Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

1 hour ago, supernuk said:

Why is the atmosphere so flat at the KP? When I was going every weekend, when we were in League 1 it was pretty rocking. 

Because the performances apart from the odd one or two have been pants. It’s up to the players on the pitch to lift us as well as us lifting them. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Corky said:

First train into Leicester from the east (Cambridge, Ely, Peterborough through Melton Mowbray) arrived in at 1.50pm today. @StanSP mentioned that the M1 had severe traffic issues too.

Sunday is generally quite a tough day for travelling and the above probably accounted for a decent amount of the absentees.

Yeah I got caught on the M1. Standstill for an hour whilst they sorted out the mess. Looked quite messy. 

19 minutes ago, Corky said:

First train into Leicester from the east (Cambridge, Ely, Peterborough through Melton Mowbray) arrived in at 1.50pm today. @StanSP mentioned that the M1 had severe traffic issues too.

Sunday is generally quite a tough day for travelling and the above probably accounted for a decent amount of the absentees.

Luckily got there with a few minutes to spare. It was horrendous. 

Them showsec who watch over SK1 are some of the worst people iv ever come across in my life. Actively looking to create any sort of trouble they can with fans who just want to watch the game and sing a song. Kicked my brother out of the ground for having one foot on the stairwell at HALF TIME. Pushing people back to their seats  if they step a foot onto the stairs during goals. Not letting people even talk to each other on each side of the stairwell without being pushed back to your seat. 

So close to binning off home games, what do they get out of ruining their own home fans experience? All because we’re standing and trying to create an atmosphere? genuinely mental.

Edited by Munshi
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

I was going to start a thread about the match day "experience" but this will do. 

Deafening pre-match music right up until the moment the game kicks off, tacky goal music and then the same song blaring out within seconds of the game finished. Who on earth thinks these are a good idea? The fact that they're played is bad enough but it's so so loud, just kills off any spontaneity and you can barely talk to the person next to you.  

And bin off the clappers too, 30,000 pieces of card per home game is a colossal waste. 

What I hadn’t noticed until today was the weird rhythmic clapping that the goal music prompts. Instead of the distorted prolonged sound of discordant clapping you normally get with a goal you get this strange 70s weekend at Butlins vibe as people robotically clap along.

3 minutes ago, ttfn said:

What I hadn’t noticed until today was the weird rhythmic clapping that the goal music prompts. Instead of the distorted prolonged sound of discordant clapping you normally get with a goal you get this strange 70s weekend at Butlins vibe as people robotically clap along.

I'm a musician so it's natural for me to clap in time without even trying. To counter that I deliberately clapped at a different tempo today. 

Edited by Arkie Bennett
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Goal music kicks in at a deafening level 5 seconds after the ball hits the back of the net. 5 seconds.

Pretty sure whoever is in charge is a derby or tigers fan and is just trolling us. No way can someone serious about their role think that song is a good idea. As I was leaving the ground it was still blaring out. My dad is hard of hearing but had his ears syringed and nearly passed out at the sheer volume of that shite.