Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

I actually liked the clappers when they first came in and thought they contributed to a big improvement in atmosphere exactly when it was needed. This was because people who didn’t usually make a noise were suddenly participating.

The trouble with any gimmick, however, is that it only works for a time. You have to keep trying different things. The people who bashed their clappers enthusiastically at first are now bored with them and keep them under their seat.

It’s time for the clappers to go and the goal music to change. We could try: rattles, kazoos, vuvuzelas, horns - whatever really - but they’d be greeted enthusiastically as a novelty.

These suggestions might be a little tongue in cheek but, the wider point is, the atmosphere is never going to improve just because we want it to. Clearly you’re not changing the behaviours of 30,000 people overnight. It needs something forced whether we like it or not - or don’t believe it should be necessary. Noise, any noise in a football stadium, is generally better than silence. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Strange - most people near me are singing along / making the noise to the tune of the goal celebration music.

People are doing that because they want to celebrate the fact we've scored though, not because they like the tune. The tune just happens to be what's playing when they're celebrating.

If it was removed, they would still be celebrating.

• Like 1

To be honest mine was a bit of a joke about the noise being why you never hear anyone complaining lol no in all seriousness, Voll Blau is right nobody is going to stop celebrating because it comes on.

Though I've always thought it was a bit of a method of crowd control. They won't stop celebrating when it comes on, they will however when it finishes.

Was glad we finally got rid of goal music, then lockdown happened and loads of clubs brought it in, fans return and loads got rid but you just knew we wouldn't.

• Like 3

I’m pretty ambivalent about the whole thing, I don’t use the clackers and don’t sing along to the goal music. Too busy going nuts normally. 

However, this thread makes me smile as a few dozen posters on here are 100% right and 30000+ supporters are “sheep” “idiots” “old” etc. Bit disingenuous to a lot of hardcore supporters. A group of 8/10 of us sing our own songs which obviously can get drowned out, but we feel we add to the atmosphere. If you want to influence people, insulting them is not always the recommended way! 

I’m in SK2 and whilst I admire the lads in SK1 especially for the Tifosi’s (I have contributed a wedge in the past), your songs can be a bit naff. 
I only join in with three, Starman, Dusty and of course Vichai. WYS is ultra rubbish and is not a football song, it doesn’t energise the crowd and has no club meaning. 

I know it’s not easy doing new songs especially with the crap music nowadays, much easier in my day late 60’s/early 70’s, but you need to do something if possible.

Good luck! 

Everyone ... just drop the club an Email, and point out how "un-green" the clappers are (and a waste of material).    

I think there's more chance of getting something changed, if we pursue that route, rather than the "we don't like them".

Email: [email protected]  (or maybe [email protected]).   Or if not, use the [email protected] and ask them to forward it to the relevant area.

Edited by worth_the_wait
  • Like 2

Guest David Oldfields Gate

In the interest of balance I have no problem with the Clappers but maybe they should just come out for big games etc

Obviously rather we didn't need them and 30k went full roar for 90 minutes but let's be realistic.

40 minutes ago, MattFox said:

I don’t even buy the idea that the clappers enhanced the atmosphere in big games tbh

The atmosphere for games in 14/15 such as the 5-3 with United was perfectly fine without clappers

Yeah it’s absolute boulder dash. There isn’t a world where clappers improve our atmosphere. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Yeah it’s absolute boulder dash. There isn’t a world where clappers improve our atmosphere. 

They have well and truly run their course I think, they are left lying around and not just inside the stadium, you see them discarded all over the place, the noise they make is awful especially when paired with the cringeworthy music that blarts out when we score and after the match, out of interest what was the first game they were ever supplied ?

54 minutes ago, MattFox said:

I don’t even buy the idea that the clappers enhanced the atmosphere in big games tbh

The atmosphere for games in 14/15 such as the 5-3 with United was perfectly fine without clappers

Imagine if there wasn't a good atmosphere overturning a 3-1 deficit against Manchester United

3 minutes ago, mad biker said:

They have well and truly run their course I think, they are left lying around and not just inside the stadium, you see them discarded all over the place, the noise they make is awful especially when paired with the cringeworthy music that blarts out when we score and after the match, out of interest what was the first game they were ever supplied ?

It’s not football mate. Not the way I see football anyway. Quite frankly if this is the way we’re intent on going then I’ll get off at the next stop. 

I can’t really remember being a solid reason why, in my mind it comes down to the lack of football people in higher up positions at the club. Football club not run by football people. Proof is in the pudding when we objectively have one of the the worst home atmospheres in the league and they do nowt to improve it. 

• Like 2

The goal music is far and away the worst, it turns a spontaneous and ecstatic moment into a stadium full of trained seals dancing and clapping to an embarrassing row, you have to try bluddy hard to not join in !! post match  following a win and you just want to applaud and chant players names but oh no more overpowering music takes over, surely SOMEONE at the club must realise just how crap it all is ????

• Like 1