Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

3 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Was much louder than usual which isn’t saying much

I guess they had more locals in last night being the league cup 

Thats it for me. More local fans mixed in with the hardcore who are all there to contribute.  Last night was an exception and a common misconception rather than a rule.

Most matches for the big clubs involve upper middle class tourists from around the world waiting to the entertained by their own fans rather than creating an atmosphere themselves.

It's funny though, the regular and local fans are the ones who acknowledge the above and also acknowledge the sound control from tv companies. Its the keyboard warriors who slate the 'eTmPyHad' who seem to think their club has an exceptional atmosphere week after week at home.

2 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Just factually correct imo. Their fans were ridiculous last night. 

Not entirely true…Anfield only came alive in the last 20mins when the Liverpool fans could smell blood from Bertrand and Vestergaard coming on. The first hour of the match the Liverpool fans were so quiet. Leicester fans completely outsung them until that final 20mins. Anfield suffers from the same issues we do at the king power in that their new stand and the kenny dalglish stand are just full of day trippers, hospitality ‘prawn sandwich’ brigades and season ticket holders that don’t sing. Although I do admit their Kop was decent and drives their atmosphere. Just wish our Kop was half as good. Bring on the Watford fa cup game as I believe there’ll be a singing section trial again

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Is there any chance we can stop singing Feed the Scousers for ****s sake!!! I know plenty do it but it's no excuse!

Their city is 100% better than ours without question, so they've clearly done well out of their so called 'poverty'.

Also if we're going to make jokes about poverty, Leicester as a city has a significant problem especially with child poverty, so it might not be the smartest idea!!

It's cheap, it's needless and it appears classist.... we're not Chelsea, let's do better.

Average income in Leicester is much lower than the average income in Liverpool 

Places like Coalville, Ashby and Hinckley are hardly a picture of affluence either

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Is there any chance we can stop singing Feed the Scousers for ****s sake!!! I know plenty do it but it's no excuse!

Their city is 100% better than ours without question, so they've clearly done well out of their so called 'poverty'.

Also if we're going to make jokes about poverty, Leicester as a city has a significant problem especially with child poverty, so it might not be the smartest idea!!

It's cheap, it's needless and it appears classist.... we're not Chelsea, let's do better.

I don’t know what you’re smoking. Burnt out houses 50 yards from anfield. Liverpool is a complete dive 

9 minutes ago, Langley said:

I don’t know what you’re smoking. Burnt out houses 50 yards from anfield. Liverpool is a complete dive 

Honestly if you go into the centre of Liverpool you'll realise how much better it is than Leicester. Like the other poster said, every city has its bad areas, but Liverpool is a better city than Leicester and not sure how anyone can really debate that.

21 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Average income in Leicester is much lower than the average income in Liverpool 

Places like Coalville, Ashby and Hinckley are hardly a picture of affluence either

Ashby, seriously? 

About as middle class market town around here. 

Coalville itself is a shit hole but the houses and areas around it are expensive. 

Anyway, what the **** are we even talking about, absurd. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Just as long as that means there won't be more renditions of 'Your City is Blue' 'Just like Leicester your City is Blue' shudder / cringe 

16 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Honestly if you go into the centre of Liverpool you'll realise how much better it is than Leicester. Like the other poster said, every city has its bad areas, but Liverpool is a better city than Leicester and not sure how anyone can really debate that.

Huge levels of investment going into Liverpool, place will be transformed in 5-10 years max

16 minutes ago, Nobbyburton said:

The only way to describe our fan base at the moment is cringeworthy, tacky and just ****ing weird. Unfortunately this isn’t changing any time soon unless something drastic happens. 

Forget all the sh*t about clappers and goal music, it goes much deeper than that. Our whole attitude stinks at the moment and our songbook is the worst it’s ever been, we don’t have anything that could be considered an anthem or something that gets everyone going in unison. We have 2/3 ok player songs and Vichai had a dream, but for the most part our match day atmosphere is just moaning and sh*te banter. “Your city is blue” is such a weird chant, you can actually sense the confusion from the opposition fans when it comes out. Hearing stories of our fans getting the Sun logo on their phones last night doesn’t surprise me one bit.  

In addition to that, for some reason we’ve started to abuse other fans for trying to start an atmosphere, we’ve been one of the worst around for booing the knee and we even had some pro Boris Johnson chants at one stage. 

I think the most disappointing thing is everything that’s happened to us in the last 5 years is the stuff of dreams. Any other fan base would have used that to create an incredible atmosphere and songbook for years to come. We’ve somehow gone back to sitting in silence and moaning about everything, I just can’t understand how that happened. 

The only thing that gives me hope is that it hasn’t always been this way.

A late contender for post of the year👍

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Nobbyburton said:

The only way to describe our fan base at the moment is cringeworthy, tacky and just ****ing weird. Unfortunately this isn’t changing any time soon unless something drastic happens. 

Forget all the sh*t about clappers and goal music, it goes much deeper than that. Our whole attitude stinks at the moment and our songbook is the worst it’s ever been, we don’t have anything that could be considered an anthem or something that gets everyone going in unison. We have 2/3 ok player songs and Vichai had a dream, but for the most part our match day atmosphere is just moaning and sh*te banter. “Your city is blue” is such a weird chant, you can actually sense the confusion from the opposition fans when it comes out. Hearing stories of our fans getting the Sun logo on their phones last night doesn’t surprise me one bit.  

In addition to that, for some reason we’ve started to abuse other fans for trying to start an atmosphere, we’ve been one of the worst around for booing the knee and we even had some pro Boris Johnson chants at one stage. 

I think the most disappointing thing is everything that’s happened to us in the last 5 years is the stuff of dreams. Any other fan base would have used that to create an incredible atmosphere and songbook for years to come. We’ve somehow gone back to sitting in silence and moaning about everything, I just can’t understand how that happened. 

Second this. Hopefully Union FS can really get going as I’d expect they’d filter out some of the tw**s

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Ashby, seriously? 

Coalville itself is a shit hole but the houses and areas around it are expensive. 

By comparison the city of Leicester is similar as it is to Leicester 'shire'

When asked and by people and you see the shock and sympathy on their faces I hasten to add I live in 'shire'.

The city did have more RR cars per capita in Europe at one point and was fantastic

The city other than pockets is run down and scummy, visiting other towns and cities you'll see, even Loughborough is significantly different.

'Dirty' Leeds center is like Monte Carlo compared to fair city

34 minutes ago, Nobbyburton said:

Could not agree more.

33 minutes ago, Nobbyburton said:

'You'll get your fuucking head kicked in' etc whilst being retro is laughable when sang by posh 18 year olds 8 stone wet. 

Yep, you don't want to get caught up in that moaning 

14 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

'You'll get your fuucking head kicked in' etc whilst being retro is laughable when sang by posh 18 year olds 8 stone wet. 

Yep, you don't want to get caught up in that moaning 

Moaning is more contagious than Omicron at the KP sorry. 

Edited by Nobbyburton

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Ashby, seriously? 

Glad I wasn’t the only person to pick up on this ridiculous comment😂

It made the rest of his post null and void 

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

Sod that, I’m taking some stale bread to lob from L1 Tuesday 

• Haha 3