Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

10 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Rodgers suggesting the nervousness of the fans is a problem for the players. 

Glad to know we're at fault. I should be far more confident when I see the team going down to a sloppy goal or to see our best player coming off for a lamp post. 

The fans and team were fine until he ****ed it up. 

He'll blame anyone but himself the weak ****. 

Went with a neutral today and he said the exact same as me. Without the union fs lot in the corner the ground would be dead as fvck. Heard SK4 start a few chants which was good but other than that thought it was poor again. Had enough of people saying what’s going on on the pitch isn’t helping but that’s not the point. Should work opposite if the lads are struggling we should be getting them up for it 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

SK1 sing both of those multiple times each game and guess what? No-one else joins in.

Was literally thinking that today sat about half way down the stand in SK1. Nobody joins in with even the simplest songs like those mentioned, so as ever, the "mumbling" or "shit song" stuff is an excuse from the usual suspects who just can't be arsed to join in. Nearly everyone in SK1 knows "Leicester boys are we...", they choose not to sing it, instead they may half heartedly whack a bit of cardboard against their hand to it.

Vichai had a dream was amazing, once a bit of confidence restored to fans and players alike, but it's also the only song that's had the benefit of being broadcast on local radio every week.

Credit to the little kid in front of me, who, in stark contrast to the miserable sods either side of him (apologies if present, I'm sure you're lovely once I get to know you), absolutely wanted to join in, but clearly felt silly when the only other person in the vicinity trying to link UFS with the rest of the stand is the weird loudmouth directly behind him.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Was literally thinking that today sat about half way down the stand in SK1. Nobody joins in with even the simplest songs like those mentioned, so as ever, the "mumbling" or "shit song" stuff is an excuse from the usual suspects who just can't be arsed to join in. Nearly everyone in SK1 knows "Leicester boys are we...", they choose not to sing it, instead they may half heartedly whack a bit of cardboard against their hand to it.

Vichai had a dream was amazing, once a bit of confidence restored to fans and players alike, but it's also the only song that's had the benefit of being broadcast on local radio every week.

Credit to the little kid in front of me, who, in stark contrast to the miserable sods either side of him (apologies if present, I'm sure you're lovely once I get to know you), absolutely wanted to join in, but clearly felt silly when the only other person in the vicinity trying to link UFS with the rest of the stand is the weird loudmouth directly behind him.

That Leicester boys are we song is almost as miserable as brendans football. 

9 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Went with a neutral today and he said the exact same as me. Without the union fs lot in the corner the ground would be dead as fvck. Heard SK4 start a few chants which was good but other than that thought it was poor again. Had enough of people saying what’s going on on the pitch isn’t helping but that’s not the point. Should work opposite if the lads are struggling we should be getting them up for it 🤷‍♂️

It’s all relative. I sat in the North Stand in block P yesterday and I couldn’t hear the Kop at all. But I could hear the rows of singing around me. 

In the first half we just played it at the back having no our ball - poor movement up front.  Truth is that by playing in their half they would make mistakes (giving us a penalty).  So after halftime we stared to find barnes and let him run at them... at this point the crowd got loud... and a goal came.

See the cautious tippy tappy at the back is not going to rowse the crown is it?

10 hours ago, supernuk said:

Atmosphere was great today. I said maybeeeee you're gonnaa be the one that saves meee And afteralllllll you're my dewsburyyy haaallllll

was thinking yesterday how apt the song is... he was one who picked us up from the turgid first 30 mins

• Like 1

I thought the crowd actually pushed the players on yesterday. 

Atmosphere was toxic AF for the first 35 mins or so but good to see the shift to encouragement over booing.

One of the best atmospheres in a while at home IMO. Mind you the bar this season has been fairly low lol 

• Like 3

Just trying to imagine the atmosphere for the early kick off against Leeds after we have been dumped out of Europe (again) to a Danish meat factory workers 11, lost against Wolves and Burnley. 

It will be paradise :D

Edited by Lako42

As bad as the football for the first 35 minutes and then picked up hugely once the players got stuck in to a few tackles and took some risks with the ball. That spurred the crowd on, which in turn gave the players a lift and they started to try and make things happen, particularly Barnes who had Coufal on toast. One feeds off the other. The players need the support but they also need to show some fight and desire to make things happen. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Said it a million times, depends where you are - can’t here a beep from the union fs / kop if your in L1 and same other way round, never heard a song from sk4 even when I was in the kop. 

Even if there are pockets of fans singing the numbers are so small the atmosphere is terrible wherever you are

• Like 1

Might be rubbish, but I wonder if the type of song has any bearing on the pace of play. The fast paced Vichai had a dream coincided with the play speeding up and the players looking confident. We moved on to the turgid KDH song and the play slowed down again. Probably just because we were 2-1 up and decided to just hold on but there may be something in it.

21 minutes ago, fox in the sox said:

Might be rubbish, but I wonder if the type of song has any bearing on the pace of play. The fast paced Vichai had a dream coincided with the play speeding up and the players looking confident. We moved on to the turgid KDH song and the play slowed down again. Probably just because we were 2-1 up and decided to just hold on but there may be something in it.

VHAD is not fast paced.