction and people are joining in. I think they seem to cut the music with the hope that the fans will do the last "the whole world smiles with you" on their own though and instead the fans just stop with the music. But overall the interaction with this from what it was on day 1 is great to see and it is a welcome addition.

2 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Forest fans sounded disproportionately loud on the TV broadcast mix in the second half. I swear I heard a moment when they raised their level when there was a lull in the home crowd.

There was definitely a 10/20 minute period where we lulled and they got really loud. Mental considering the score line.

But hey ho I though baring that our support was excellent especially in the first half it was like a bear pit. I was especially pleased with how up for it and positive the support was considering how desperately depressing these last weeks have been and how many want the manager gone. 

44 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I think in games like last night they should have killed it off completely. Let the emotions take charge.

In some turgid games where the roar and goal reaction might not be as strong, play it by all means. It needs to be judged on a goal by goal or match by match basis (personally I prefer no goal music).

I rewatched it this morning and the goal music killed off any natural reaction to the 1st and 2nd goals, everybody just goes in dancing puppet mode!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I think it was inevitable that our noise would drop mid-way through the second half when 3-0 up and the players dropping their pace. It was almost like the stadium catching its breath. The damage was done in the first half. 

I think a lot of pent up emotions came out last night. It was almost like a therapy session. Worked for me. 

Spot on. Forgot what a win felt like. Whatever the ifs and buts, last night was cathartic.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Forest fans sounded disproportionately loud on the TV broadcast mix in the second half. I swear I heard a moment when they raised their level when there was a lull in the home crowd.

“You’re fúcking shít …” was loud and clear for a minute or so, they probably turned the mikes down after that 😂