Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

Guest David Oldfields Gate
1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It was interesting being in SK1 today (usually L1) and being able to see up close sections next door in ‘the Kop’ and the East Stand. Whilst we were chanting, there were so many people just smacking a clapper in time or just not doing anything at all.

I’m all for people being able to watch the football however they please but the main takeaway for me was that if we really want a great atmosphere then it needs to be away from that end of the ground. It feels like the objective of being in that part of the ground is to somehow awaken ‘the Kop’ but it’s just so far gone in terms of how the people that are in there want to watch the football.

For a section to be a success long-term, I firmly believe it needs to be in the North Stand in a block dedicated to a singing section with safe-standing. Cater for the needs of those who want to stand, sing and be next to or near the away fans and you’ll bring everyone together who is like-minded in how they want to watch the game (until then singers will be divided between L1 and SK1). I’d even go as far to say the next generation of enthusiastic kids at the other end of the ground are more likely to get involved than those in ‘the Kop’ and that end of the East Stand.

100% Agree.

4 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Big up the little girl in SK4 today with her tin foil FA Cup who was screaming support during the entire game. She was fantastically relentless for the 99 minutes.

Walked past her on the way out and even in the 95th minute she was shouting "come on you can make it 5-1" at the top of her voice. The future.

If she wasn’t holding up a big cardboard sign with ‘can I have your shirt Maddison’ surrounded by grown men screaming we ‘we love you madderz’ then she can get in the bin for me. Plastic

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, adam said:

Singing about Tottenham being bottlers in the 94th minute was pretty special today. 

If there's a good thing to come out of this result then hopefully it will be the end of this non-rivalry and endless comments/ chants about bottlers. Should've moved on years ago.

• Like 4