Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

11 hours ago, Corky said:

Can safely say our atmosphere against Watford was better than Liverpool's on the back of winning a trophy and competing on four fronts tonight.

There were points in the first half last night that literally sounded like it was a lockdown/behind closed doors game again. Silent. And that was from both sets of fans.

3 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

There were points in the first half last night that literally sounded like it was a lockdown/behind closed doors game again. Silent. And that was from both sets of fans.

We all know about the up's and downs of atmosphere at our place.

What I would say is English football atmosphere Is at an all time low nationwide. All I see now is concourse singing and rip off chants. 

The only signs of life are at your clubs with organised support and then your Leeds etc.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

We all know about the up's and downs of atmosphere at our place.

What I would say is English football atmosphere Is at an all time low nationwide. All I see now is concourse singing and rip off chants. 

The only signs of life are at your clubs with active support and then your Leeds etc.

Completely agree, I can't quite put my finger on it but it feels flat at a lot of games I've been to and watched on TV. Almost like the country is collectively hungover from the last few years. 

I had thought for us at Leicester it was because we were coming off the back of a peak from the last few years but there's something else, almost a bit of disillusion with modern football at the minute. I went to a Hinckley game a few months ago and it had that raw football feel, beers, smell of burgers and onions, like it was at Leicester when you were a kid. Miss that feeling sometimes with us. 

1 minute ago, lcfc278 said:

Completely agree, I can't quite put my finger on it but it feels flat at a lot of games I've been to and watched on TV. Almost like the country is collectively hungover from the last few years. 

I had thought for us at Leicester it was because we were coming off the back of a peak from the last few years but there's something else, almost a bit of disillusion with modern football at the minute. I went to a Hinckley game a few months ago and it had that raw football feel, beers, smell of burgers and onions, like it was at Leicester when you were a kid. Miss that feeling sometimes with us. 

Yeah I agree. 

Would throw in the fact that we all know deep down how much we are getting ripped off over here, paying through the nose for such a flat football experience. It also being so regimented and controlled really does not help.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Yeah I agree. 

Would throw in the fact that we all know deep down how much we are getting ripped off over here, paying through the nose for such a flat football experience. It also being so regimented and controlled really does not help.

There was a post in a thread a few weeks ago about the club actively avoiding employing people on the corporate side that have an interest/passion for Leicester City, in case they became too emotional or blurred the lines between a business and being a fan. I thought it was ridiculous.

You only have to read the job descriptions for the few positions the club is advertising at the minute, the main objective for people joining is all about new fan acquisition and revenue generation. Existing fanbase is an afterthought now and it's all about profits.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

There was a post in a thread a few weeks ago about the club actively avoiding employing people on the corporate side that have an interest/passion for Leicester City, in case they became too emotional or blurred the lines between a business and being a fan. I thought it was ridiculous.

You only have to read the job descriptions for the few positions the club is advertising at the minute, the main objective for people joining is all about new fan acquisition and revenue generation. Existing fanbase is an afterthought now and it's all about profits.

Crap reading that.

6 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

That post about the club actively avoiding employing fans was not true. I was at the training ground there when the quote was made, and what was posted on here a few weeks ago was not what was said.

Also, they’re extending the stadium, new fan acquisition is absolutely paramount. What do you expect lol

• Thanks 1

On 13/02/2022 at 20:39, iancognito said:

20 odd years back this was the case. I remember a big group interview of about 50 people applying for BTS jobs and them asking STHs to stand up and reconsider why they're there. It's always been this way, if you have a season ticket or you want to see the games etc they actively tell you not to bother applying because the act of working for the club clashes with being a fan. They figure you'll be distracted or some sort of sweary, Bernie-style loon scaring the customers.

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

That post about the club actively avoiding employing fans was not true. I was at the training ground there when the quote was made, and what was posted on here a few weeks ago was not what was said.

Also, they’re extending the stadium, new fan acquisition is absolutely paramount. What do you expect lol

@grobyfox1990 it is this post above that kind of confirmed it, although, it was before the current regime so whether or not it still stands it's obviously something they consider with applicants to jobs.

Like @K1FOX says above it's the way they go about new fan acquisition. I don't have a problem with the desire for fan acquisition, every club does it and they need new generations of fans to want to support Leicester and visit games however, on the flip side there is a high demand there already from current fans and those who can't always go to games but the fact they're priced out of going regularly and then get shafted for food/drinks and poor service alongside it when they're at the games they can go to, that's what gripes. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

@grobyfox1990 it is this post above that kind of confirmed it, although, it was before the current regime so whether or not it still stands it's obviously something they consider with applicants to jobs.

Like @K1FOX says above it's the way they go about new fan acquisition. I don't have a problem with the desire for fan acquisition, every club does it and they need new generations of fans to want to support Leicester and visit games however, on the flip side there is a high demand there already from current fans and those who can't always go to games but the fact they're priced out of going regularly and then get shafted for food/drinks and poor service alongside it when they're at the games they can go to, that's what gripes. 

Ahhh understood, thanks for clarifying.

Can’t comment on food/drink prices as I’ve never bought a thing from the ground. I think our match prices are ok? £10/15 general sale for European games and £30-40 for premier league? Do we ever actually officially sell out games? Still tickets for Leeds albeit members only. STHs frozen for years now right? Personally think that’s v reasonable given the recent success but can they clearly have the scope to lower prices 

Can’t comment on food/drink prices as I’ve never bought a thing from the ground. I think our match prices are ok? £10/15 general sale for European games and £30-40 for premier league? Do we ever actually officially sell out games? Still tickets for Leeds albeit members only. STHs frozen for years now right? Personally think that’s v reasonable given the recent success but can they clearly have the scope to lower prices 

Season tickets are about to be unfrozen unless the fan base kicks up enough of a fuss.

And why many may say it's possibly overdue and the club will put out the line it's for continuing investment in the playing side. Realistically the 8% they are talking about behind closed doors makes them about a million quid a season extra. Peanuts and pays for about 2 players for a month or 2.

• Like 2

I'm not necessarily slagging off just Leicester, it's just PL football as a whole at the minute it just feels like it's take take take. You need a million different services to watch different games unless you get a dodgy box or stream.

At Leicester yeah you're right, some of the games ticket prices have been good, Randers was cheap, I had the Europa League 3 game package which was good. As a member, I have felt like some of the PL games have been seriously overpriced though.

I can't shake the feeling that sometimes it just feels like they want you in, to squeeze what they can out of you and then get you out as quick as possible. Maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic because it's been an underwhelming season I don't know, it has affected the enthusiasm I've had at games this season though I can't lie and I thought after not being able to go to games for so long during 2020 and 2021 that I'd feel the opposite.

• Like 3

Lockdown and no fans in grounds has given clubs a sense of power. They now think they can do what they like and implement measures and controls and people will just accept it. 

Said it before will say it again until we collectively protest our club will lead the way in this kind of stuff. Just look at the wording on the singing section text about standing. It’s like the standing warnings of 10 to 20 years ago. Times have changed. We need to take control back

• Like 3

5 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

I'm not necessarily slagging off just Leicester, it's just PL football as a whole at the minute it just feels like it's take take take. You need a million different services to watch different games unless you get a dodgy box or stream.

At Leicester yeah you're right, some of the games ticket prices have been good, Randers was cheap, I had the Europa League 3 game package which was good. As a member, I have felt like some of the PL games have been seriously overpriced though.

I can't shake the feeling that sometimes it just feels like they want you in, to squeeze what they can out of you and then get you out as quick as possible. Maybe I'm just being overly pessimistic because it's been an underwhelming season I don't know, it has affected the enthusiasm I've had at games this season though I can't lie and I thought after not being able to go to games for so long during 2020 and 2021 that I'd feel the opposite.

I think this is true in much of football in general, just because of the fear of "unpleasant activity" and more a product of what the government/police want than any football club would really desire in ideal circumstances. In all honesty, it is in the economic interest of sports teams to get you in early and keep you after, with time to shop, eat, loiter and, yes, spend money. This is why the new megastadiums in the States are all about onsite experience, because people can come early and visit restaurants/shops. I would never got to the Fan Store on game day here, and only pick up crisps at the stadium if I forgot to stock up at Morrisons. You look at how King Power makes its money: They know the value of a captive market with monopoly service providers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

This is going to be a fantastic thread on here when it gets announced. Staunch KPFC Militants against realists who know a 5% increase (or whatever it is) will be immaterial to the club but so meaningful to a family of 4 who have seen their household bills increase by almost 100%.

This is where head should be used over heart. 

If I need to cut something large from the budget this will be it. Mainly because it's not that much fun anymore.

We just need that lad with the guitar in a pub near the ground somewhere, teaching everyone the lyrics and creating an atmosphere before the game like the Boss does for Liverpool..

Anybody know who the lad on the guitar at Randers was??

3 hours ago, Gwyn said:

We just need that lad with the guitar in a pub near the ground somewhere, teaching everyone the lyrics and creating an atmosphere before the game like the Boss does for Liverpool..

Anybody know who the lad on the guitar at Randers was??

His name was Stephen Cooper (not to be confused with the Forest manager). 

• Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
On 03/03/2022 at 10:17, grobyfox1990 said:

If people can't get that in order for us to improve we need to attract new commercial revenue through new fan acquisition then don't start moaning about us not spending much in the summer.

I sympathise with those that feel left behind but you can't moan about us not spending loads of money and then criticise the club when they try to grow their revenue.

Edited by Chocolate Teapot