Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

5 minutes ago, FuriousFox46 said:

One thing I’d like to see the club do more is embrace our tradition.

We’re one of the more historic clubs in the league, yet everything about our match day experience paints us as top-flight novices like Brighton or Bournemouth.

I’d like to see goal music binned because it really does just serve to signal a beginning and end to celebration. And, I’d like to see more traditional songs being played. 

Perhaps from the Filbert Street Blues album or a rendition of When You’re Smiling that isn’t that god awful Jersey Budd version.

Yeah this is spot on. The goal music is the same sh1t Wigan play after scoring. Literally rugby league standard.

On 23/01/2022 at 18:56, walkerleeds said:

If you're not happy, I urge you to let the club know.

The more pressure put on the club to make a change on this, the better.

1) Turn the music down pre/ post match

2) Scrap goal music

3) Most importantly, organise a designated singing section for likeminded fans to congregate.

It's really not hard.

What’s that best way to do that?

26 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

This is half the problem.

There is not really a way in to anyone who is a decision maker. You get the [email protected] email but that goes to Jim or Louise at the club. 

That’s a shame but what I expected.

I think part of the problem is the club believe the only people bothered about the state of the atmosphere are the likes of Union FS, I imagine they’re one of the few who do make an effort to get how they feel across, but the reality is the majority of match going fans I know are fed up with it, a lot of them like to join in when possible but unless you’re sat in one of the few pockets of the ground that are trying it’s just awful and you’ve got no hope.

Might be on my own with this one but another thing I found is it was surprisingly difficult to get kids hooked on going games, for all the effort they put in other ways when I started taking my youger siblings a couple of seasons ago and we were often sat in one of the quiet sections they just looked bored for a lot of it, wasn’t till we went to the Wigan game near the singing section they actually enjoyed themselves for pretty much the entire match and was asking to go again. 

Just a shame it’s not working for a lot of people and I don’t think the club know it because most fans don’t know how to let them know. 

Edited by Yes
  • Like 1

On 23/01/2022 at 18:50, GlennyFox55 said:

We’re absolutely nose diving each season in terms of atmosphere, club has to start listening and introduce sections for fans that want to get to get an atmosphere going.

Home games feel like an absolute chore at the moment. 

...is it the quality that we are watching on the pitch or the noise from the stands!!!

The theory that a large proportion of supporters just want to watch a live game and being part of a social gathering ought to be taken into account.

The comments regarding going off to watch local teams is not about atmosphere but watching a live game of football being uppermost. 

The "goal music " can be turned down, it does drown the supporters cheering and it is something that can easily be rectified. 

The more you focus on the match day short comings, the more noticeable they become to the individual.

We all want a good experience when we go to a game and I suspect what one considers a good atmosphere, another finds soulless. 

Reconfiguring the ground and designated areas would satisfy a part of our support but do not be surprised if it doesn't resolve our problems. 

57 minutes ago, ren said:

Yeah this is spot on. The goal music is the same sh1t Wigan play after scoring. Literally rugby league standard.

...is it the actual tune or your taste in music!!!

Someone some months ago posted samples from goal music tunes of about 15 clubs, and I would say, ours was by far the best out of the lot. It is hard to go up against Liverpool as it is so iconic. 

Tigers come out to "smoke on the water", maybe that is more your style of music. I would expect the popular response will be, to not play any at all...!!

8 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Someone some months ago posted samples from goal music tunes of about 15 clubs, and I would say, ours was by far the best out of the lot. It is hard to go up against Liverpool as it is so iconic. 

Tigers come out to "smoke on the water", maybe that is more your style of music. I would expect the popular response will be, to not play any at all...!!

Playing my favourite music after we score would ruin the music for me and the goal lol

But that tune is played with the idea of choreographing fans when to celebrate and jump up and down to it, proper makes me cringe.

Edited by ren
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ren said:

Playing my favourite music after we score would ruin the music for me and the goal lol

But that tune is played with the idea of choreographing fans when to celebrate and jump up and down to it, proper makes me cringe.

...isn't that just a perception !!!

The crowd are already celebrating, the sound of relief and exhilaration at that moment is there. The sound (goal music) is a notification that a goal has been scored, it is not a call to choreograph any kind of celebration. The fact that some people do dance or use the music to convey their happiness, means there is a need for this and we seem to just need a balance.

42 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Coming out to the post horn gallop is about the only thing we’ve got right so far…

• Like 2

The goal music was all right when it was good, (Kasabian) although I can understand why it was changed. 

Definitely need a singing section. I’m not a STH and being stuck at the front of SK1 is a different world to the back. Singing is not for everyone but in certain parts of the ground you get looked at like you are Fred West for trying to help create an atmosphere. SK1 needs to be turned into a singing area and those who would rather not participate, should be relocated to another part of the ground. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, K1FOX said:

Only way is organised protest. And yes it does matter that much 

Everton fans protesting over potential of Vitor Pereira taking over 

Spurs fans protesting over Levy's running of the club 

Leicester fans protesting over goal music/match day experience

6 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Jersey budds version of when you’re smiling is decent.

my son stumbled upon it on YouTube today. Got me going man

No, please no.

it is totally wrong.

Ask those of us over 60.  We remember it being sung at the correct pace (slowly), listen to Frank Sinatras version.

There also was time at the end to do the bizarre Hand waving bit, which has been lost now because the younger generation appear to think it’s a race to finish the song.

A real shame that we have lost this piece of club history.

• Like 3

It's all about the jazz hands. And yes, sing it slowly. It's not sung 'thruh' or 'yuh',  it's 'through' and 'you' . It doesn't sound right if the words are not pronounced correctly. Get it up on the big screen and play over the PA just before the PHG. It'll soon catch on. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Old git said:

No, please no.

it is totally wrong.

Ask those of us over 60.  We remember it being sung at the correct pace (slowly), listen to Frank Sinatras version.

There also was time at the end to do the bizarre Hand waving bit, which has been lost now because the younger generation appear to think it’s a race to finish the song.

A real shame that we have lost this piece of club history.

While I do agree with you about singing WYS much slower, I'm sick of "the younger generation" getting the blame for this. It's not like people in the age bracket you mention are exactly belting it out in their droves at the correct pace, is it?

If there's a disconnect with the club's traditions being passed down then it's not the fault of those actually trying to carry them on, even if they're not quite carrying them on exactly as you wish.

Maybe we should be looking at the generations above, the ones who didn't fight the introduction of all-seater stadia, who didn't bother to fight for a proper singing area when we moved to a new ground, who just let old songs die off rather than teach the next generation? Maybe they need to take a bit of the blame, eh?

Before anyone jumps on me, by the way, I do know some older guys who are top blokes, who do care and actually still actively support their team. But let's not kid ourselves. They're the exception and not the rule.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

While I do agree with you about singing WYS much slower, I'm sick of "the younger generation" getting the blame for this. It's not like people in the age bracket you mention are exactly belting it out in their droves at the correct pace, is it?

If there's a disconnect with the club's traditions being passed down then it's not the fault of those actually trying to carry them on, even if they're not quite carrying them on exactly as you wish.

Maybe we should be looking at the generations above, the ones who didn't fight the introduction of all-seater stadia, who didn't bother to fight for a proper singing area when we moved to a new ground, who just let old songs die off rather than teach the next generation? Maybe they need to take a bit of the blame, eh?

Before anyone jumps on me, by the way, I do know some older guys who are top blokes, who do care and actually still actively support their team. But let's not kid ourselves. They're the exception and not the rule.

Good post but I think the problem with the older generation is that they were too busy actually fighting to give two hoots about goal music, traditions etc etc 

I just have to laugh when WYS is sang down there these days, the speed is utterly ridiculous. 

A club anthem that lasts approx. 15 seconds lol

Also, the boot boys song, why is it that the modern fan has cut off a entire verse? Same reason WYS is sang at lightening speed?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I just have to laugh when WYS is sang down there these days, the speed is utterly ridiculous. 

A club anthem that lasts approx. 15 seconds lol

Also, the boot boys song, why is it that the modern fan has cut off a entire verse? Same reason WYS is sang at lightening speed?

I've never heard a second verse sung. Again, whose fault is that? The people who did know it or the people who they didn't pass it on to?