Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

37 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Just a heads up, Madders. It's not 'that song', it's called 'When you're Smiling'. Cheers. 

It's great the club have started playing WYS, it doesn't seem like it's quite engrained yet - hopefully in a few years we keep adding a little facets to make the 'match day experience' unique to us

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 4

Just now, Tommy G said:

I'm not saying you would, what I'm saying is you do see people purposefully hurl themselves forwards onto people all the time, they don't just fall. It was probably an idiot behind you.

Couldn’t agree more. The fake ‘limbs’ are beyond cringe. Just didn’t want anyone thinking that I was deliberately being a moron.

Anyway, I’ve message @cambridgefoxand he has beers on me for as long as he wants!

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, JMenzfeld said:

I am the idiot in question. It clearly wasn’t intentional. Why on earth would I do that myself? I was knocked in the celebration but in reality it was nobodies fault but my own.

Believe me, the lump I have on my head today was not worth any ‘photos and hashtags’hello mate, I'm the old guy you swapped seats with, glad you're ok

Hello mate, I'm the old guy you swapped seats with. Glad you're basically ok, although shame about the trousers!

6 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Forest fans sounded disproportionately loud on the TV broadcast mix in the second half. I swear I heard a moment when they raised their level when there was a lull in the home crowd.

I don't think TV ever does us justice even when we're good. Watched the highlights underwhelmed again.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
46 minutes ago, JMenzfeld said:

I am the idiot in question. It clearly wasn’t intentional. Why on earth would I do that myself? I was knocked in the celebration but in reality it was nobodies fault but my own.

Believe me, the lump I have on my head today was not worth any ‘photos and hashtags’

You were bang out of order mate.

10 hours ago, StanSP said:

Is he taking the fvcking piss lol

They only sang one song after about an hour. Deathly quiet otherwise! 

Media so far up Forest's arse it leads to this. 

Can tell they have to push certain narratives. Forest fans literally only sung to play up to this newfound reputation they're getting - it's extremely small-time.

I'd say fair play if their end was good before but it wasn't in the slightest.

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Can tell they have to push certain narratives. Forest fans literally only sung to play up to this newfound reputation they're getting - it's extremely small-time.

I'd say fair play if their end was good before but it wasn't in the slightest.

They've got a year in the prem, they may as well enjoy it.

18 hours ago, Line-X said:

But as usual it's a generic chant reproduced and recycled at so many grounds. I would have liked to have heard some of the old anti-Forest songs and chants, but then it's been a long time I guess. 

One for the unpopular views I guess, but the dreadful 'Vichai's dream' can get in the bin too. Cringeworthy. Faes may have other ideas, but we don't actually 'play from the back' and we ditched the 'counter attack' years ago. 

On the positive side, the atmosphere was like you say the best it has been for years, but that's also the Forest effect. There was a lot hanging on this...so who gives a shit what was being sung given how alive the ground felt. Precisely what we needed. Shame that the dreadful contrived goal music has to keep ruining the natural crowd reaction. So sick of visiting teams lampooning us over it and the piss taking online. 

Yeah, it's a shame but if you're ever going to cadge that one it's when you're 4-0 up against your local rivals who are getting battered everywhere they go. In any other situation I'd have been rolling my eyes at it.

Pretty much every traditional anti-Forest song going was sung in SK1, including a couple of new ones too, throughout the game.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, pedmcl said:

What makes it "dreadful" and "cringeworthy" for you? 

Must we really go over this on here again? As I pointed out, 'controversial' because so many seem to like it. Sigh. Righto -

1/ The fact that Sloop John B has been used from everything from the ubiquitous 'one of our own' chant to Jason Puncheon supposedly going for a shit, it would have been nice to have something novel and original to commemorate our deceased Chairman and arguably one of the most significant individuals in the club's long history. 

2/ The basis of it was appropriated from Wolverhampton Wanderers. 

3/ We neither 'play from the back' nor do we 'counter attack' - it only happens when very shit opposition allows us to. We have for the best part of a year and a half, employed dour possession based aimless football that has driven most of our fanbase to the point of distraction.

4/ What the **** is that dumb 'whoa whoa whoa' all about? 

5/ It's tired, it's tedious, it's dull, it's prescriptive and predictable and like that abysmal goal music, it's probably here to stay. 

11 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Pretty much every traditional anti-Forest song going was sung in SK1, including a couple of new ones too, throughout the game.

Sure about that? And to that I'd say, 'f**k off b******s, you're a c**t' ;)

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Sure about that? And to that I'd say, 'f**k off b******s, you're a c**t' ;)

Yes, I am sure. Though, in fairness, the one you refer to wasn't. Unfortunately, it's only shorter, snappier songs that tend to catch on beyond the section, so that's all most will hear - doesn't mean they aren't given a good airing though. Like you, I'd love to have heard the whole ground singing our older anti-Forest stuff.

• Like 1