Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

11 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

Not wrong tbf

He's right, and it's horrid to read, but cba with it coming from a Wolves fan.

Their fans always seem to pop up when things are going well for them. I'm not even bitter, they aren't even that good. Can't wait for next season when they're back in mid table.

4 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

I know what you're getting at, but in one way I think it's the complete opposite.

For most away games, you're stuck together in one tight mass. The answer is we just need to open our mouths and make some noise.

(obviously some grounds like Wolves aren't very good, as you're strung out along a side.  But even then, you're still basically together as one)

The home issue is more of a problem, as we're pretty much stuck on capacity crowds ... and so people can't all easily group together in one mass.   Lots of us who would shout a bit, are all scattered around the whole ground - possibly in decent seats that they don't particularly want to move from.

At home there's probably a 1000 or so very regular singers and maybe up to 5000 occasional singers. They just need uniting in one area of the ground, expansion and a rail seating section is the perfect chance to do that to create a regular, consistent singing section. The onus is on the club to facilitate a section where people can stand and sing.

Away from home, every ground is different, there's not the same repeatable consistency you can get from a home section. Amongst ~3k away fans every 2 weeks there should be enough likeminded people to get some noise going but for whatever reason, we're just not bothered. The only thing the club could do in this regard is trial a tick box when purchasing away tickets for people that want to sing. It's probably cringeworthy and I'd rather we didn't have to resort to that but turning out toss away ends all the time is more embarrassing.

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

Not wrong but a complete freak. Look at his Twitter, he’s taking pictures and keeping a diary of every match he’s been to the bill oddie type weirdo. He’s also spent most of last night tweeting ill about Leicester lol. I thought ‘eccentrics’ like this were only found amongst the palace ultra YouTube firm. You can see why the internet is so bad when deviants like this are actually listened too. 

But on this topic, like it or not he is spot on. A few jibes on Foxestalk doesn't change the inconvenient truth. 

3 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

But on this topic, like it or not he is spot on. A few jibes on Foxestalk doesn't change the inconvenient truth. 

Oh yeh as i started with, he’s not wrong.  But once you start listening to oddballs like this or the holmesdale badboys Twitter mob, it’s a downward spiral of freaks. It’s a bit like our fans saying ‘wolves are sh1t never should’ve won’ - yes true - but totally irrelevant 

Could the solution to better Away support, not simply be bettering the Home support?

Until we see an improvement in support at home, I can’t really see there being much improvement away. Almost everyone who goes away, will go to Home games. Louder and better support at home, should lead to a better understand of the songs and also the common goal of what it actually means to be a supporter. 

I also believe the club need to take responsibility for the bad atmosphere at games. Get rid of the clappers as they give people the belief that they’re contributing to the atmosphere at the ground when they’re actually doing f*** all. I always think to myself, the crowd sounds the best when the same chants been going for around 5/10 mins and no one cba to use the clappers anymore.

• Like 3

Our fans don't want to sing but there has to be a reason for it? Is it because we have a poor songbook? I think it is but the club controlling the atmosphere at home is the reason why the songbook does not get added to any more. Most new chants start at aways, usually at the pub or the concourse and then they carry on at home - but we cannot get anything going at home as everything is clappered over - So the majority do not know the words and it dies out.

Edited by K1FOX

49 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He's right, and it's horrid to read, but cba with it coming from a Wolves fan.

Their fans always seem to pop up when things are going well for them. I'm not even bitter, they aren't even that good. Can't wait for next season when they're back in mid table.

We've been spoilt rotten, there in lies the lesson.

Our away ends will pick up again with time I'm sure. There's times for every club when it's just flat.

That Wolves fan tweeting is an odd fella though, been tweeting constantly about hoping we go bust ect seems a very angry man lol

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Heard “ just like Leicester your city is blue” at one point during the second half

Against a one club city. Not the first time it’s been sung there too either 

Geography not our fans' strong point, clearly. 

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Not wrong but a complete freak. Look at his Twitter, he’s taking pictures and keeping a diary of every match he’s been to the bill oddie type weirdo. He’s also spent most of last night tweeting ill about Leicester lol. I thought ‘eccentrics’ like this were only found amongst the palace ultra YouTube firm. You can see why the internet is so bad when deviants like this are actually listened too. 

Yeah you’re right, just looking at his Twitter and when someone points out their goal music this is his response 

Just a bit embarrassing when you can dish it out but won’t have a bad word said about your own club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Look at his Twitter, he’s taking pictures and keeping a diary of every match he’s been to the bill oddie type weirdo. 

Lol, that’s very try hard. Who has the time to be bothered with that!

1 hour ago, Heskey2011 said:

We've been spoilt rotten, there in lies the lesson.

Remember the matches in the 16/17 season? Atmosphere was awful, fake fans showing allegiance while we were cool. Went to so many games with people on their phones from start to finish, only looking up to Snapchat their goal celebrations.

• Like 2

Got the measure of that fella from this. As a rule of Wolves fans, those from Wolves as a city are generally very sound. I find the ones from Stafford are North Korea esque soldiers of their club. 

And he’s right. But if you knew anything about football, supporters and how it’s progressed within society. The exact reason he thinks we should be loud is the exact reason it isn’t. Football clubs support seem to get better at their lowest ebbs (you wanna see Oldham this season for example). Italian ultras refer to relegations as ‘a purge’. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Generally think the main problem with our atmosphere (away especially) is how shit the majority of chants are. Is there really a single chant that our fanbase love and get behind? Majority are just flat and drone on, then like i said the window lickers that come out with the ‘hes won more then you’ and ‘just like Leicester your city is blue’, just utterly ****ing dreadful

Edited by South Shire Fox

Thought our end wasn’t too bad yesterday in a ground where you can create little atmosphere. Plenty of lads trying to get something going in JL2 where I was but wouldn’t carry to the other parts of the ground. Some of the chants were awful as mentioned but at least they’re trying to create something unlike most 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Thought our end wasn’t too bad yesterday in a ground where you can create little atmosphere. Plenty of lads trying to get something going in JL2 where I was but wouldn’t carry to the other parts of the ground. Some of the chants were awful as mentioned but at least they’re trying to create something unlike most 🤷‍♂️

I was in there too and thought it was OK but as you say, didn't really travel.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Generally think the main problem with our atmosphere (away especially) is how shit the majority of chants are. Is there really a single chant that our fanbase love and get behind? Majority are just flat and drone on, then like i said the window lickers that come out with the ‘hes won more then you’ and ‘just like Leicester your city is blue’, just utterly ****ing dreadful

We can't even shout the name of our team a few times in unison. Funny how when Leicester Boys are We started during the run up to the end of the title win everyone was joining in and now apparently it's "dirge". At what point do we admit 99% just ain't arsed anymore? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

We can't even shout the name of our team a few times in unison. Funny how when Leicester Boys are We started during the run up to the end of the title win everyone was joining in and now apparently it's "dirge". At what point do we admit 99% just ain't arsed anymore? 

Leicester Boys Are We is great when the atmosphere is good but when it's absolutely not a great song when the atmosphere is bad.

When only the Fosse Boys or when L1 are singing it it sounds crap. Needs a lot of people joining in.

I'd say we're guilty of singing it a bit too quickly too. Leicester fans on the whole are bad for that.

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Leicester Boys Are We is great when the atmosphere is good but when it's absolutely not a great song when the atmosphere is bad.

When only the Fosse Boys or when L1 are singing it it sounds crap. Needs a lot of people joining in.

I'd say we're guilty of singing it a bit too quickly too. Leicester fans on the whole are bad for that.

Hence why we have 2 drums in the home end. That being said who is drumming in L1 nowadays? Absolutely horrendous, banging the drum on every syllable of the words ffs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Hence why we have 2 drums in the home end. That being said who is drumming in L1 nowadays? Absolutely horrendous, banging the drum on every syllable of the words ffs. 

I sit in J1 and I've only heard a drummer in the bit to the left of us a handful of times. Is there a drummer there for every game?