Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

47 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

Forest fans sounded disproportionately loud on the TV broadcast mix in the second half. I swear I heard a moment when they raised their level when there was a lull in the home crowd.

They were genuinely terrible bar 10 minutes in the second half ,they are usually pretty decent away fans as well.

Seems to be loads of day trippers / “here for the big days out” fans in their ends this season. 

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Not sure that I've ever heard us boo that loudly the opposition team lineup before. Certain players probably, but not an entire team. Even the normally placid C Block were on their feet giving it some. Feelings run deep. 

I havent booed that much since 'welcoming' the Middlesbrough team coach at Wembley back in 1997

It felt absolutely wonderful

• Like 1

Last night was the best atmosphere in yonks.. WYS before kick off was great, the slow rendition is so much better than when it’s sung at full speed and ends up mumbled.. it’s a pity it can’t be done at a speed similar to pre kick off maybe towards the end of the game.. UFS done incredible with the banners before the game so hats off to them. Sat in sk1 a few times before but that’s the first time I’ve actually noticed the floor literally move.. 

Was really good to hear an atmosphere in sk1 cottoning on from the singing section. Fingers crossed it carries onto Bournemouth Saturday.

If there was a slight niggle it would be that king power needs to introduce a safe standing section where fans can stand. Towards the upper half I was in jj which is 5 rows from the back, and although people were standing behind me, a few were sitting. They were tapping us and gesturing for us to sit down.. reluctantly I did but if i could of stood I would of.. our row seemed to be the cut off where you must be seated 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cambridgefox said:

I sat just in front of UFS to the left of the stairwell ( I will get to the reasoning in a minute) Was really impressed by them and the whole stand throughout,it was fantastic.

After the first or was it second goal went in someone from UFS went over the railings,I turned to see him clinging on for his life with someone holding an arm for dear life.Luckily I was in a position to hoist his legs over.He looked like he saw his whole life flash in front of his eyes.Didn’t see him again,but was he ok?

He thankfully was. Thank you for your assistance in helping.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, SemperEadem said:

He thankfully was. Thank you for your assistance in helping.

That’s good to hear.It wasn’t much,I was just in the right place thankfully,I was laughing to myself on the way back as I sort of rugby tackled his legs.That drop wouldn’t have ended well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ashfosse said:

yep totally agree and makes a difference

Watched on TV and it sounded good. TV seems to never do it justice at our place though so can only imagine what the atmosphere was actually like in the ground.

I've noticed pretty much every commentator seems to say how loud our place can be.  Complete contrast to the moans in this thread. 

In fact has anyone noticed how negative everyone is on here compared to how everyone outside the club sees us? Hmmm

54 minutes ago, cambridgefox said:

I sat just in front of UFS to the left of the stairwell ( I will get to the reasoning in a minute) Was really impressed by them and the whole stand throughout,it was fantastic.

After the first or was it second goal went in someone from UFS went over the railings,I turned to see him clinging on for his life with someone holding an arm for dear life.Luckily I was in a position to hoist his legs over.He looked like he saw his whole life flash in front of his eyes.Didn’t see him again,but was he ok?

Did I use the word life enough with limited punctuation?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

In fact has anyone noticed how negative everyone is on here compared to how everyone outside the club sees us? Hmmm

I wouldn't read too much into different opinions as they are invariably formed from different perspectives.

It did seem to be rocking at the KP last night and I've not seen that for a while (but then I'm only watching on tele)

17 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

I've noticed pretty much every commentator seems to say how loud our place can be.  Complete contrast to the moans in this thread. 

People like to be negative and miserable, it’s reassuring and protective. 

But commentators who aren’t at games at the kp week in week out will trot out the usual lines of ‘fantastic atmosphere’ based on the title winning season, when they were at the kp week in week out 

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Brilliant from Union FS and shows what can be achieved when we're all behind the lads - if it takes our hatred of Forest to unite us so be it.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

I saw that, could of been a really nasty accident or even killed himself. Why people feel the need to jump into rows in front when celebrating is a bit OTT, all for a photo and hastag limbs, grown men, really.

Atmosphere was great last night & a great effort on the tifo.

Last night was bloody marvelous. Probably the best atmosphere we've had down there since the Champions League games. Like some others have said, it almost felt like a therapy session - a MUCH needed pressure valve after a bloody awful few months as fans. :wub:

SK1 was literally bouncing - I wonder if that Seismograph nearby picked anything up like it did for Ulloa's goal?  :thumbup:

1 hour ago, cambridgefox said:

Genuinely scary stuff - and surely highlights even more the need for Safe Standing and a properly thought-out block for the singing section. :blink: 

We've got some sizeable blocks of standing fans now in a few places around the ground. We aren't going to stop doing it, and there are undoubted risks associated with it in "all seater" rows. I nearly fell backwards onto the row below celebrating Madders' free kick myself lol

Edited by OntarioFox