Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

48 minutes ago, Asha said:

Sometimes I think the only solution is to start supporting a non-league team instead. It’s not the same as watching Leicester, but what exactly is that these days? 

It’s still football, even a more honest and authentic version of it. It’s still beers with the boys. It’s still a day out. It’s also more affordable. And there are definitely fewer cvnts around, both on and off the pitch. 

I often look at FC United’s results and see they’re struggling and nowhere near the national league even but wonder if the Man United loyals who went to them instead are happier with football now and have enjoyed the last decade more than going to Old Trafford every fortnight. 

It's where I am at

Been to loads of Coalville games this season and it's just refreshing to watch. 

I then go to our games and am bored shitless with the modern style of top level football and the non existent atmosphere. 

At Coaville I will have a few beers whilst actually watching the game. 

• Like 3

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Our club when it was highlighted the success of the TRA and just the fact that perhaps the biggest club in the world have created a singing section etc were hugely dismissive of it.

Shocking. Who is it exactly that communicates this? Like is it a specific person who you’re in contact with or is it just generic emails etc. 

1 minute ago, K1FOX said:

Needs the right person inside the club who gets it and that will turn things around. But how do we get to that stage?

Won’t happen without a major change at exec level. Club have openly said they don’t really want to employ Leicester fans. 

Never more evident when a member of club staff was on a flight to Warsaw wearing a Leeds United face mask

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Won’t happen without a major change at exec level. Club have openly said they don’t really want to employ Leicester fans. 

Never more evident when a member of club staff was on a flight to Warsaw wearing a Leeds United face mask

Doesn’t make sense that they don’t want to employ leicester fans. They go on about this foxes family business but are so far detached it’s beyond belief. 

The only thing that actually gets their attention is something that will give them negative media coverage. 

1 hour ago, Asha said:

The club honestly do not care about supporter feelings.

So you’re sitting there every game miserable because it’s like a morgue? You’ve still paid though so the club is happy. Fvck you and your feelings. 

Not coming next year? No problem, there’s a waiting list for season tickets, right? Someone else less passionate will come in and make it even worse. Club still gets the money. Club is happy.  

It’s such a sad situation but the club clearly doesn’t want passionate fans. They want 32,500 docile dummies, paying £38 each, clapping at the right moments and not a second more. 

They’ll toss a little treat our way in the form of a free pie or scarf now and again and everyone will act like they’re a powerful, generous God who loves and cares for us. 

I still don't think the club realise how much a good atmosphere can help the team . 

I'm not one of those who looks at Filbert Street as always having an amazing atmosphere. But there was definitely games where we were playing shit. Then crowd would just start getting louder and louder and you would see the players feeding off this and improving. 

All this goes hand in hand with the club signing players that they consider having the right (too nice) personality !

We end up with no fight on or off the pitch and over a season it will cost us .

• Like 1

Most new stadium(s) have been a disaster for the relevant club, at least from at atmosphere perspective.

It can give a temporary boost if it substantially increases capacity.    So for example, we went from 22,000 at Filbert Street in 2002, to a new 32,000 capacity stadium.   And the first couple of years were really good, with the extra 10,000 making a huge difference.   I suspect the same would've been true at Southampton as well.

The trouble is, it can go a bit stale.   And if your old main singing section has been dipersed, it can be difficult to get it back together again.   And having season tickets available in all parts of the ground can be a big hindrance to that.

Additionally, if you've completely reserved one of the 2 parts adjacent to the away fans - like us with the Family Stand - then it rules out the option of fans moving into that part of the ground.

One help can be if you become so totally sh*t that your crowds drop right down to nothing.   Then you can almost start again in a 3/4 empty ground.   Like Cov fans have been able to do, going in the corner to the left of the away end.

The trouble is, we've never got so bad that our crowds have plumetted to nothing.  Even in the 3rd Division, our average crowd was just over 20,000, and the lowest league attendance that season was still above 16,000.    So we never had the total flexibility to completely start again, and build up a completely new proper dedicated area for singers.

Some clubs like Derby and Middlesbrough have moved the away fans from behind the goal to a corner/side, and has given the impetus for change from the home fans.   It's certainly helped Derby a lot.   Trouble is, again, that we started off with the away fans in a corner, and haven't really got anywhere obvious to move them to. 

And the occasional club like Millwall are so nutty anyway, that it wouldn't matter what sort of ground they had.   They could still make a right racket.

Our new ground is ok for what it is, and at least it's not been stuck miles away on the outskirts (like Reading) or miles out of town (like Bolton).  

But through a combination of bad planning by the club, good/bad fortune of historical events on the pitch, apathy by some fans, and just circumstances beyond our control ... moving away from Filbert Street has been disastrous for atmosphere in the long term.

It doesn't necessarily need to always be like this.   Clubs have cyclical ups-and-downs in terms of interest, passion and atmosphere.   So I wouldn't give up on it.

(at the moment, it's absolutely rocking at Forest.  And that's primarily because they've been sh*t for 23 years and are on the up point in the cycle.   I bet the atmosphere is pretty good at Derby too, but that's for a completely different reason ... they have currently got a backs-to-the-wall "we're hard done by" mentality.   Which also gets the fans going.    And I bet it's fairly decent at Cov too, as they have just improved from being really, really sh*t for the last 5-10 years.)

East Stand redevelopment and/or a safe-standing area may help.  We've just got to stick with it, and try the best with what we have for the moment.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Shocking. Who is it exactly that communicates this? Like is it a specific person who you’re in contact with or is it just generic emails etc. 

Hate to say it but it's pointless emailing Jim about it these days. He's a nice guy and evidently loves Leicester but isn't a decision maker. 

Would love to bombard a board member/director with a 100 emails to make my point but you know they'll do a 'Your 90 minutes' and only invite the FoxesTrust or something ridiculous. Worth a shout either way though?

• Like 1

I've posted similar before. I've been to watch Peterborough a couple of times this season. 

Thoroughly enjoyed the matchday experience. 3pm KO, no ear piercing music/goal music, old school ground, mud on the pitch & the football wasn't too bad. 

I'm City through & through, but I haven't looked forward to attending as much this season. yes the football is stale, l just find the whole experience so sterile. 

29 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

Hate to say it but it's pointless emailing Jim about it these days. He's a nice guy and evidently loves Leicester but isn't a decision maker. 

Would love to bombard a board member/director with a 100 emails to make my point but you know they'll do a 'Your 90 minutes' and only invite the FoxesTrust or something ridiculous. Worth a shout either way though?

Needs a collective effort just to request a meeting with the decision makers. Union FS are the ones who are organised just needs more people to join with them for this matter to show the club there are numbers and we demand a meeting

• Like 4

This thread is starting to go way too deep

’Power hungry owners’ etc

Come on!

The atmosphere is crap yes. But I put that down to the football being crap and boring too. I’m certainly not one of those who rely on the players to inspire me into chanting, but I think the majority of our supporters are that way inclined. 

Getting on the owners backs about clappers and goal music isn’t going to change a single thing, even if they listened. 

We’ve had some unreal atmospheres at KP under Pearson, PL title and CL campaign. All whilst clappers and goal music were present.

Its how dire the football has been that’s the root cause. 

You probably wouldn’t find many others who’ll sing more than me at a game- coming home hoarse each time. But frankly the football is so bad right now, if they were playing on my back garden I’d close the curtains. 

• Like 2

God this thread is almost as bad as going through Sunday again. 

The fact our atmosphere was so praised during the great escape and Premier League season shows this isn't an issue like not being able to hear another stand or whatever.

And I'm not being funny but as bad as Sunday was, saying you're jealous of Forest cos they play an "anthem" over the PA? I'll take the Premier League, 2 5th place finishes, FA Cup and Premier League status I reckon. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

You're allowed to criticise the clubs day-to-day ops without critiquing the owners. They're separate topics and I never understand how people assume otherwise. 

Completely agree 

Fair enough. But I still don’t think they’re to blame. It’s the people  standing to your left and right in the stadium who are.

You're allowed to criticise the clubs day-to-day ops without critiquing the owners. They're separate topics and I never understand how people assume otherwise. 

Completely agree 

20 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Needs a collective effort just to request a meeting with the decision makers. Union FS are the ones who are organised just needs more people to join with them for this matter to show the club there are numbers and we demand a meeting

Pretty much this....the more numbers UFS have the harder it will become for the club just to ignore them.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Pretty much this....the more numbers UFS have the harder it will become for the club just to ignore them.

Catch 22 when you effectively have no seats for them to move to in the league and a reluctance to grant opportunities for it like singing sections in games were there are seats.

More voices and strength in numbers is the way though I do believe that. They can ignore it and bury their heads atm as not enough bang on their door.

10 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Fair enough. But I still don’t think they’re to blame. It’s the people  standing to your left and right in the stadium who are.

You're right, to an extent, but when all actions & behaviours are there to control, stifle and discourage an atmosphere we need to be asking questions. 

• Like 2

So 45 pages on....

The club want to control the atmosphere which they do.  The vast majority of fans filling the ground each week aren't interested in creating an atmosphere.

So where do we go from here?  I can't see how it could possibly change.

All the potential improvements, giving the fans who want to create an atmosphere a designated end....won't happen, safe standing....the club have shown no interest.  The end of clappers and goal music....club loves both.  Apathetic fans who don't care about atmosphere...how do you change that?

You're right, to an extent, but when all actions & behaviours are there to control, stifle and discourage an atmosphere we need to be asking questions. 

The questions to be raised are why are they blocking any attempt at creating sections and allowing like minded people to group together? Why are they using a banner as an excuse to stop sections at cup games where there is ample room? Why is there no fan representation on decisions made for the fans ie. clappers on every seat or concourse, goal music etc. Why are they not helping away fans who want to be vocal group together at away games in the same way they help other sections of the fan base? 

As mentioned due to the nature of our fan base organisation and accommodation from the club is necessary. Certain clubs away ends take care of themselves because everybody is of the same mindset but ours is the opposite.

Edited by K1FOX

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Catch 22 when you effectively have no seats for them to move to in the league and a reluctance to grant opportunities for it like singing sections in games were there are seats.

More voices and strength in numbers is the way though I do believe that. They can ignore it and bury their heads atm as not enough bang on their door.

It is always going to be tough when as you quite rightly point out we have no space to accomodate a large singing section at this present time. 

The only way the club will take notice is if their is a large number of fans calling for change. 

I personally think that in games where there is the space it's important for UFS to promote the section as much as possible even if it means moving away from SK1 to a relatively empty part of the stadium to show the club how many like minded fans we have that all have the same goal of improving the match day atmosphere. 

Either the above or all of UFS miss one game to show the club how bad the atmosphere is without the singing section. 

6 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

The questions to be raised are why are they blocking any attempt at creating sections and allowing like minded people to group together? Why are they using a banner as an excuse to stop sections at cup games where there is ample room? Why is there no fan representation on decisions made for the fans ie. clappers on every seat or concourse, goal music etc. Why are they not helping away fans who want to be vocal group together at away games in the same way they help other sections of the fan base? 

As mentioned due to the nature of our fan base organisation and accommodation from the club is necessary. Certain clubs away ends take care of themselves because everybody is of the same mindset but ours is the opposite.

Again, bang on. 

Also think these questions need to be coming from a larger number of the fan base to provoke the right conversations. Probably worth a collective push for that open forum to take place. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

Again, bang on. 

Also think these questions need to be coming from a larger number of the fan base to provoke the right conversations. Probably worth a collective push for that open forum to take place. 

Question is how does this collective push happen?