Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

1 hour ago, Lako42 said:

Congratulations lads in sk1 for singing some really classless shite about clough being fat and dead. 

Spare the outrage when forest do the same about our late chairman. 

Bellends

And for scrapping amongst themselves after booing the players on the lap at the end 

I wish some people would stop commenting on the atmosphere after every game.   What's the point?

It's always up and down ... good against Liverpool, then a few weeks later not so good against Brighton.

It was ever thus.   go back 30, 40, 50 years ... it was great against some teams, and  s h i t  against others.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

Really not enjoying it atm. The whole match day experience that the club is pedalling is so off-putting. The pre-match music gets louder every week. 

Goal music and pre game "hype" music was obnoxiously loud. Used to think people were just moaning, but no it's actually awful. 

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Goal music and pre game "hype" music was obnoxiously loud. Used to think people were just moaning, but no it's actually awful. 

Weird thing is, I actually thought it wasn't as loud today. Perhaps my hearing has been impaired following previous matches. 

Didnt notice any AC/DC or Bon Jovi (or whatever it is) shite pre-match unless I've tuned out from it. There was the techno stuff though. 

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It even got mentioned in The Guardian write up today.

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Weird thing is, I actually thought it wasn't as loud today. Perhaps my hearing has been impaired following previous matches. 

Didnt notice any AC/DC or Bon Jovi (or whatever it is) shite pre-match unless I've tuned out from it. There was the techno stuff though. 

What has happened to paul and his horn? Things have gone down hill since we lost the horn 

9 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Even going back to 2009 with shitty 10 seconds of hey Jude pre-game was better.

there’s nothing organic or visceral anymore. Completely manufactured. 

If we'd been formed six years ago you'd think we'd been made solely for the purposes of modern football.

• Like 1

People don’t like to admit it but King Power have ruined the match day experience. This is what you get when billionaires run the club. Idiots who have no idea about football running the day to day side of things. Especially match days, they want you to buy replica shirts, eat your popcorn and clap along with your clapper. They want the American style atmosphere with no swearing and plenty of families and goal music celebrations. Not just us btw. Most clubs in the premier league have sold their souls for foreigners to take over their clubs. Problem is unlike abroad we don’t have any fan culture to protest it. I genuinely could stop going football and not be bothered. I never thought I would say that. I’d happily go back to the Craig Levein days and never have won fcuk all. The price you pay for success. 

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

People don’t like to admit it but King Power have ruined the match day experience. This is what you get when billionaires run the club. Idiots who have no idea about football running the day to day side of things. Especially match days, they want you to buy replica shirts, eat your popcorn and clap along with your clapper. They want the American style atmosphere with no swearing and plenty of families and goal music celebrations. Not just us btw. Most clubs in the premier league have sold their souls for foreigners to take over their clubs. Problem is unlike abroad we don’t have any fan culture to protest it. I genuinely could stop going football and not be bothered. I never thought I would say that. I’d happily go back to the Craig Levein days and never have won fcuk all. The price you pay for success. 

Is it just because they are wanting to appeal to families? Because I have news for them... families would go to Leicester if we didn't have clappers, goal music, t-shirt cannons, pre-match music blasted out at 110dB regardless of where you in the ground, someone playing Ed Sheeran covers outside etc. 

• Like 4

Lots of the usual ideas here and also lots of people blaming the club.

We all have our opinions how to improve the atmosphere, for what they’re worth, here’s mine. I don’t expect you all to agree, it’s just my point of view as an old git that still shouts, chants and sings 👍 

The thing is, we the supporters can do something about it.

1. Stop using drums.  They are often played at the wrong speed, they are ‘banged’ during chants that don’t need a drum as the chants are so simple and they are tinpot.

2. Union FS and those in the Kop who actually want to sing, at the end of this season, move your season tickets to L1 and/or the P and P1 (blocks which are no longer part of the Family stand).  Let’s concentrate the singers together.

No matter how goods Union FS think they are, you rarely here them if you move a few blocks away from them, apart from the drum and a dull murmur of songs. Don’t get me wrong, I do appreciate that they are at least making an effort, but they just don’t have the numbers where they are.

3. If you’re in L1, P or P2 just don’t use the clappers, use your bloody hands!!  I’m not a fan of the clappers, however, if they get the families joining in, fair enough, leave the clappers in the family stand and main stand.

4. Ditch songs that just don’t work, the ones for Maddison and Daka are just not catching on.  Keep things simple, people join in.

5. Okay, one which is very specific here, but I think this is important as it gives an identity to the club as it is a song that is only associated with Leicester city.  All other songs/chants are copied/shared/pinched between clubs.

Learn how to sing ‘When You’re Smiling’ properly!  For gods sake it’s not a race!  Listen to the Frank Sinatra version!

Apologies if that comes across as a moan, didn’t mean to.  I think at times our atmosphere can be good, but clearly it could be better 👍COYB💙🦊

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Really not enjoying it atm. The whole match day experience that the club is pedalling is so off-putting. The pre-match music gets louder every week. 

That overlong rave tune they play just before the teams come out this season absolutely does not work. 

9 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Even going back to 2009 with shitty 10 seconds of hey Jude pre-game was better.

there’s nothing organic or visceral anymore. Completely manufactured. 

Totally agree. The Premier league as a whole is so sanitised, the product is eating itself.

I’ve been over to Peterborough a couple of times this season, thoroughly enjoyable. No goal music, pre match music not deafening, mud on the pitch, old school ground & match day experience in general.
Although having Sky/BT, am l part of the Premier League ‘issue’ ? 

One thing I’d like to see the club do more is embrace our tradition.

We’re one of the more historic clubs in the league, yet everything about our match day experience paints us as top-flight novices like Brighton or Bournemouth.

I’d like to see goal music binned because it really does just serve to signal a beginning and end to celebration. And, I’d like to see more traditional songs being played. 

Perhaps from the Filbert Street Blues album or a rendition of When You’re Smiling that isn’t that god awful Jersey Budd version.

• Like 1