Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

12 hours ago, adam said:

Can't we bin them both. More embarrassing than the clappers.

Contrary opinion but I quite like the drum lol. Yes I know tinpot etc and I understand a drum is not seen as ‘in’ amongst the Twitter sky sports football fan illuminati but I hope it stays. Prepare for the backlash.. 

edit - see a few comments above also like the drum!! Wow I thought it was on par with clappers ..

Edited by grobyfox1990
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

There were even stewards surrounding the Vichai statue outside the ground. Do they seriously think we are that angry with what is going on that we would be vandalising or pulling down a statue? 

Surely that’s to accommodate dirty Leeds fans. Any home fan attacking the statue would get, hopefully, quickly swamped by city fans with a brain cell 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

There were even stewards surrounding the Vichai statue outside the ground. Do they seriously think we are that angry with what is going on that we would be vandalising or pulling down a statue? 

It's probably not a worry about LCFC fans doing that sort of thing. There are plenty of other minorities that pull off high profile stunts to draw attention to whatever their cause is. Statues or works of art are always a target. 

I sit in G1 looking down at the singing section.  Most of the time the area around me is pretty silent (it does have its moments) with just my boy and I singing along.   I’m desperate for a better atmosphere and can see the singing section having a whale of a time and putting in amazing energy (my boy isn’t quite old enough for us to mix it in that area yet, hence being close but not at the heart of things).

I love most of the songs, so really not criticising, but… I’m that close to the singing section and quite simply certain songs still just do not carry with energy even to us and certainly don’t catch on with the vigour required to get others joining in and build a decent atmosphere. 

The ones that I’m sure are great if you’re in the singing section but simply don’t carry or have the umph to spread with energy, are sadly the maddison one and the ‘at home or away’.    When those start our area goes quiet (me and my boy aside!)

It’s sad but the simple catchy stuff ‘with umph’ are the only ones that really seem to work.  The only exception is the KDH wonderwall one, where a lot of people do join in…but honestly its so slow and perhaps a little dull that it seems to drain a bit of energy anyway!

I join in with all the songs and do my bit.  I think the singing section is doing a great job, I’m just offering an honest opinion from one area of the ground.

• Like 3

I sat just off sk1 Saturday and I think there are far too many people in that section who don’t sing.. the lads down the front really do try and for the first half hour done a great job. But the people at the back of the section just tend to sit there.. that is noticeable I’m afraid.. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MattFox said:

We’ve been screwed over with Kick Off times at goodison tbf 

First time we’ve been there on a Saturday since we won the league 

Remembe that being a similarly good day as well. Yesterday was that good that it's got me excited to visit West Ham's ground, and that is saying a lot.

• Like 2