Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

20 minutes ago, Hollism said:

Still think our goal music is worse than Wolves’ tbh

Really? Their music was abysmal and their montage dreadful - The fact it is something we are comparing says it all. 

Yesterday there were 3 songs going out in the away stand at one time as you couldn't hear but could see the different arm movements. 

Not great but there definitely seemed more people trying to get things going it just wasn't coordinated. 

I'm looking forward to Burnley. Surely we can get it together there 

Aside from the points made already about the problems with our support, I genuinely think a manager with a better connection with the fans would give us a massive lift in the stands. In my opinion Rodgers is only likable when results are coming in. Other managers you accept results don't always go your way but they'd still get the backing win, lose or draw. 

We've become slightly robotic. We turn up, clap the same same clapper, expect a win,  get the same response in the post match analysis. I've been games under Rodgers that we've won and they're less enjoyable than games we've lost in the Championship because I've actually felt part of something. I don't know if it's my feeling towards football in general at the moment, or if we're still on a comedown from recent success etc, but the fun of going games just really isn't there anymore and I miss it badly.

7 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Aside from the points made already about the problems with our support, I genuinely think a manager with a better connection with the fans would give us a massive lift in the stands. In my opinion Rodgers is only likable when results are coming in. Other managers you accept results don't always go your way but they'd still get the backing win, lose or draw. 

We've become slightly robotic. We turn up, clap the same same clapper, expect a win,  get the same response in the post match analysis. I've been games under Rodgers that we've won and they're less enjoyable than games we've lost in the Championship because I've actually felt part of something. I don't know if it's my feeling towards football in general at the moment, or if we're still on a comedown from recent success etc, but the fun of going games just really isn't there anymore and I miss it badly.

Summed it up perfectly imo

34 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Not sure you can blame Rodgers for this one. He constantly comments about how much it means for the fans to actively back the team and certainly "gets it" in terms of what having a vocal, active and organised support can do for players given the club he joined us from.

People may not have liked his comments the other week about booing players on and not getting behind them, but he was dead right about it. Sometimes fans need to look themselves in the mirror and question whether they really did all they could to help their team over the line in games.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Not sure you can blame Rodgers for this one. He constantly comments about how much it means for the fans to actively back the team and certainly "gets it" in terms of what having a vocal, active and organised support can do for players given the club he joined us from.

People may not have liked his comments the other week about booing players on and not getting behind them, but he was dead right about it. Sometimes fans need to look themselves in the mirror and question whether they really did all they could to help their team over the line in games.

Yeah I agree he understands the importance of good support and making a difference but I just don't think he commands it from our fans for whatever reason. We've always had good or better support down the years when we're led by someone we've had a connection with. That's just how it feels to me anyway.

20 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Yeah I agree he understands the importance of good support and making a difference but I just don't think he commands it from our fans for whatever reason. We've always had good or better support down the years when we're led by someone we've had a connection with. That's just how it feels to me anyway.

It's a cliche but I think to be honest most of our support nowadays only sing when we're winning, whoever's in charge. Take Nigel Pearson, for example. Still lauded on here (rightly, as far as I'm concerned) but there were games when he was in charge where our away ends were super toxic, even though the effort was clearly being put in on the pitch.

Too many just expect to be entertained every single week and won't open up their gobs until they are, while the exact kind of lads you'd expect to carry on whatever are weirdos who act like they're Galatasaray in the concourse but turn into frightened rabbits the second they see a blade of grass.

The worst thing about all this is that this should've been a great season after 18 months of not being able to go.

I know the football and results haven't been spectacular but I can't remember a season like it where our atmosphere and the general behaviour of the fans home and away has been discussed and criticised so often.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Really? Their music was abysmal and their montage dreadful - The fact it is something we are comparing says it all. 

Yesterday there were 3 songs going out in the away stand at one time as you couldn't hear but could see the different arm movements. 

Not great but there definitely seemed more people trying to get things going it just wasn't coordinated. 

Be interesting to know which club copied who with the build up to the fox/wolf on the screen and also that music between the players coming out and kick off

Overall thought their pre-match was much worse than ours

Although appreciated yesterday due to the crap weather I am glad we don’t roll out the flamethrowers for every game, and they ruin their montage with crappy house music or whatever it was as well

2 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Oh I completely agree. I’m not celebrating their plastic artificial atmosphere in any way, shape or form.

I just really, really detest everything about the song we use at the KP lol

I wonder if the fix for the away support is simply, do what we need to do to fix the home support, but I may be reaching. I've not been able to put my finger on our away ends at all. It's so different to other clubs - I've noticed this season our ends have had probably a higher proportion of the demographic you would assume to be vocal (based on other clubs) yet it's been as quiet as ever.

1 hour ago, Voll Blau said:

Exactly that, at the end of the day marginal gains are obviously very important in elite level sport, you see at football all the time the sort of momentum a crowd can create, even if it wins you 1 game a season that could be the difference between 5th and 4th.

I don’t expect us to be a club where we make noise 100% of the time, but our inability to support the team when they need it most means we collectively aren’t doing our bit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RoboFox said:

Geography not our fans' strong point, clearly. 

Niether is history. "Kasper has won more than you". Fvck me. As I said before, someone in front of me at Villa tried to get "Vardy's won more than you" going. 

No wonder other fans think we're idiots.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Niether is history. "Kasper has won more than you". Fvck me. As I said before, someone in front of me at Villa tried to get "Vardy's won more than you" going. 

The very, very weirdest part of all this is we never sing it against teams who we actually have won more than, like West Ham.

It's an absolute embarrassment hearing it sung at places like Goodison Park.

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

The very, very weirdest part of all this is we never sing it against teams who we actually have won more than, like West Ham.

It's an absolute embarrassment hearing it sung at places like Goodison Park.

That's when it's funniest imo. Tinpot clubs that used to be massive but are now largely irrelevant - Everton, Villa, Spurs etc - because they're the most insecure and therefore the biggest risers.

Not every chant sung by every club is entirely accurate and grounded in reality.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

In fairness, I think there’s often a difference of interpretation over what “you” means in this context.

I think most fans singing such songs think it means “any of your current players since they started playing for you”.

Fans on the receiving end tend to interpret it as meaning “your club in its entire history, since it was founded” - hence the outrage. 

Or at least, that’s what I hope! 

• Haha 1