Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Such backwards thinking once again.

People unofficially moving in shows its pull. Work with those fans, UFS etc grow it! Solve the standing issue by putting in proper rail seats. Just telling people to sit and threatening them with bans is both pathetic and very English football 08 thinking.

You have to despair at times. 

This club from top to bottom doesn't seem to make a single decent decision recently. 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

1 minute ago, purpleronnie said:

Whilst other clubs are introducing safe standing we're cracking down on standers in the singing sections.  Only Leicester.:D

That the club did a lot, often controversially, to accommodate. It lasted four games.

59 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Although as you will be aware, not all the season tickets were sold in the singing section, so hardly grounds for expanding it.  The guy who could have fell to his death will have a bearing on this I presume. The club would have been in massive trouble with health and safety had that happened. Can you imagine the media backlash too! 

Club shouldn't have ignored the three written requests over the summer to make changes that would have prevented this from happening then 👍

7 minutes ago, oohaahmustafa said:

Lolz. Their not gonna try and enforce that are they. Just lip service surley. 

Seems odd if they don't.  Laws have been relaxed so they don't have to pander to anyone about fans standing.  I don't know where it's all coming from.  All very strange.

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

If we hadn’t won the Forest game, we’d have been complaining about the searches and extra security they had on. All over the shop they are 

You could extrapolate this to the last few years. Being good on the pitch taken some deserved heat off some.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Club shouldn't have ignored the three written requests over the summer to make changes that would have prevented this from happening then 👍

Well to be fair to you guys, the club should have known full well that the singing section would be standing and jumping around, it can't have come as a surprise. So to expect you all to stay seated and sit on your hands now is kind of ridiculous to be honest.

They've ticked their box and shown they're reacting to reports (i wasnt there, going off a friend who sits to the side of the section, so dont know) of some mug nearly killing himself v Forest. Football may be 'long gone' but you absolutely cannot have someone nearly causing serious injury to themselves at your premises and not react to it. It's a legal dream, imagine the fees. Would be amazed if anyone sits down all match tomorrow, dont pay any attention to the email, far bigger things to worry about, like Zak Rodgers.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Well to be fair to you guys, the club should have known full well that the singing section would be standing and jumping around, it can't have come as a surprise. So to expect you all to stay seated and sit on your hands now is kind of ridiculous to be honest.

Exactly, it was identified long before the season started, a remedy proposed in writing to the right people multiple times which was ignored every time. Then the worst almost happened.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

They've ticked their box and shown they're reacting to reports (i wasnt there, going off a friend who sits to the side of the section, so dont know) of some mug nearly killing himself v Forest. Football may be 'long gone' but you absolutely cannot have someone nearly causing serious injury to themselves at your premises and not react to it. It's a legal dream, imagine the fees. Would be amazed if anyone sits down all match tomorrow, dont pay any attention to the email, far bigger things to worry about, like Zak Rodgers.

Anyone have any idea of how this incident actually happened?!? Was it above one of the vomitories? I can't imagine otherwise how this would happen with it being a single tier stadium. If so, isn't there a rail around the outside preventing falls? 

I’m not in the section tomorrow because I’ve literally lost my voice, so I’m tucking myself away into SK4, but seeing that email I’m genuinely annoyed I paid money for a ticket. The club are going out of there way to drive us away.

Being in the PL is fvcking shit. Anyone know if Melton have a non league team worth watching?

37 minutes ago, Hollism said:

I’m not in the section tomorrow because I’ve literally lost my voice, so I’m tucking myself away into SK4, but seeing that email I’m genuinely annoyed I paid money for a ticket. The club are going out of there way to drive us away.

Being in the PL is fvcking shit. Anyone know if Melton have a non league team worth watching?

Don’t worry we’ll be in the championship soon enough, and then there’ll be a whole host of new moaners and people who are ‘done with the club’ every week 

40 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Anyone have any idea of how this incident actually happened?!? Was it above one of the vomitories? I can't imagine otherwise how this would happen with it being a single tier stadium. If so, isn't there a rail around the outside preventing falls? 

There’ll be people here who know what happened for sure. Either way you absolutely cannot, as a huge business hosting 10k’s of people every fortnight, NOT react to this incident happening during a goal celebration. Legal would be all over it if there was serious injury in an upcoming game. I empathise with the ‘clubs gone mate I’m done with it’ brigade who say the say the same thing every week, but my god just delete the email

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

There’ll be people here who know what happened for sure. Either way you absolutely cannot, as a huge business hosting 10k’s of people every fortnight, NOT react to this incident happening during a goal celebration. Legal would be all over it if there was serious injury in an upcoming game. I empathise with the ‘clubs gone mate I’m done with it’ brigade who say the say the same thing every week, but my god just delete the email

How does stopping persist standing react to an incident in a goal celebration?

28 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

As I mentioned though, this is not a practical reaction to what happened if that's why it's been done. It's a flimsy attempt to cover their arses in case something more serious happens in that area - and not the kind of attempt that any lawyer worth their salt would find impressive.

Concerns have pro-actively been raised with the club as a result of what happened and solutions put forward. The club have ignored that and decided a mealy-mouthed email essentially blaming the fans in that area is the way to go. On their head be it, let's hope their ignorance doesn't result in an actual casualty.

40 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

What happened has nothing to do with the issue they are only now deciding is a problem 

• Like 3

This club is brilliant!

Give the singing section approval then tell them to sit the feck down!!!!

P.S I'm in L1, dont stand up but I've not received an email.

Maybe the ones higher up who PERSISTENTLY  stand have? @Bert?

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

As I mentioned though, this is not a practical reaction to what happened if that's why it's been done. It's a flimsy attempt to cover their arses in case something more serious happens in that area - and not the kind of attempt that any lawyer worth their salt would find impressive.

Concerns have pro-actively been raised with the club as a result of what happened and solutions put forward. The club have ignored that and decided a mealy-mouthed email essentially blaming the fans in that area is the way to go. On their head be it, let's hope their ignorance doesn't result in an actual casualty.

If they’ve not responded to genuine concerns then fair enough. They can’t expand the section mid season and if people are moving in there without tickets it’s a clear problem they need to be seen to be dealing with. 

i can absolute guarantee a firm like Mishcon De Reya would be all over this if another incident occurred. You’ve got the same old faces on here moaning away ‘done with the club so sh1t’ with no practical solutions, which you clearly aren’t.