Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

Cup games have brought a real mixed bag in terms of different fans to the regulars and their behaviour. As @Bert outlined, and I had at the Watford match, several just go to be as unpleasant as possible. On the flip side you get a lot of kids making a real racket and really enjoying themselves which is great.

The drug use is very concerning, we need to stamp that out quickly.

• Like 4

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Re Cocaine. If lestah oiks are tearing into the stuff you can be assured it's not Miami's finest. Cut with all sorts, the mental health and physical health of these chaps will be on the floor in a few years especially if combined with booze as the combination is very dangerous.

Have a word with yourself if it's you.

And don't blame the government, much as I loathe this wet con-lab colourless abomination it is all about the personal choices an individual makes and if they can afford to drop fifty squid on a gram (am i showing my age?!) then maybe the levels of disposable income in middle England are just fine.

Funny how MDMA ended hooliganism and cocaine is bringing a different problem! 

Rant over, don't shout at me.

11 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

If only there were dogs that could be trained to sniff out for drugs. Or laws against drug taking and an interested police force

The problem that boils down to though is the fact that joe blow (no pun intended) going the game with his mates and doing drugs isn’t the problem for the police. You arrest someone/ban them etc they’ll be someone else take his place and do it the week after. If you really want to tackle drugs/drug taking its starts much higher and quite frankly this countries approach is old fashioned and cock eyed to say the least.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ThurmastonFox said:

If only there were dogs that could be trained to sniff out for drugs. Or laws against drug taking and an interested police force

There was a sniffer dog at Forest away by the turnstiles  , must have had a blocked nose that day (no I don't do drugs)

3 hours ago, goody2028 said:

They won’t get rid of the goal music as so many people sing along to it. Watched on tv last night and it’s embarrassing how many people actually join in with it. Club will just see it as everyone likes it when this is certainly not the case lol 

It’s a self-fulfilling policy though. 

The music is clearly designed to attract the sort of numpties that like it, who then populate the ground dancing along like morons to it when we score. 

I always used to think the music was a dodgy decision by some flunky down the food chain, but based on what is said here is clearly part of some grotesque matchday strategy…

6 hours ago, goody2028 said:

They won’t get rid of the goal music as so many people sing along to it. Watched on tv last night and it’s embarrassing how many people actually join in with it. Club will just see it as everyone likes it when this is certainly not the case lol 

Watched it on tv last night…… and moaning at those who were there for celebrating. Nice 

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Harpenden Fox said:

I keep harking back to the title winning season and the way pretty much everyone in the ground would sing along to Hey Jude just before kick off. Proper goose bumps. Now the music volume makes my ears cower into my brain to seek relief. 

Brentford Away was a great throwback with our fans absolutely belting it out. Drowned the home fans!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, goody2028 said:

In P there were actually kids (I say kids, I mean younger than me - probably still actual adults) singing and celebrating the goal music without goals. 

It was great to see them getting involved and enjoying themselves, but I can now see why the club think that a lot of fans think that goal music is a good idea. 

Edited by Craig
  • Like 1

I’ve said it before, the niche on this forum don’t offer a wider scope to our fan base.

The other night, I had loads of kids around me, singinf and jumping around to the music when the goals went in.

They’re the future fans of the club and it’s that demographic the match day entertainment is targeting. With the expansion looming, by giving away cheaper tickets now for games like this week, they’ll entice a new generation of supporters and income streams. 

Like it or not, it’s here for the foreseeable and it’s part of the changing landscape of our club. 

Edited by Sly