Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

What was L1 like on Saturday? Presume they will have enjoyed having HF on their side of the Palace lot.

Well if they were there, they didn’t really contribute much other than singing “**** the Tories”. 😴 

L1 was poor, in line with current circumstances. Palace support was woeful too. I think we now have a large core of supporters that refuse to contribute to the atmosphere positively, as any positive result buys the clown more time. 

5 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

I think we now have a large core of supporters that refuse to contribute to the atmosphere positively, as any positive result buys the clown more time. 

This unfortunately is the situation but tbh I honest I can't really blame them. 

24 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I keep reading stuff like 'I try from SK2 but no one joins in and I get weird looks'. 

You can move your seat at any point during the season. I think many feel you can only actually do this during the 'relocation' period but this is not the case. Contact the club and ask to move to a more vocal area if you wish.

Yeah this. Makes me laugh when people in say, A2, complain about the lack of atmosphere at the ground. If you want it, move to the block where it is and contribute. Otherwise guess what, it's just more excuses. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah this. Makes me laugh when people in say, A2, complain about the lack of atmosphere at the ground. If you want it, move to the block where it is and contribute. Otherwise guess what, it's just more excuses. 

You’re presenting a solution that requires people to make an effort. People revel in playing the victim, whining and talking utter b0llocks like ‘the clubs done’ whilst clicking renew season ticket and ‘tried to create an atmosphere but no one’s bothered’ no you didn’t stop lying. Kudos to you people in the section.

For a period of 4 or so games there was a thread titled, ‘does anyone want to do a plane banner?’ after every game. Now instead of posting that every week it would’ve been easier for those people to start a f4cking go fund me page and get on with it!! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stadt said:

Excluding goals, dramatic moments, one off games etc we probably have 5000+ fans that will sing at some point during the game, they're just scattered all over the ground. Safe standing is probably the only realistic way to get as many together as possible. Despite the waaaank football and results the section has largely been excellent so far

Said before it gives the option for everyone in that way - a terrace works brilliant as there is a natural hierarchy with it 

I’ve noticed that with the atmosphere being so bad, I can hear various conversations going on throughout the game between fans. Often they have absolutely nothing to do with the game in front of them. 

Is this what Rogers has done to us? His football is so boring that people turn up out of habit but couldn’t care less about 99% of the game?

Or is it more than that? Has the game of football itself been ruined and taken away from the fans who would catch up on the pub, get excited and optimistic for the game, and sing their arse out in the ground?

My own theory is that since the game is less affordable than ever to get to (through ridiculous ticket prices and wages not keeping up with the cost of everything over the past decades), the 18-30s can’t afford it. Those who are past that age bracket and can afford it are likely to have a missus and kids, and/or other weekend plans, meaning the football isn’t the focal point of the weekend like it used to be. It’s just somewhere they’ve got to go for a few hours.

I really don’t know if I’m anywhere near the mark (I do talk an awful lot of shit), and even if I’m close to being right I don’t know what the answer is.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Hollism said:

I’ve noticed that with the atmosphere being so bad, I can hear various conversations going on throughout the game between fans. Often they have absolutely nothing to do with the game in front of them. 

Is this what Rogers has done to us? His football is so boring that people turn up out of habit but couldn’t care less about 99% of the game?

Or is it more than that? Has the game of football itself been ruined and taken away from the fans who would catch up on the pub, get excited and optimistic for the game, and sing their arse out in the ground?

My own theory is that since the game is less affordable than ever to get to (through ridiculous ticket prices and wages not keeping up with the cost of everything over the past decades), the 18-30s can’t afford it. Those who are past that age bracket and can afford it are likely to have a missus and kids, and/or other weekend plans, meaning the football isn’t the focal point of the weekend like it used to be. It’s just somewhere they’ve got to go for a few hours.

I really don’t know if I’m anywhere near the mark (I do talk an awful lot of shit), and even if I’m close to being right I don’t know what the answer is.

Unfortunately, I think you're fairly close to the mark.  

But it's not even just a young person thing.      I was at the Forest cup tie last season, and there were 3 lads in front of me just talking about anything and everything, with barely any interest in the game.   And this was early in the game, when we were still reasonably enthusiastic.    In fairness, they were 3 decent lads, mid 20's.  Not coked-up or anything.   Just not interested in an FA Cup tie against our local rivals.   Weird.

7 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Unfortunately, I think you're fairly close to the mark.  

But it's not even just a young person thing.      I was at the Forest cup tie last season, and there were 3 lads in front of me just talking about anything and everything, with barely any interest in the game.   And this was early in the game, when we were still reasonably enthusiastic.    In fairness, they were 3 decent lads, mid 20's.  Not coked-up or anything.   Just not interested in an FA Cup tie against our local rivals.   Weird.

Probably got their tickets from the hundreds the club gave to ticket office family and friends 

5 hours ago, Hollism said:

I have sat in various parts of the ground and at many away games, and you regularly see people of all ages talking about non football issues all match. 

12 hours ago, Hollism said:

I honestly think some people have lost interest in many things since lockdown. Where I work, a lot of my colleagues support various teams and some have lost interest in their team, can’t be bothered to go etc and their teams are doing well 

God this is absolutely depressing. 

I wouldn’t go as far to say that I live for football but it’s definitely a huge part of my life and this pr**k has made it so uninspiring that we can barely even muster up the energy to berate him. 

Is this the worst it’s ever been? In my 30 years I think it might be. 

• Thanks 1