Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

43 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Well I thought the singing section was bloody brilliant today. If the club are serious about improving atmosphere then surely they need to take note and make this a more regular occurence. 

Refreshing to see age and sex didn’t matter. Those fears are irrelevant if it’s organised well. Want it more boisterous be at the front. Want a middle ground at the back. 

Maybe wrong thread but 25,710 according to BBC, decent effort that for what was about as underwhelming a draw we could’ve got and would’ve no doubt been more if so many people didn’t have Covid. 

Sounded very good too. 

Edited by Yes

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Big up the little girl in SK4 today with her tin foil FA Cup who was screaming support during the entire game. She was fantastically relentless for the 99 minutes.

Fans aren't always what you expect.

In our title year (2015-16), I was on the back row at Watford away - next to a young lady and her fella.   Well I say "young", I mean mid/late 30's at a guess. (and she was rather attractive, which is of no relevance here really, other than to add some background detail).

Anyway, I'd subconsciously clocked her as maybe just a "watcher", but fair play to her - she was absolutely brilliant.   Cheered the team on all 90 minutes - sang all the great songs that night.  Faultless.   I told myself off, and promised never to pre-judge again.

Funnily enough that night, on the other side of me was a young lad, with what must've been his great-great-grandmother.   And they were both superb as well, and went for it 100%.

Brilliant night, that was.  pouring out of the ground singing "We are top of the Premier League; we shall not be moved".

• Like 3

Bit disappointed when they reeled out songs about some of our ex-players like Andy King, Waslileski, Lord Dyer etc, that they didnt' sing "Come on without, come on within you not seen nothing like the mighty string" or "Gibbo Gibbo Gibbo" or the Rodney Fern song. 🤔

• Haha 2

It was interesting being in SK1 today (usually L1) and being able to see up close sections next door in ‘the Kop’ and the East Stand. Whilst we were chanting, there were so many people just smacking a clapper in time or just not doing anything at all.

I’m all for people being able to watch the football however they please but the main takeaway for me was that if we really want a great atmosphere then it needs to be away from that end of the ground. It feels like the objective of being in that part of the ground is to somehow awaken ‘the Kop’ but it’s just so far gone in terms of how the people that are in there want to watch the football.

For a section to be a success long-term, I firmly believe it needs to be in the North Stand in a block dedicated to a singing section with safe-standing. Cater for the needs of those who want to stand, sing and be next to or near the away fans and you’ll bring everyone together who is like-minded in how they want to watch the game (until then singers will be divided between L1 and SK1). I’d even go as far to say the next generation of enthusiastic kids at the other end of the ground are more likely to get involved than those in ‘the Kop’ and that end of the East Stand.

Loved being in there today. Great range of songs and people didn't look at you like a weirdo when you actually sang the same song 2 or 3 times.

Agree a good mix of ages and both sexes. The floodlight failure added to it!

It felt close to a decent away atmosphere.

"He scores them with his left foot, he scores them with his right......"

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It was interesting being in SK1 today (usually L1) and being able to see up close sections next door in ‘the Kop’ and the East Stand. Whilst we were chanting, there were so many people just smacking a clapper in time or just not doing anything at all.

I’m all for people being able to watch the football however they please but the main takeaway for me was that if we really want a great atmosphere then it needs to be away from that end of the ground. It feels like the objective of being in that part of the ground is to somehow awaken ‘the Kop’ but it’s just so far gone in terms of how the people that are in there want to watch the football.

For a section to be a success long-term, I firmly believe it needs to be in the North Stand in a block dedicated to a singing section with safe-standing. Cater for the needs of those who want to stand, sing and be next to or near the away fans and you’ll bring everyone together who is like-minded in how they want to watch the game (until then singers will be divided between L1 and SK1). I’d even go as far to say the next generation of enthusiastic kids at the other end of the ground are more likely to get involved than those in ‘the Kop’ and that end of the East Stand.

Sad but agree. Majority of people have programmed themselves to not join in and the club have given them that easy way out by giving them clappers

Just now, SemperEadem said:

So pleased it was a success. The amount of leg work to get these over the line is insane. 
Easily the most enjoyable home game in yonks.

What’s the next step with this?

The club have advertised it as the next step of a trial so wondering if there is like a roadmap planned out or anything?

When there’s a lull in the game, making your own fun is the best way to enjoy it (we obviously don’t score 4 every week). Singing about former players is to keep the atmosphere going is infinitely better than silence.

We could have something similar every game if the club bite the bullet and install safe standing to create a proper section.

• Like 1

It’s a no brainer for the club really. Imagine that behind the goal though. I know it’s probably the easiest place for the club to put a section but current location seems like it’s a bit out the way in the corner away from cameras etc. Would look amazing right behind the goal

• Like 2