Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

Is there any chance we can stop singing Feed the Scousers for ****s sake!!! I know plenty do it but it's no excuse!

Their city is 100% better than ours without question, so they've clearly done well out of their so called 'poverty'.

Also if we're going to make jokes about poverty, Leicester as a city has a significant problem especially with child poverty, so it might not be the smartest idea!!

It's cheap, it's needless and it appears classist.... we're not Chelsea, let's do better.

I grew up watching city in sk1 (the real one) and I can remember singing some deeply offensive chants so I'm no prude. But Football has moved on. 

if singing "we can see you holding hands" to Brighton fans or "Chelsea rent boy" are now considered a criminal offence. It can't be too long till the feed the scousers etc go the same way. Just as ugly and offensive in my humble opinion. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AjcW said:

Is there any chance we can stop singing Feed the Scousers for ****s sake!!! I know plenty do it but it's no excuse!

Their city is 100% better than ours without question, so they've clearly done well out of their so called 'poverty'.

Also if we're going to make jokes about poverty, Leicester as a city has a significant problem especially with child poverty, so it might not be the smartest idea!!

It's cheap, it's needless and it appears classist.... we're not Chelsea, let's do better.

Yeah, seriously embarrassing we sing shit like this. Very tinpot and not at all funny. Everything you say is true.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

I grew up watching city in sk1 (the real one) and I can remember singing some deeply offensive chants so I'm no prude. But Football has moved on. 

if singing "we can see you holding hands" to Brighton fans or "Chelsea rent boy" are now considered a criminal offence. It can't be too long till the feed the scousers etc go the same way. Just as ugly and offensive in my humble opinion. 

It's not even the content that bothers me, it's just the lack of originality we have. Singing stuff like that and fvcking "Ste Gerarrd, Gerrard" with more passion than we sing any songs about our own team FFS. The Scousers have heard all that a billion times before lads. Also amusing that the lads who revel in that will have been the same ones who actually sang "You'll Never Walk Alone" and "Liverpool, Liverpool" at Everton away a few seasons ago. Again, those were our loudest chants on that day. What an embarrassment.

The weirdest one for me though is our insistence at singing "Champions of England, you'll never sing that" at fans of clubs who have won the league, yet we never seem to sing it at fans of clubs who haven't. We're the strangest bunch going.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nobbyburton said:

The only way to describe our fan base at the moment is cringeworthy, tacky and just ****ing weird. Unfortunately this isn’t changing any time soon unless something drastic happens. 

Forget all the sh*t about clappers and goal music, it goes much deeper than that. Our whole attitude stinks at the moment and our songbook is the worst it’s ever been, we don’t have anything that could be considered an anthem or something that gets everyone going in unison. We have 2/3 ok player songs and Vichai had a dream, but for the most part our match day atmosphere is just moaning and sh*te banter. “Your city is blue” is such a weird chant, you can actually sense the confusion from the opposition fans when it comes out. Hearing stories of our fans getting the Sun logo on their phones last night doesn’t surprise me one bit.  

In addition to that, for some reason we’ve started to abuse other fans for trying to start an atmosphere, we’ve been one of the worst around for booing the knee and we even had some pro Boris Johnson chants at one stage. 

I think the most disappointing thing is everything that’s happened to us in the last 5 years is the stuff of dreams. Any other fan base would have used that to create an incredible atmosphere and songbook for years to come. We’ve somehow gone back to sitting in silence and moaning about everything, I just can’t understand how that happened. 

The only thing that gives me hope is that it hasn’t always been this way.

People were singing “your city is blue” at Wolves the other year

A city with one club… 😂

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, AjcW said:

It's just copying what other fans have done. Nothing original and probably nothing really sinister in it, just shit "banter".

I wouldn't read too much into it.

• Like 1

Go on any Liverpool forum or Twitter and they’re making out it was like European cup game last night in terms of atmosphere. They really really hate us don’t they ! Can’t wait to play them Tuesday night now. Hopefully get them more wound up then last night. Great away end last night. So much better when you ain’t got the UFS singing their no word ultra songs for 20 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Come on, this should give us some impetus. We need to give him a special welcome. 

Dish it out you have to take it. No different to what Vardy has done up and down the country. I don’t think he would let what’s going on in the stands phase him, unlike our set of flannels. 

GBH on Thomas notwithstanding, I quite like Jota. Good footballer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

It's not even the content that bothers me, it's just the lack of originality we have. Singing stuff like that and fvcking "Ste Gerarrd, Gerrard" with more passion than we sing any songs about our own team FFS. The Scousers have heard all that a billion times before lads. Also amusing that the lads who revel in that will have been the same ones who actually sang "You'll Never Walk Alone" and "Liverpool, Liverpool" at Everton away a few seasons ago. Again, those were our loudest chants on that day. What an embarrassment.

The weirdest one for me though is our insistence at singing "Champions of England, you'll never sing that" at fans of clubs who have won the league, yet we never seem to sing it at fans of clubs who haven't. We're the strangest bunch going.

Mate I was behind two lads at Villa who tried to sing "Jamie Vardy he's won more than you" lol I couldn't believe it.

• Haha 2

It doesn’t offend me and I think people are way overthinking it comparing poverty and crime rates. It’s a chant sung by everyone to wind up Liverpool or Everton fans which it clearly does. 

The problem for me is how ****ing boring it is, once or twice is enough not every other chant. Our ends in the championship were a lot better than they are now. The last decent end we’ve had was Wembley for the cup final. But they’ve been few and far between for the last few years. It’s pathetic 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

It doesn’t offend me and I think people are way overthinking it comparing poverty and crime rates. It’s a chant sung by everyone to wind up Liverpool or Everton fans which it clearly does. 

The problem for me is how ****ing boring it is, once or twice is enough not every other chant. Our ends in the championship were a lot better than they are now. The last decent end we’ve had was Wembley for the cup final. But they’ve been few and far between for the last few years. It’s pathetic 

That’s the problem isn’t it 

Seems like too many of our fans are worried about offending Scousers 

But they’re offended by everything 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Yeah it’s laughable, especially considering their past. There isn’t a club I hate more in the country than Liverpool and it’s mostly to do with their oblivious fan base who kick up a fuss over nothing but will totally ignore their own problems. Seriously tunnel visioned

Agreed 

Hating the Tories when their own Labour Mayor has been done for fraud is the latest in their long line of hypocrisies 

‘Scouse not English’ too

Yet readily take the furlough the ‘English’ and ‘Tory scum’ offered them 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, hejammy said:

Honestly if you go into the centre of Liverpool you'll realise how much better it is than Leicester. Like the other poster said, every city has its bad areas, but Liverpool is a better city than Leicester and not sure how anyone can really debate that.

Bit of water, some buildings. Brilliant. Yawn. 

still a shithole. 

7 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Also amusing that the lads who revel in that will have been the same ones who actually sang "You'll Never Walk Alone" and "Liverpool, Liverpool" at Everton away a few seasons ago.

Not really related to your point but it jogged my memory that right up until leaving Filbert St we regularly sang YNWA, it was a pretty unique, stuttering, fast version with clapping and hand waving, it's another song that's been lost along the way.

Edited by Vestan Pance
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

Not really related to your point but it jogged my memory that right up until leaving Filbert St we regularly sang YNWA, it was a pretty unique, stuttering, fast version with clapping and hand waving, it's another song that's been lost along the way.

I don't remember it at the time but you can hear the Kop singing it as Kiko turns in the final goal for Atletico Madrid in 97. It's quite powerful.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Come on, this should give us some impetus. We need to give him a special welcome. 

Dunno - we had the same stuff in our league game at Anfield a couple of years back and then on 26th, our home support was poor. Probably not help by that laughable light show they have never repeated. 

Maguire's return with Man U this season was one of the few genuine times we got on top of someone. Yet there's been plenty of players who have acted more shite than he did. Such as this little rat. 

9 hours ago, Vestan Pance said:

It was a generic football song that all clubs from the 60's onwards sang YNWA with scarfs over heads. It wasn't unique to Liverpool but its possible they were the first due to the Marsden connection. 

It morphed into the clappy hand version mid-seventies and often with changed words "with soap up your arse" and "you'll never walk, again" obviously during the hooligan years. 

The same songs were sung at all grounds just with the words changed to suit the club. Pretty much the same as now. I don't know why modern fans get so sniffy about the need to be unique. 

• Like 2