Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

1 hour ago, Christoph said:

Worse atmosphere at away game I've ever been too. Hardly any fans were chanting much even before we conceded the goals. 

Knew it was gonna be cack when one of the first chants that got cracking at Notts County was about fvcking Mason Greenwood.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Daresay we lucked out with the FA Cup final atmosphere due to Covid restrictions. It meant only those "up for it" really bothered to attend. I might be wrong but that's how it appears to me.

L1 is moribund, and the Kop barely deserves its name. I fear we are beyond repair.

Edited by Incognito
Typo
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

It's beyond repair. A derby in the fa cup and we produce that. Absolutely pathetic

As has been pointed out, you can't blame the result, we played quite well for the first 20. We're the kings of the concourse. Was in that bouncing concourse thinking surely, surely this end can't be bad.

It was dog shit. Shit before they went ahead and from then onwards.

As I've said many a time in this thread, it's largely the clubs fault.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

As has been pointed out, you can't blame the result, we played quite well for the first 20. We're the kings of the concourse. Was in that bouncing concourse thinking surely, surely this end can't be bad.

The atmosphere can't be blamed on the result.. can the result be blamed on the atmosphere? Players seemed lethargic and uninterested, but was that due to a lack of encouragement from the fans?

2 hours ago, brucey said:

The atmosphere can't be blamed on the result.. can the result be blamed on the atmosphere? Players seemed lethargic and uninterested, but was that due to a lack of encouragement from the fans?

They don't deserve that cop out. The fans are an issue in themselves but the players should not need firing up for a game like that. People mocked the burn the Forest banner but the message should be quite clear from there.

• Like 2

I don't usually join the thread putting the boot in on our own fans, but I feel for the 1/3 of our away support that is trying, and having to carry the 2/3 not really bothered.   For our normal 3000 away fans, it's like 1000 are trying and 2000 are just taking up space.

And as someone said above, it's as much the "younger" element as the "older" element.   (I'm the wrong side of 50, btw)

For every old codger on day release who just sits there saying nothing, there's a young person either out of his head or spending all match on his phone (or filming himself).

I've been to 100's of away games, but I have to say yesterday was a new one for me.  

I had 3 lads squashed in around me.   Decent young Leicester lads.  Not geeky nerds or yobbish morons.  Just good lads.   Mid 20's I'd say.   Had a good day out, but not drunk or spaced out.     And all they did for the first 23 minutes of the game, was just talk to each other like they were in a pub.   No interest in the game whatsoever.   (an FA cup tie v our local rivals).    At least the idiots sticking the 'V's up at Forest fans or singing rude songs, were at least doing something!

Anyway after 32 minutes, they went back down to the concourse.   Can't really blame them for that.     As I say, they seemed 3 decent young men, and I suppose that's what surprised me.   If they'd been drugged up nutters, it wouldn't seemed so weird. 

Edited by worth_the_wait

Other than the European trips this season that's me done for away games. 

I'm embarrassed at what we've become in the stands. 

Unfortunately the lack of atmosphere or passion on display riles me and I just don't get any enjoyment out of it so the best thing to do is not bother. 

How times have changed 

Our golden era has been incredibly unenjoyable for a golden era. 16/17 as defending champions was shit. The Puel era was absolutely wank on the pitch. Missed out on a European campaign because of Covid. The FA Cup win was tainted by restrictions.

A few enjoyable seasons where week-to-week it's good fun without any explosive highs or lows are what we need. This cycle of momentous joy and despair is too much.

9 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Yeah this really pisses me off, concourse loud as hell everyone singing - then go in the stand and silence 

21 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Home pubs in the city centre were belting out Forest songs hours before kick off. Noise coming from all three sides the ground.

Can you imagine any of that at Leicester? I can’t. 

KP would have been half empty at 85 minutes if we were 4-1 up too

• Like 1

Met some mates of the first train into Nottingham and honestly thought the day was going to be brilliant. The noise coming off of that train was unbelievable.

Just goes to show how unrepresentative that demographic is of our away ends as a whole - and, sadly, how much of that demographic themselves are only willing to pipe up for show, rather than when it actually counts for something.