Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

20 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

They all get sung every single week and the vast majority just will not join in.

Well they would if they were sung long enough to join in, by the time a decent chants gets going, it’s on to the next one that’s probably shit, like that god awful Maddison funeral dirge.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Because it's offensive bollocks. Makes us look like twats. 

God forbid as football fans we should offend the away fans!!! This isnt Rugby you know🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They were about as impressive as Man City were - both not great considering how good the respective teams are - I didn't think Chelsea were as good as previous years either.

I'm expecting from West Ham, Spurs, Villa and Leeds. All those four are usually good.

I think football supporter culture in this country is really suffering at the professional level. Supports either stagnating or going backwards.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Not if you have any sense of nuance it isn't. I won't be agreeing with this - people can try to justify singing appalling things all they want.

I’m not justifying anything, I’m saying that they’re both the same in respect of their intention, to put someone down based on what they’ve experienced or what life has thrown at them, it’s no difference to bullying or racism.

13 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Well they would if they were sung long enough to join in, by the time a decent chants gets going, it’s on to the next one that’s probably shit, like that god awful Maddison funeral dirge.

At the risk of sending this thread in a complete cycle, the clappers are almost fully to blame for chants getting drowned out before they can ‘travel’ over a few blocks.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I think football supporter culture in this country is really suffering at the professional level. Supports either stagnating or going backwards.

To be fair the club put a video up of us scoring away at Maine Road about 20 years ago when casual culture was still pretty strong and our away end was sat down to a man. lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hollism said:

At the risk of sending this thread in a complete cycle, the clappers are almost fully to blame for chants getting drowned out before they can ‘travel’ over a few blocks.

A friend from Norway who was in the Kop yesterday said exactly this. Take off the blue tinted specs and it's so bloody obvious. 

4 minutes ago, Hollism said:

Nah, I’m in sk1 and the chants are over before they get lower down the stand and by the time you realise what’s being sung, it’s gone. Can’t join in with them. It’s as though the lads starting the chants think as soon as anyone try’s to join in, switch it to something they’ve made up

Edited by yorkie1999

Just now, Sol thewall Bamba said:

A friend from Norway who was in the Kop yesterday said exactly this. Take off the blue tinted specs and it's so bloody obvious. 

It was most obvious to me when I was sat under the TV studio for the Watford game, I think it’s the SK4/C2 border?

SK1 will get something going and before you can figure out what it is and join in, half the West stand are at it with the clappers and there are 5,000 people in the middle with no chance of doing anything.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Raj said:

God forbid as football fans we should offend the away fans!!! This isnt Rugby you know🤣🤣🤣

Opposition fans used to chant Aberfan at Cardiff City fans in the 1970s and it has been heard since. You know the disaster where 144 people died, including 116 children in 1966. I suppose you think that is OK too as it's football? Clown. 

• Like 1

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Opposition fans used to chant Aberfan at Cardiff City fans in the 1970s and it has been heard since. You know the disaster where 144 people died, including 116 children in 1966. I suppose you think that is OK too as it's football? Clown. 

I’m as broad minded as they come, but that is pretty low 

6 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Free beers generate more atmosphere than clappers. 

Might do if you can get one. I arrived at 19:35 last night and was told I could've have one as I had to be there at 19:30. 

I bought a bottle of water from the kiosk inside the concourse and was charged 2 pound 40!!! Outrageous. 

18 minutes ago, dnewty said:

We as fans along with the team need to show some consistency on Saturday, let’s have the same atmosphere as last night or if not even better one. 

100% this! Let's make the KP a hard place to come with an incredible atmosphere. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

To be fair the club put a video up of us scoring away at Maine Road about 20 years ago when casual culture was still pretty strong and our away end was sat down to a man. lol

I think that it is the only time outside of Millwall I’ve been kept in a ground for a period after full time. Absolutely epic away day as it was at the midst of a petrol/fuel shortage. Maine Road was as bad as Anfield when it comes to getting back to the centre. Was a night of just having to guess a journey back - so get a train to Sheffield, then to Nottingham and finally Leicester. Off memory the coppers stopped people trying to get there on the trains. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

3 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

I am assuming you can count your brain cells on one hand. 

Your a light hearted soul arent you???

Liverpool fans sang about Munich to Man U fans and I'm probably  sure the Man U fans sang about Hysel/ Hillsborough. 

Has anyone confined that on this forum?

We all have boundaries.

Yesterday was just silly chants, nothing about any disasters or tragedies.

Wind your neck in abit.

• Like 4