Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

I actually felt jealous of Forest yesterday.

Good pubs, organic atmosphere, no goal music/clappers, a club anthem, three stands singing, no daft shit like cover bands or bouncycastles outside the stadium and an actual willingness to get behind their team. 

That’s without mentioning the game. 

I thought they were good yesterday to be fair to them. All added in with a proper ground too which had nods to everything they've won around the stand.

None of that at our place.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Just now, Voll Blau said:

Underworld and Faithless. That's how you do it if you're gonna do it. Even I was bouncing to it.

I'm pretty sure they used to play 'lose yourself' pre match too.

Credit where its due, decent playlist.

Like someone else posted earlier, would be nice to get some more of Leicesters own Kasabian back om the playlist and fvck that terrible Kungs track off.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Underworld and Faithless. That's how you do it if you're gonna do it. Even I was bouncing to it.

I mean I'm a little biased as that's the era I grew up in. But just the fact it's up tempo, pumping, sets a tone. Compared to the shite we use.

Still gets me we got humped in porto and those staff on the free gravy train, decided to nick the goal music ffs.

It's like they make ever decision to alienate part of the fan base.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Yes said:

The thing I really struggle with is regardless of anything the club does, why does it seem like the majority of our fan base just doesn’t want it? Yesterday it looked like pretty much their entire stadium was consistently making noise, that’s unimaginable for us and in some sections people won’t join in at all let alone for a significant amount of time, pretty much every other half decent sized Midlands club seems capable of the same.

You could say it’s the demographic but Leicester isn’t a great deal different to any other Midlands city, yet our fan base is more like something you’d expect to see at Reading, I just don’t see how that’s happened.

Tbf Derby have equally terrible support and a terrible songbook  but they at least try and do something about it by creating an end for all their singers to go in.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Tbf Derby have equally terrible support and a terrible songbook  but they at least try and do something about it by creating an end for all their singers to go in.

Maybe the modern stadiums don’t help, always thought Derby were able to get it going from time to time though despite having a lot less to shout about than us in recent years. 

5 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I actually felt jealous of Forest yesterday.

Good pubs, organic atmosphere, no goal music/clappers, a club anthem, three stands singing, no daft shit like cover bands or bouncycastles outside the stadium and an actual willingness to get behind their team. 

That’s without mentioning the game. 

Dislike them but it's far more authentic than ours.

22 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Even Derby have a proper end though. Their fanbase is far from perfect and I don't rate it but they've got their club actually helping the situation.

We're not a hard place to come to.

Our club are run by fvcking power hungry idiots who want full control of everything, theyre doing us a favour by letting us come to games and in turn we should sit quietly and clap our clappers like we’re told to. Anything else and we’ll send our showsec goons up to deal with you!

Edited by Munshi

The whole thing at our place needs completely ripping up but I’m resigned to it never coming back. 

It’s not just atmosphere - there are so many areas which involve fan interaction that they fail on. Genuinely believe the gimmicky crap we have is out dated.

A band outside? Kids really entertained by bouncy castles for five minutes anymore? 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Leeds are still having a good go at keeping it up. Villa Park on its day not far behind. 

Agreed but I can’t imagine Leeds or Villa proactively try to stop their more vocal fans attending/sitting together. Based on what I’ve seen on here and Twitter the clubs intent on having a family friendly image and think they’ll achieve that by trying to exclude those that want to get an atmosphere going. 

plus although they’re both prem they’ve not seen the type of success Leicester have. I don’t know how your loyalty systems work or what the ticket resale market is like but id imagine following the title season you had a influx of new fans interested in attending games that perhaps hadn’t been before and weren’t traditionally passionate Leicester fans 

42 minutes ago, Asha said:

The club honestly do not care about supporter feelings.

So you’re sitting there every game miserable because it’s like a morgue? You’ve still paid though so the club is happy. Fvck you and your feelings. 

Not coming next year? No problem, there’s a waiting list for season tickets, right? Someone else less passionate will come in and make it even worse. Club still gets the money. Club is happy.  

It’s such a sad situation but the club clearly doesn’t want passionate fans. They want 32,500 docile dummies, paying £38 each, clapping at the right moments and not a second more. 

They’ll toss a little treat our way in the form of a free pie or scarf now and again and everyone will act like they’re a powerful, generous God who loves and cares for us. 

This is essentially it and the difference between us and clubs like Forest (not a dig at them though)

It's all supply and demand, when we were in the Championship the club had a need to attract any type of fan just to put bums on seats. They didnt have the luxury of only pushing for young families who will spend more cash than say, me. Now we're an established Prem team the demand is there and they really couldnt give a toss whether i come back or not. On the face of they'll always pretend to care because they have to, but lets be realistic. 

The thread does bounce around the same ideas after every game which would all help but this definitely feels more like a self help session now!! 

Edited by Jackubu
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

This is essentially it and the difference between us and clubs like Forest (not a dig at them though)

It's all supply and demand, when we were in the Championship the club had a need to attract any type of fan just to put bums and seats. They didnt have the luxury of only pushing for young families who will spend more cash than say, me. Now we're an established Prem team the demand is there and they really couldnt give a toss whether i come back or not. On the face of they'll always pretend to care because they have to, but lets be realistic. 

The thread does bounce around the same ideas after every game which would all help but this definitely feels more like a self help session now!! 

Absolutely. 

And clubs are in a position where they know they can exploit our loyalty. So we’re saying we want a better atmosphere, and the atmosphere was much better at Forest yesterday than at the KP. We can’t all just go and support them now, can we? And the club knows that. But if it was basically anything else we were paying for and dissatisfied with we’d happily jump ship to a rival. 

Sometimes I think the only solution is to start supporting a non-league team instead. It’s not the same as watching Leicester, but what exactly is that these days? 

It’s still football, even a more honest and authentic version of it. It’s still beers with the boys. It’s still a day out. It’s also more affordable. And there are definitely fewer cvnts around, both on and off the pitch. 

I often look at FC United’s results and see they’re struggling and nowhere near the national league even but wonder if the Man United loyals who went to them instead are happier with football now and have enjoyed the last decade more than going to Old Trafford every fortnight. 

5 minutes ago, Asha said:

Sometimes I think the only solution is to start supporting a non-league team instead. It’s not the same as watching Leicester, but what exactly is that these days? 

It’s still football, even a more honest and authentic version of it. It’s still beers with the boys. It’s still a day out. It’s also more affordable. And there are definitely fewer cvnts around, both on and off the pitch. 

I often look at FC United’s results and see they’re struggling and nowhere near the national league even but wonder if the Man United loyals who went to them instead are happier with football now and have enjoyed the last decade more than going to Old Trafford every fortnight. 

Get what you are saying however the TRA home singing section at Old Trafford looks to have transformed the place. 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Get what you are saying however the TRA home singing section at Old Trafford looks to have transformed the place. 

I don’t really know anything about this tbh. What led to that change? 

Edited by Asha