Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

I don’t care what you all sing at the ground as long as you sing something. Anything is better than the eery silence of people munching on crisps and chit chatting when our team needs cheering on.

wish I was there at the games!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Yes, I am sure. Though, in fairness, the one you refer to wasn't. Unfortunately, it's only shorter, snappier songs that tend to catch on beyond the section, so that's all most will hear - doesn't mean they aren't given a good airing though. Like you, I'd love to have heard the whole ground singing our older anti-Forest stuff.

that one is pretty short to be fair

I like to add 'and a Tw@t' to the end 

4 hours ago, Line-X said:

Must we really go over this on here again? As I pointed out, 'controversial' because so many seem to like it. Sigh. Righto -

1/ The fact that Sloop John B has been used from everything from the ubiquitous 'one of our own' chant to Jason Puncheon supposedly going for a shit, it would have been nice to have something novel and original to commemorate our deceased Chairman and arguably one of the most significant individuals in the club's long history. 

2/ The basis of it was appropriated from Wolverhampton Wanderers. 

3/ We neither 'play from the back' nor do we 'counter attack' - it only happens when very shit opposition allows us to. We have for the best part of a year and a half, employed dour possession based aimless football that has driven most of our fanbase to the point of distraction.

4/ What the **** is that dumb 'whoa whoa whoa' all about? 

5/ It's tired, it's tedious, it's dull, it's prescriptive and predictable and like that abysmal goal music, it's probably here to stay. 

It also doesn’t sound anything like Sloop John B anymore. 

B1F5224E-13D9-497B-8A07-7FACCFDB19C6.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Line-X said:

We neither 'play from the back' nor do we 'counter attack' - it only happens when very shit opposition allows us to. We have for the best part of a year and a half, employed dour possession based aimless football that has driven most of our fanbase to the point of distraction.

And playing from the back/counter-attack doesn't exactly belong in a song commemorating Vichai, it's about as relevant as if you replace the "Champions of England" line with "Our old stadium is now a block of flats"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

We certainly do play out from the back 😂

Its a bloody song. 

Iwan Roberts didn’t live next door to Julian Joachim in a Leicester council flat but that still gets aired. 

Yeah come on guys they’re only songs! Forest don’t really get battered everywhere they go. 

• Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Bert said:

Its a bloody song. 

Iwan Roberts didn’t live next door to Julian Joachim in a Leicester council flat but that still gets aired. 

But Jamie Vardy does have a magic hat, doesn't he? 

:wes:

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Its a bloody song. 

Obviously that one is tongue-in-cheek and intended to be a fun song. 

2 hours ago, supernuk said:

Maddison needs a song. Surely there is something we can come up with 

He's got one but honestly don't go there, it's an ongoing debate about is it catchy enough, is it clear enough and he recently mentioned on Insta that he doesn't think he has one so that kind of sums it up.

Right now Madders For England is the only boost he needs to hear. You could see in the post-match stuff he did with Sky he's absolutely desperate for a call up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ithuriel said:

Found this, what made this funny was the fact that after the break they sang it themselves for about ten minutes, then when the fourth went in, the ground sang it for sometime and they just did not know what to do.

What were the Notts Forrest fans singing before we started? Same tune but couldn't make out the words from t'other end. Sounded like 'Forest are magic' ? 

23 hours ago, Bert said:

Its a bloody song. 

What are you talking about?! All our songs are based in irrefutable fact!

Unless you're telling me... we didn't have 11 identical players called Barry Hayles? :cry:

3 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Found this, what made this funny was the fact that after the break they sang it themselves for about ten minutes, then when the fourth went in, the ground sang it for sometime and they just did not know what to do.

Family stand there looking like Napoli ultras. Gewon kids

22 hours ago, iancognito said:

He's got one but honestly don't go there, it's an ongoing debate about is it catchy enough, is it clear enough and he recently mentioned on Insta that he doesn't think he has one so that kind of sums it up.

Right now Madders For England is the only boost he needs to hear. You could see in the post-match stuff he did with Sky he's absolutely desperate for a call up.

Something simple like his surname only  akin to lfc fans sing "Liiiverpool, Liiiiverpool"

Real shame he's been here ages and I know a bit of the Madison song but sometimes simple will do

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

It ended with ‘on and off the pitch’ but I’ve been wondering this as well. 

Yes - it’s “Forest are magic on and off the pitch” 

we don’t sing “Forest get battered everywhere we go” ourselves (yet)

Edited by ForestAreMagic
  • Like 1

On 05/10/2022 at 21:59, Bert said:

Its a bloody song. 

Really? You do surprise me. 

Ibbora lived on the saff though, right :yesyes: