Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

On 18/02/2022 at 15:39, Stadt said:

It’s weird how the club have this  condescending “we know best” attitude. A while ago a few people complained about the goal music being too loud/wank, got in contact with the club via email and their response was, [paraphrasing] “actually some people think it’s too quiet, but we’ve noted your feedback and will review it at the end of the season.”

It’s like the fans are getting in the way of their ‘matchday experience’ rather than the other way round. 

Football crowds turned up in numbers and enjoyed themselves for well over 140 years before goal music & tshirt cannons.

Bang on

10 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

You don’t need goal music and clappers to entice younger fans. 

Not having a go at him but I sat near Top for the Randers game and he was using his clapper frequently. Those in front and around him (outside the Directors Box) were also using them and doing a jig with the goal music. I simply think Top, Susan Whelan or any of those in that area get a false feeling and don't realise just how irritating these bloody thing are.

3 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Not having a go at him but I sat near Top for the Randers game and he was using his clapper frequently. Those in front and around him (outside the Directors Box) were also using them and doing a jig with the goal music. I simply think Top, Susan Whelan or any of those in that area get a false feeling and don't realise just how irritating these bloody thing are.

Top loves clappers thats known.

Fair shout him thinking the rest of us jimmys are into them because the prawn sandwich lot in front of him bash along. Comes down to those below him making him aware. But in saying that not really something he should be concerning himself with at his level.

3 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

I could hear the Leicester fans on sky outsinging the home crowd a few times.

and…. Who gives a fvck

also the wolves away end is so disjointed- it’s not exactly the easiest place to create an atmosphere.

it was okay today- not brilliant, but who cares

Edited by Chloe_77

2 hours ago, jmono84 said:

I could hear the Leicester fans on sky outsinging the home crowd a few times.

and…. Who gives a fvck

I could hear one song the whole game, ‘Kasper Schmeichel hes won more then you’ to a club whos won 10 plus major honours 😂 Just embarrassing we have so many drips that come out with this type of shite in our fanbase

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I rarely go to away games but watch on TV I watched the Man City Spurs game and our game yesterday on the TV

Similar numbers of away support at both games , the Spurs fans came over very vocal on the TV . Yesterday I barely

heard the Leicester support . Don’t know the answer but the demographics of our support do not help

23 minutes ago, Winsum said:

I rarely go to away games but watch on TV I watched the Man City Spurs game and our game yesterday on the TV

Similar numbers of away support at both games , the Spurs fans came over very vocal on the TV . Yesterday I barely

heard the Leicester support . Don’t know the answer but the demographics of our support do not help

In fairness Wolves is the hardest away end to get an atmosphere going but we are usually poor regardless.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Hurts to read that.

I didn't think their support was that great to be honest - especially for saying they were winning for the majority of the game. 

That's not a tit for tat comment but just thought they were bang average. 

We simply just have too many day trippers who are not their for the team 

• Like 1

Wolves have a decent end behind the goal to be fair to them. But the weirdos in Rey Mysterio style Wolves masks kind of balance it out.

When you stand in the away end against a Premier League side with goal music you really do see how tinpot it is.

10 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Not wrong tbf

He’s spot on. 

There’s been some good ideas for songs about winning the league and/or cup and we just end up with 50 people singing “your city is blue” to a team from Wolverhampton.

Other clubs have much less to sing about than we do, but they all manage a lot more.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 2

The frustrating thing with our away support is there's not really an immediate solution like there is with our home support. If it was coach 1 that was genuinely the problem, it'd remedy itself over a rolling period as older fans stop going. It's the thousands of fans of all ages that just can't be arsed or are too shy to open their mouths and sing that are the issue. It's not the lack of songs either, everybody knows the words to "Leicester, Leicester, Leicester" ffs.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Kings of the concourse. 

Some older blokes got "we only sing in the concourse" going when the u20 demographic started going mental as soon as the pitch was out of sight lol 

• Haha 2

Just now, Stadt said:

Some older blokes got "we only sing in the concourse" going when the u20 demographic started going mental as soon as the pitch was out of sight lol 

Like you say there's no easy fix for our away support like there arguably is for the home support. Seem to remember we had some discourse with the club about designating away blocks for people looking to get stuck in but surprise surprise it went nowhere. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The frustrating thing with our away support is there's not really an immediate solution like there is with our home support. If it was coach 1 that was genuinely the problem, it'd remedy itself over a rolling period as older fans stop going. It's the thousands of fans of all ages that just can't be arsed or are too shy to open their mouths and sing that are the issue. It's not the lack of songs either, everybody knows the words to "Leicester, Leicester, Leicester" ffs.

I know what you're getting at, but in one way I think it's the complete opposite.

For most away games, you're stuck together in one tight mass. The answer is we just need to open our mouths and make some noise.

(obviously some grounds like Wolves aren't very good, as you're strung out along a side.  But even then, you're still basically together as one)

The home issue is more of a problem, as we're pretty much stuck on capacity crowds ... and so people can't all easily group together in one mass.   Lots of us who would shout a bit, are all scattered around the whole ground - possibly in decent seats that they don't particularly want to move from.