Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

1 minute ago, GlennyFox55 said:

This was in the FAQ on the stadium expansion announcement last year.

AD312AA7-2AB4-4EB8-BEC7-1D8D9D8EDF37.jpeg

Would be great if these discussions were in the public domain if they know its an important topic otherwise we're left to make our assumptions on whats happening

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GlennyFox55 said:

This was in the FAQ on the stadium expansion announcement last year.

AD312AA7-2AB4-4EB8-BEC7-1D8D9D8EDF37.jpeg

Beggars belief if the SAG wouldn’t recommend safe standing is introduced on safety grounds in areas where people persistently stand.

It’s pretty much the accepted practice in a lot of areas now 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

They’ll do it if the bigger clubs/stadiums keep introducing it 

This is my take on it too.

It took us years to get video screens and electronic advertising boards. We will eventually catch up on the trend, when everyone else has already done it.

2 hours ago, Incognito said:

This is my take on it too.

It took us years to get video screens and electronic advertising boards. We will eventually catch up on the trend, when everyone else has already done it.

I think you'll find we were actually ahead of the curve on both with this beauty.

20200402130627_02.jpg.gallery.jpg

• Haha 3

On 29/01/2022 at 09:41, Spudulike said:

If that follows then the club will have a strong following in the next generation as it seems that most of our Leicestershire kids are growing up City fans. 

At my kid's afterschool football club, it is "blue shirts vs red shirts" with Leicester shirt wearers vs, well, a selection of red-topped opposition. He says that all non-blue shirts get put in the red team (with training jerseys), so any Leicester away kit wearers get lumped in with the ArsManLiv team.

3 hours ago, FuriousFox46 said:

Hi all,

just had my meeting - Jim is still the person to send thoughts and views to.

*but* he did mention that the internal committee on match day atmosphere is now being looked at be three of the club’s directors and now would be a good time to send suggestions in.

He recommended setting up a google form for users on here to register their opinions on certain topics.

I’m happy to go ahead and make that it everyone has ideas of what we could include,..

I’m thinking goal music, pre-match playlist, noise level, safe standing, singing area?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

Get our anthem up on the big screen with words if necessary. When you're smiling please just before the Post Horn Gallop. Get the crowd involved rather than the generic nonsense we are currently subjected to. 

I know being laughed at by the away fans is a concern to many here, and normally I wouldn’t care, but I reckon I would re words on screen and singing along! Maybe a step too far for me!? That’s only one step away from the palace Nigel’s ultras scout club who actually hand out hymn sheets to their fellow Nigel’s in the stands so they can all singalong together

16 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I know being laughed at by the away fans is a concern to many here, and normally I wouldn’t care, but I reckon I would re words on screen and singing along! Maybe a step too far for me!? That’s only one step away from the palace Nigel’s ultras scout club who actually hand out hymn sheets to their fellow Nigel’s in the stands so they can all singalong together

Fair enough. Just play it over the PA then. Other clubs do it without ridicule. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Spudulike said:

How about getting some identity into the stadium that fans can relate to. I'm thinking about naming stands after club servants rather than points on a compass starting with the acknowledgement of the Lineker Stand. Get their names celebrated like other clubs and be proud of our fantastic history. 2022 is the 20th anniversary of the stadium, what better time to do it? 

Finally, the Engelbert Humperdinck end can get out of our dreams and into reality

It's strange that we spent the first 10 years debating all this kind of shit and then suddenly we had, what many called, the best atmosphere in England for a while. 

Obviously what is happening on the pitch is a deciding factor, but what that did show is you can't manufacture this king of thing. Suggestions like put When You're Smiling on before the game? Let's just say that does take off (which it wouldn't), you'd have 30 seconds of atmosphere and then nothing. Basically just like we have now anyway. 

The very obvious answer is at old grounds where you have over hundred years of tradition and odd stands, you know where you want to sit if you want to make noise, and you know where you want to sit if you want to have a prawn sandwich. 

The last thing on their minds when building our stadium, and then arranging each stand, was atmosphere unfortunately. The age old argument of putting the family stand next to the away fans proved that. That reduced us to essentially having one block next to the away fans who retained that spirit of Filbert Street. (By the way Filbert Street could be an absolute morgue on quite a few occasions too, but of rose tinted spectacles when we look back at that ground sometimes).