Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

Just now, Hamilton Fox said:

Crowd was fantastic, the Brendan Rodgers blue white army for last 10minutes took me back to the 90s. Think we were helped by Liverpool fans being surprisingly quiet and instead our fans being blown away by a loud away end as usual we really stepped it up 

Exactly keep the chants simple so everyone can join in, I'm pretty sure I didn't hear You'll never walk alone once from the Liverpool fans thought they were really poor

• Like 1

After the penalty save we were very decent. Kop best it’s been for a while. From halfway down the kop you can see people half get up and give it and then get nervous and sit back down. Go for it. This is what fans can do and this is why some of us complain about the lack of atmosphere all the time

• Like 1

The difference tonight was the team and fans were bouncing off each other. We didn't concede in the first few minutes and we actually started quickly which means the crowd are up for it. 

It is ridiculously difficult to get behind a team when they are terrified to leave the final 3rd for 85 minutes of the game. They play positive, the crowd will back them even if they're losing.

Edited by Larry_LCFC
  • Like 2

Sounded good on the tele, 2nd half. 

My lad went with a couple of non Leicester mates but he phoned to say it was so much better than many home games this season. 

Not surprising though

Weakened team v one of the best in the world, its the Leicester way. 

Let's do it v Norwich 👍

3 hours ago, adam95581 said:

Commenting on how it’s quiet in the ground. Speculating (probably correctly) that it’s down to apprehension given recent form + patched up back line. I don’t think they’re ‘ripping into us’ to be fair. 

I put it down to this at the Newcastle game however it wasn't the case tonight, even from well before kick off we were up for it tonight, we were on one.

Whether it was the beers? The fun of winding up Scousers and general opinion of them?

Of course mixed with the grit, fight and determination of the players, playing in a style everyone could get behind.

The perfect storm, but the way we played, they certainly got a positive response and that is no coincidence, that is what we want to see.

• Like 1

Funny how our atmosphere improves exponentially when the lads slap an extra pair of balls on the pitch, isn't it?

Overall, wasn't even a bad atmosphere from kickoff. Most of those muppet pundits complaining about it should probably point the finger at Liverpool's (usually good) away following being ridiculously quiet, but that would involve admitting that most of those 'fans' weren't actually willing to travel from Merseyside a few days after Christmas and were in fact picked largely from armchair fans in Leicester and London with connections to nab them a ticket.

Anyway, that's my tuppence on why Amazon and Co think the ground was flat. It wasn't. It went from Gallows humour before the penalty (how sh*t must you be? 10 minutes, clean sheet? a personal favourite) to proper, old school siege spirit after the penalty. Lookman's goal brought the fookin' roof off, best single goal celebration I can remember at home in a few years.

And that 20 minute round of 'Brendan Rodgers' Blue and White Army' was brilliant. Said to my Dad on about 86 minutes while we had a momentary lull - 'well, we've earned the lads at least a point at this point'. And for the first time in months I was confident of the fact.

More of this, please. ❤️

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 4

Was really good tonight, enjoyed it a lot. Loudest it’s been at the KP for a few years I thought. 

Let’s hope we can keep up the same thing against Norwich, forget the fact that we’re expected to win the game lets go out there and support our team like we did tonight. 

:scarf:

• Like 4

9 hours ago, ian__marshall said:

Best atmosphere for years. That was a return to 15/16, place was absolutely rocking. 

The fans reacted to the peno, on MOTD Mowbray said it sounded like a goal.

Then 2nd half when the team really rolled their sleeves up & put a shift in we recognised that & the fans put a shift in too!!

Lets use this to get that special atmosphere back from this game on.

That is much of what we fans want at the KP, congrats to all 29k who sang BR’s Blue & White Army for the last 10.

New Year resolution - KP Bearpit returns!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

A lot of support for BR. Loudest his chant has ever been sang I felt.

Imagine a few on here would've been disappointed listening to it. 

But crowd was really at it, kop was in fine voice for a change

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 2