Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

I think it was a case of expecting to be let down today and fed up from what we've seen recently.

It turned out we were pleasantly surprised, as the game went on, we gained confidence and got louder - not very loud but louder, rightly or wrongly.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Horrific today and the goal music was a joke. The fact that opposition fans are dancing along when we score just says it all ffs. 

I think that was just trying to save face.

Atmos wasn’t great until the 2nd half where it got noticeably better.

Goal music has never bothered me until today, definitely time to sack it off. And the highlight videos before the match need to be reduced a little as the speakers are distorting due to being pushed too hard. Makes it sound dreadful. 

Just now, phoneticerror said:

I think that was just trying to save face.

Atmos wasn’t great until the 2nd half where it got noticeably better.

Goal music has never bothered me until today, definitely time to sack it off. And the highlight videos before the match need to be reduced a little as the speakers are distorting due to being pushed too hard. Makes it sound dreadful. 

I think now it’s getting to the point where people who previously weren’t fussed about goal music are realising how bad it is. 

4 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Be interesting if it improves when the extension takes place, infusion of new blood may make a difference. 

Good point, really hope it does. We can't even seem to manage a Leicester, Leicester.. Leicesstterr in unison anymore. 

I normally try and stick up for us but today was truly horrendous I have to say.

L1 is just a joke now, lads are probably more bothered being on their phones on Instagram or whatever.

We got 4-0 up and THE AWAY  fans are singing more!!!!

Its truly horrific, and having missed the last 3 games prior to covid cant say I was that bothered being back. 

Ia this modern day football or is it just  us?

Edited by Raj
  • Like 2

So first game I've been to since the first covid lockdown. For various reasons I don't get to go to the KP. 

Things I noticed:

1) Our support is much quieter than it was the last time I went. I go to more away games and lots of songs are belted out. Today I was surprised it took Youri to score 2 goals before we sang the song. 

2) Newcastle fans were excellent. 

3) The goal music actually helps and gets people up and singing a bit. I was against it now I'm for it. 

4) The stadium needs a new sound system. I couldn't hear a single thing before kick off. Nuts. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jonaldinho said:

I was going to start a thread about the match day "experience" but this will do. 

Deafening pre-match music right up until the moment the game kicks off, tacky goal music and then the same song blaring out within seconds of the game finished. Who on earth thinks these are a good idea? The fact that they're played is bad enough but it's so so loud, just kills off any spontaneity and you can barely talk to the person next to you.  

And bin off the clappers too, 30,000 pieces of card per home game is a colossal waste. 

+1.

This should be a great time to be a fan and attending matches a joy but so much contributes to a dreadful atmosphere and a clamping down on anything resembling creativity.

Club have got the crowd and set-up they want and it seems they are going further to ram it home.

3 minutes ago, Eskay said:

So first game I've been to since the first covid lockdown. For various reasons I don't get to go to the KP. 

Things I noticed:

1) Our support is much quieter than it was the last time I went. I go to more away games and lots of songs are belted out. Today I was surprised it took Youri to score 2 goals before we sang the song. 

2) Newcastle fans were excellent. 

3) The goal music actually helps and gets people up and singing a bit. I was against it now I'm for it. 

4) The stadium needs a new sound system. I couldn't hear a single thing before kick off. Nuts. 

Today was the quietest we’ve been all season. No doubt because most of us are sick of the team performing worse than their capability.

Also (correct me if I’m wrong) weren’t the Newcastle fans singing that their own team were sh*t at one point? That’s what it sounded like from SK4.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Be interesting if it improves when the extension takes place, infusion of new blood may make a difference. 

They should make the south stand general admission rather than the new upper tier and make an effort to turn it into a Kop

3 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

General admission!? F that.

The F else we gonna do then? Just an idea - a problem is that all the seats are taken by people not interested in creating much of an atmosphere, and those that do can't move into these areas to make an improvement. Making it setup like an away end with priority point/membership system might be a way of improving it. I can't ever see this happening though 

Edited by lebleu

6 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

Today was the quietest we’ve been all season. No doubt because most of us are sick of the team performing worse than their capability.

Also (correct me if I’m wrong) weren’t the Newcastle fans singing that their own team were sh*t at one point? That’s what it sounded like from SK4.

Yeah they were. They were great value tbh. 

They were dancing to the goal music more than we were. When I left the ground they were calling our support shit and saying we're richer than you. I can't argue on both counts ! 

• Haha 1

Just now, Jimmy said:

email the club and complain. Do they still have the fans consultancy thing?

Afraid they don’t.

They put out a ‘your 90 minutes’ I think they called it on the topic of the ‘matchday experience’. Fans applied to be on it but the club pulled it before it ever got off the ground.

Only way is to protest against it. Stand up to the club en masse.

Don’t mix up Vichai and Top and what they have done and are doing with our on field stuff with the absolutely atrocious level of operations elsewhere at the club. Only way is by standing up to them and showing that we aren’t happy with it and won’t stand for it.