Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

Whats more frustrating is a lot of the changes are only possible via the club helping out. If we had a ground with 26K in a lot of what has been said about re jigging the stands and areas could be done purely by fans moving themselves. When this is only possible via the help of the club currently it is tricky as they don't appear to be buying into any changes.

• Like 3

Basically nothing will change without a reconfiguration of the stadium when the ground is expanded.

And I see the songbook getting blamed again, which doesn't really stack up when even the most basic songs we have don't get any traction most of the time.

Thursday will be interesting, we'll most likely be outsung by 100 or so Danes. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Basically nothing will change without a reconfiguration of the stadium when the ground is expanded.

And I see the songbook getting blamed again, which doesn't really stack up when even the most basic songs we have don't get any traction most of the time.

Thursday will be interesting, we'll most likely be outsung by 100 or so Danes. 

European nights, and smaller crowds, can often throw surprises as people move seats and other people who normally don't go, get to go.

Fingers crossed it's a good night all round. If the team start well it could really get something going.

26 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

European nights, and smaller crowds, can often throw surprises as people move seats and other people who normally don't go, get to go.

Fingers crossed it's a good night all round. If the team start well it could really get something going.

I guess, but the constant pushing of the "family experience" for this game doesn't bode well. I'm not against families at the football at all but it's the constant pushing of the most vanilla football experience possible that's turned so many people off. Up until now they could just hide behind the ground being full every week but if we have a couple more seasons bobbing around the middle of the pack that could change quite quickly. Noticed quite a lot of empties in the West Stand yesterday. 

Randers2.PNG

• Like 1

I get what you mean about the family thing but I sit both ways on that. 

This is a good chance for a lot of families/kids who aren't members etc to get a ticket and no clash with school. They have all but blocked out a generation at the moment due to memberships etc. 

But yes, they don't think outside of the box otherwise. 

• Like 2

Btw I did my little rant last week about some of the areas where they connect with fans and fail. 

A few days later, they did a community piece with Adidas. The type of stuff which is actually far more engaging than the run of the mill we normally produce. Even when the shirt releases are done, it's very, very paint by numbers marketing. 

I was thinking yesterday - look at half times now, literally it's dead. They have a few people go around throwing 50p t-shirts and that's it. There isn't even announcements about ticketing etc - there wasn't even a mention of the Randers game on Thursday and tickets still available 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stadt said:

It's half term as well tbf.

There's a place for lots of different types of fans and a vociferous atmosphere but the club over emphasise the former at the cost of the latter.

Yeah that sums it up. 42K seats after the expansion, there's more than enough room for all. 

14 hours ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Was literally thinking that today sat about half way down the stand in SK1. Nobody joins in with even the simplest songs like those mentioned, so as ever, the "mumbling" or "shit song" stuff is an excuse from the usual suspects who just can't be arsed to join in. Nearly everyone in SK1 knows "Leicester boys are we...", they choose not to sing it, instead they may half heartedly whack a bit of cardboard against their hand to it.

Vichai had a dream was amazing, once a bit of confidence restored to fans and players alike, but it's also the only song that's had the benefit of being broadcast on local radio every week.

Credit to the little kid in front of me, who, in stark contrast to the miserable sods either side of him (apologies if present, I'm sure you're lovely once I get to know you), absolutely wanted to join in, but clearly felt silly when the only other person in the vicinity trying to link UFS with the rest of the stand is the weird loudmouth directly behind him.

This is spot on really. Can guarantee every song gets sung because sometimes it turns into desperation that maybe some may join in with one song more than others. As someone has said, they don't. 

@SemperEadem is right, i literally only go at the moment because I have a season ticket. Dross on the pitch comes secondary but when its consistently dross off it too, put me out of my misery.  

• Like 4

Their was a period when Puel was in charge that they switched the pre match music up and played some of the old late 90’s stuff for a while, then they decided to ditch it for what we get now 

Likewise they’ve actually ditched the goal music for a good 18 months (even if it was due to other events), then decided to go back to it.

Whenever the club have actually made small positive changes to the match day experience they’ve gone back on it 

13 hours ago, K1FOX said:

The cut off point for any change is when this new stand is built. If they don’t take what the fans want and the football club needs on board then worse than what we have now will be set in stone for a long time.

If it's not done then that's the final nail in the coffin. L1 will be addressed as there's no way they'll let people stand in front of new executive boxes in the new stand and the higher roof above SK1 would kill that off as well. 

It's do or die time and the scary thing is it's totally up to the club to proactively sort it.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2022 at 11:13, Stadt said:

The club should be proactive in giving fans what they want anyway (within reason), even if there's no immediate benefit to the bottom line. Which is why it's incredibly frustrating they've shown very little desire in reconfiguring the ground. At the minute we have a total medley of blocks and stands, virtually no segmentation of the ground at all. 

Congregating the regular standers in the ground together in one area makes a lot of sense from a catering, sales, marketing & PR point of view never mind the immediate boost to the atmosphere. I get the sense that the club are far more concerned about the complaints from potentially moving a few hundred fans out of an area, than the huge upside a standing section would bring. It's totally asymmetric, the status quo is miserable at the minute but hey they won't get some angry emails from "I've been in this seat for 27 years" Gordons and Grahams.

Palace did it. There was complaints from the Gordon’s and Graham’s but they did it anyway. 

• Like 2

It seems the last thing the owners want is even more fans standing making noise.  So I can't see how the new expansion will help at all. Like others have said its more likely they'll see this as an opportunity to kill any groups of fans and have the whole ground sitting down with the clappers.  We'll have larger attendances but an even worse atmosphere.

• Like 2

Just now, Tomek said:

Tbf, what have we had to sing about? Some of the worst football in a long time. 

We should be 3 up to be fair 

It wouldn't matter if we were. Without a certain group no ****er knows what to do. 

Embarrassing for a club of our size

• Like 1