Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

2 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

Question is how does this collective push happen? 

Maybe it's as simple as people complaining here emailing the club initially. Not just to an lcfchelp email but to a wider club audience like Susan Whelan, Anthony Herlihy or Anthony Munday; going off the clubs Senior Management page they're all relevant. 

• Like 1

When I emailed Jim about the volume of the pre match music he replied saying some people have complained its not loud enough. 

We've got no hope. That pre match music sets the tone for the whole game. Puts me in a bad mood before a ball has even been kicked 😂

Anyway,  people should give Coalville a try when city are next not playing on a Saturday . Decent atmosphere behind the goal, few pints and some good football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gamble92 said:

God this thread is almost as bad as going through Sunday again. 

The fact our atmosphere was so praised during the great escape and Premier League season shows this isn't an issue like not being able to hear another stand or whatever.

And I'm not being funny but as bad as Sunday was, saying you're jealous of Forest cos they play an "anthem" over the PA? I'll take the Premier League, 2 5th place finishes, FA Cup and Premier League status I reckon. 

Can’t use the atmosphere was great five years ago as a defence for it being naff now. 

There’s also clubs capable of those things - Premier League status and winning trophies whilst keeping an atmosphere fairly lively 

1 hour ago, MattFox said:

Owners/ senior execs don’t want an alternative power-base that might start questioning their decisions/narrative.

That’s the heart of the matter

I don’t think it’s that.

At LCFC, you’ve got a number at exec level who simply aren’t first and foremost fans of football or can appreciate what being a football fan is about or the attraction in following your team. They have the idea of what it is but it was probably where it was heading five to ten years ago. Football and fandom has stepped away slightly from the sanitisation I feel. Some clubs increasingly make a big thing of their atmosphere. Quite often tying that with pride and identity. Fans of clubs have voted goal music off as opposed to on. My big criticism of the owners and I’ll happily take the flak is their near complete ignorance of what Leicester City were before their ownership. 

Even stepping away from atmosphere, the whole ‘show’ is a bit flat. The media team produce content which is literally middle of the road. It’s not unique. It’s ideas borrowed from other clubs and standard stuff you’d expect. Occasionally you’ll get a nugget like the early 90s stuff. I don’t want some faux banter but I’d like something more genuine. For example, the players interviews are incredibly dry. There’s very little fan interaction in a number of areas. They appear fixated on a fan what is very few in number 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I don’t think it’s that.

At LCFC, you’ve got a number at exec level who simply aren’t first and foremost fans of football or can appreciate what being a football fan is about or the attraction in following your team. They have the idea of what it is but it was probably where it was heading five to ten years ago. Football and fandom has stepped away slightly from the sanitisation I feel. Some clubs increasingly make a big thing of their atmosphere. Quite often tying that with pride and identity. Fans of clubs have voted goal music off as opposed to on. My big criticism of the owners and I’ll happily take the flak is their near complete ignorance of what Leicester City were before their ownership. 

Even stepping away from atmosphere, the whole ‘show’ is a bit flat. The media team produce content which is literally middle of the road. It’s not unique. It’s ideas borrowed from other clubs and standard stuff you’d expect. Occasionally you’ll get a nugget like the early 90s stuff. I don’t want some faux banter but I’d like something more genuine. For example, the players interviews are incredibly dry. There’s very little fan interaction in a number of areas. They appear fixated on a fan what is very few in number 

Even more crazy then that they actively don’t want to employ LCFC fans. How can you run the fan and operational stuff at a football club without having any idea what the fans want. This is also why none of the music played will have any Leicester attachment or football relevance. Shambles if you ask me - just imagine what it’ll be like 5 years down the line 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Can’t use the atmosphere was great five years ago as a defence for it being naff now. 

There’s also clubs capable of those things - Premier League status and winning trophies whilst keeping an atmosphere fairly lively 

I'm saying the fact it was great proves some of these age old theories about not hearing one end are obviously not true. 

If you visited the city ground a few years ago it wouldn't have been any different. We can't use a local Derby where they've won like that as some kind of barometer for out weekly atmosphere against teams like Burnley and Wolves. 

The point is we all go through phases like this, and the poor performances and style of play is undoubtedly the main contribution to our atmosphere being like it is. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Won’t happen without a major change at exec level. Club have openly said they don’t really want to employ Leicester fans. 

Never more evident when a member of club staff was on a flight to Warsaw wearing a Leeds United face mask

Where have the club openly said they don't want to employ Leicester fans?

I can't believe that for a second, surely a Leicester fan is more likely to be loyal, work harder in their job and want the best for the actual club?

3 hours ago, adam said:

When I emailed Jim about the volume of the pre match music he replied saying some people have complained its not loud enough. 

Yes of course they did Jim. People definitely complained that music at the football isn't loud enough.

Complete and utter bollocks being thrown out to shut down the argument from a puppet on a string. 

34 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I can't believe that for a second, surely a Leicester fan is more likely to be loyal, work harder in their job and want the best for the actual club?

Fans whom were invited to the Seagrave tour were told this. The higher parts of the club believe you’d lose rationality. I can dig out one of the posters on here who was on the tour whom mentioned it. 

15 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Fans whom were invited to the Seagrave tour were told this. The higher parts of the club believe you’d lose rationality. I can dig out one of the posters on here who was on the tour whom mentioned it. 

That is mental and if it's true and it is completely concrete that if you're a fan you can't work there, it's a nonsensical way of looking at things.

If you have a job to do at the club and your livelihood also depends on it, regardless of your allegiance in football you're going to want to do a good job. If anything I'd say it would enhance you as an employee as you would have the ability to see things from both sides of the coin and be able to connect with one of the clubs/businesses biggest stakeholders, the fans.

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

On reflection, maybe that's why the club seem so disconnected to the actual, average match-going fan.

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

Dont know where else its been said but i went on a tour around Seagrave in Nov and in response to a question about the tour guide being a fan, he said something along the lines of 'im not an LCFC fan and actually sometimes its better not to be a fan because you dont get the highs and lows of being a fan' which i think is completely fair and rational and a question well answered/dodged given he supported spurs i think! Its a business not a passion project. But again thats my perspective on the matter from this isolated event, it may have been openly said elsewhere.

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I don’t think it’s that.

Yeah all the stuff the club produces has a very A Levels Business studies project feel to it 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jackubu said:

Hate to say it but it's pointless emailing Jim about it these days. He's a nice guy and evidently loves Leicester but isn't a decision maker. 

Would love to bombard a board member/director with a 100 emails to make my point but you know they'll do a 'Your 90 minutes' and only invite the FoxesTrust or something ridiculous. Worth a shout either way though?

Jim isn't even organising the next FCC so seems he has been sidelined a little.

I thought it was actually alright when the team started to look interested around 55 minutes until we got a bit twitchy at the end. Less poor UFS chants and it actually had the other side of the kop starting stuff. It was a glimpse of how it could be with a team playing with a higher tempo.

• Like 3

Just now, Aleksz said:

Was pretty toxic in there first half. Any more of that will get Rodgers the boot.

Side note, what were the coppers playing at with the horses on filbert way after the game?

They were surrounding one bloke. Don’t know if he had done something but given how dangerous what they decided to do, complete over reaction 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Was pretty toxic in there first half. Any more of that will get Rodgers the boot.

Side note, what were the coppers playing at with the horses on filbert way after the game?

Pretty toxic because people turn up expecting a defeat. Going 1 down then justifies that feeling.

On 08/02/2022 at 15:38, lcfc278 said:

20 odd years back this was the case. I remember a big group interview of about 50 people applying for BTS jobs and them asking STHs to stand up and reconsider why they're there. It's always been this way, if you have a season ticket or you want to see the games etc they actively tell you not to bother applying because the act of working for the club clashes with being a fan. They figure you'll be distracted or some sort of sweary, Bernie-style loon scaring the customers.

44 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

I thought it was actually alright when the team started to look interested around 55 minutes until we got a bit twitchy at the end. Less poor UFS chants and it actually had the other side of the kop starting stuff. It was a glimpse of how it could be with a team playing with a higher tempo.

Still waiting for that Maddison darts one to get going. Or any of the other mumbled ones with 20 people joining in.

Enough of that stuff and more "C'mon Leicester" and "When You're Smiling"