Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

45 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Of course there’s a flip side. There’s always a flip side. This is a forum where people post opinions and discuss them, If there’s no flip side there’s no forum! 

That’s crazy, I wouldn’t imagine getting back to wigston would take that long. Is it just straight down the Welford road? City council seem to be messing around with the roads constantly and causing havoc with motorists. Not that I live here anymore, based on anecdotal evidence 

Well I disagree, it's his personal choice. Whether he misses 4 minutes of a game is nobody else's business. 

If I leave at the start of injury time I walk straight out of the ground, rather than it taking a good ten minutes + to get out from my seat. Then it's a free walk straight back to my car, rather than dawdling behind seemingly 1000's of people with a limp. Then I can drive straight out of freemans common, or saffron lane stadium, rather than being stuck at the back of the queue because I'm one of the last out the ground. Then it's a quick zoom up saffron lane without any traffic and I'm near enough home in 10 minutes. It makes a massive difference.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Well I disagree, it's his personal choice. Whether he misses 4 minutes of a game is nobody else's business. 

If I leave at the start of injury time I walk straight out of the ground, rather than it taking a good ten minutes + to get out from my seat. Then it's a free walk straight back to my car, rather than dawdling behind seemingly 1000's of people with a limp. Then I can drive straight out of freemans common, or saffron lane stadium, rather than being stuck at the back of the queue because I'm one of the last out the ground. Then it's a quick zoom up saffron lane without any traffic and I'm near enough home in 10 minutes. It makes a massive difference.

Despite the fact you've done this numerous times, Babs, I'm going to call it BS, even though I don't live in Leicester and have no real idea what the roads are like, because it feels wrong to me. That's the modern version of thinking / counter argument. 

:whistle:

The non sardonic version is that I know a quick escape and savvy driving can indeed save a lot of time driving south. But really, how very dare you? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Despite the fact you've done this numerous times, Babs, I'm going to call it BS, even though I don't live in Leicester and have no real idea what the roads are like, because it feels wrong to me. That's the modern version of thinking / counter argument. 

:whistle:

The non sardonic version is that I know a quick escape and savvy driving can indeed save a lot of time driving south. But really, how very dare you? :ph34r:

Extremely odd way of putting it and a strangely sensitive response to someone questioning traffic implications. I think you’ve created the modern counter argument you are trying to belittle haha. Who’s calling it BS? Who has no idea what the roads are like? Plenty on here whose experience suggests there is little noticeable traffic if you leave at full time, myself included. I’ve also done this sequence numerous times since the kp opened in 2002 so have a good idea. Are you calling what I’m saying above BS? 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Extremely odd way of putting it and a strangely sensitive response to someone questioning traffic implications. I think you’ve created the modern counter argument you are trying to belittle haha. Who’s calling it BS? Who has no idea what the roads are like? Plenty on here whose experience suggests there is little noticeable traffic if you leave at full time, myself included. I’ve also done this sequence numerous times since the kp opened in 2002 so have a good idea. Are you calling what I’m saying above BS? 

Sorry, I'm sensitive? Fair enough. I won't escalate this further. 

• Like 1

It will be alright tomorrow. Most of our fanbase think we have a rivalry with Spurs and are more up for it as a result. Thursdays are generally a boozier weeknight than most, it’s near Christmas and with no fit CBs it adds a novelty aspect; which we normally respond well too (Legia pyro & Watford snow).

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It will be alright tomorrow. Most of our fanbase think we have a rivalry with Spurs and are more up for it as a result. Thursdays are generally a boozier weeknight than most, it’s near Christmas and with no fit CBs it adds a novelty aspect; which we normally respond well too (Legia pyro & Watford snow).

Some of our better atmospheres at the KP have came when it's a bit awkward for us - Boro snow 

• Like 2

I wonder how much the sanitised atmosphere promoted by the club is due to their corporate image tied to their commercial partners and sponsors.

Whilst I agree the atmosphere is largely poor, indeed L1 is moribund, there has to be to it from the club's perspective.

To us, a raucous crowd with plenty of singing ala the title winning season would seem the more attractive to sponsors looking to be associated with the club. But we don't know the values of the sponsors and what they're looking for as a return on their money (aside from general exposure).

I think in truth, it will be one of many factors, along with supporter fatigue, delusions of grandeur / increased expectations, ageing demographics (see decreasing family stand), and the (scattered) location of likeminded supporters within the stadium.

14 hours ago, Stadt said:

We only sing when it’s snowing 

14 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Some of our better atmospheres at the KP have came when it's a bit awkward for us - Boro snow 

Actually there is something in this. 

Feels like Leicester fans have not adjusted well to becoming favourites rather than underdogs in many games. 

They like shit players who run around a lot. 

Uncultured? 

19 hours ago, Babylon said:

I'd have disagreed with this until the Brighton game, after which I sat queuing in traffic in Morrison's car park for a full twenty minutes going nowhere. I'll never park that close to the stadium again.

7 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

I'd have disagreed with this until the Brighton game, after which I sat queuing in traffic in Morrison's car park for a full twenty minutes going nowhere. I'll never park that close to the stadium again.

I thought that everyone knew that you should never park in Morrisons. Did you get a lovely letter from Parking Eye asking for £100?

15 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I thought that everyone knew that you should never park in Morrisons. Did you get a lovely letter from Parking Eye asking for £100?

No actually my dad spotted a sign on a pole that said I could pay by app for the time, it cost about 3 quid to park for the whole game and I thought I was on to an absolute winner until I tried to get out afterwards

8 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Actually there is something in this. 

Feels like Leicester fans have not adjusted well to becoming favourites rather than underdogs in many games. 

They like shit players who run around a lot. 

Uncultured? 

.....we have adjusted well to our inclusion in the Premier League and our subsequent success!!!

We do love a player who runs around a lot, someone who will put a foot in, and clear an opponent up .It gets you off your feet, right or wrong, it gives you the perception that a player cares as much as you, they are prepared to do what you would do, if you had the talent to play for your club. We have moved away from that style of play, (football itself has shifted to a more continental style of play) and we, as a fanbase, are not watching what we historically saw, presently being played out on the pitch.

We are struggling to draw passion from what we see, in the way we play right now, and very much contributes to our present atmosphere.

36 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.....we have adjusted well to our inclusion in the Premier League and our subsequent success!!!

We do love a player who runs around a lot, someone who will put a foot in, and clear an opponent up .It gets you off your feet, right or wrong, it gives you the perception that a player cares as much as you, they are prepared to do what you would do, if you had the talent to play for your club. We have moved away from that style of play, (football itself has shifted to a more continental style of play) and we, as a fanbase, are not watching what we historically saw, presently being played out on the pitch.

We are struggling to draw passion from what we see, in the way we play right now, and very much contributes to our present atmosphere.

We've scored a total of 11 goals in our last three home games. In two of those, we scored four. In the other, we scored three in a vital European game. What more do people want before they open their gobs?

1 minute ago, Voll Blau said:

We've scored a total of 11 goals in our last three home games. In two of those, we scored four. In the other, we scored three in a vital European game. What more do people want before they open their gobs?

....you cannot equate goals scored with our style of play, it is great to get the wins but we struggle to entertain!!!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....you cannot equate goals scored with our style of play, it is great to get the wins but we struggle to entertain!!!

If you're not entertained by the team you support banging in four goals in a game then you're wasting your money on football.

• Haha 1

Only song I heard with any gusto was left side, right side. 

Our support is fvcking sh*t. 

I can't talk because I'm a prawn sandwich boring sod.

But, every club has their atmosphere-generating subset of fans, and ours are crap.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Only song I heard with any gusto was left side, right side. 

Our support is fvcking sh*t. 

I can't talk because I'm a prawn sandwich boring sod.

But, every club has their atmosphere-generating subset of fans, and ours are crap.

I thought the atmosphere was very decent tonight from where I was sitting.