Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If people can't get that in order for us to improve we need to attract new commercial revenue through new fan acquisition then don't start moaning about us not spending much in the summer.

I sympathise with those that feel left behind but you can't moan about us not spending loads of money and then criticise the club when they try to grow their revenue.

Why can't you? You're talking about people who *already* generate revenue for the club by shelling out for tickets. Looking after your existing (ugh) "customers" should be a top priority for any (ugh) "business".

Plus, as others have pointed out, whatever miniscule increase in revenue the club can make from flogging slightly more expensive season tickets and slightly more official merch to people with more money than sense is a drop in the ocean compared to revenue made via other means. This alienation of a core element of the actual fanbase in pursuit of some weird fantasy fanbase that exists only in the minds of LCFC execs is so needless.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
19 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Why can't you? You're talking about people who *already* generate revenue for the club by shelling out for tickets. Looking after your existing (ugh) "customers" should be a top priority for any (ugh) "business".

Plus, as others have pointed out, whatever miniscule increase in revenue the club can make from flogging slightly more expensive season tickets and slightly more official merch to people with more money than sense is a drop in the ocean compared to revenue made via other means. This alienation of a core element of the actual fanbase in pursuit of some weird fantasy fanbase that exists only in the minds of LCFC execs is so needless.

You're making a point about capitalism rather than what the club is doing. The club makes significantly more revenue out of corporate fans. Any business focuses on where the most revenue will come from, particularly one with growth ambitions.

I'm not saying that's right by the way but it's the double edged sword of success.

If I'm a business and I have 100 fans, 80 of whom pay 1 pound and 20 of whom pay ten pounds, I'm likely to focus on growing a greater proportion of the twenty as it makes much more sense from simplicity and scale. 

Edited by Chocolate Teapot

50 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

People still going on about season ticket prices funding the club in 2022 :frusty:

I think matchday revenue is just over 10% of total revenue at PL clubs, i know someone who works at Deloitte and works on football finance. But i think that's the point, it's too small, clubs want to increase that percentage.

With apologies to all the well behaved singers on here, noisy football fans have become percieved as loutish over the last 40 years or so. Mostly because many are or have been loutish. It is a culture that can bring out the naughtiness in the nicest of us

Our wonderful Thai raised owners and our, I believe, middle class management are probably going to feel more comfortable with and relate better to the prawn sandwich brigade,......its not just the business advantages.

Edited by He aint bald
reducing waffle

10 hours ago, 23ismyfavnumb said:

Not trying to be rude but the KP is granny feast 😂 too many retired folks in there 

However, succeeding to be rude, great 2nd post :unsure:. Great that you've chosen Vestegaard's number for your nickname...are you his daughter/son?

Edited by norwichfox

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Don't slag off the old folk.

They were there when it was dire.

You'll be old one day too.

18 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

This alienation of a core element of the actual fanbase in pursuit of some weird fantasy fanbase that exists only in the minds of LCFC execs is so needless.

The only real untapped market within the city itself would be the rugby lot, but they're unlikely to switch codes now the Tigers are good again. Opportunity missed. :ph34r:

Seriously speaking though, I don't think they're naive in the boardroom - the plan will absolutely be to start pulling in nondescript 'Premier League' fans from overseas. The interest I saw while out in Canada was the league itself rather than some rabid loyalty to any one team. The ambition when visiting the UK is just to see a 'Premier League' game.

Don't get me wrong - I absolutely hate the thought of us having even a fraction of the overseas day trippers you see at Greedy Six clubs, but I have seen enough from the outside looking in to know that there's absolutely untapped potential there. It's the only realistic way the club are going to squeeze additional matchday revenue out of fans beyond the usual ticket and a pint most of us will pay for.

We're a bigger deal than a lot of us think. Everyone with a passing interest in footy knows the Leicester story, and our bigger current stars. I'm certain the execs intend to tap into that, even on a small basis, as part of any plans for expansion.

4 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Don't slag off the old folk.

They were there when it was dire.

You'll be old one day too.

I can confirm that the last six months of following Leicester has aged me about fourty years.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

The only real untapped market within the city itself would be the rugby lot, but they're unlikely to switch codes now the Tigers are good again. Opportunity missed. :ph34r:

Seriously speaking though, I don't think they're naive in the boardroom - the plan will absolutely be to start pulling in nondescript 'Premier League' fans from overseas. The interest I saw while out in Canada was the league itself rather than some rabid loyalty to any one team. The ambition when visiting the UK is just to see a 'Premier League' game.

Don't get me wrong - I absolutely hate the thought of us having even a fraction of the overseas day trippers you see at Greedy Six clubs, but I have seen enough from the outside looking in to know that there's absolutely untapped potential there. It's the only realistic way the club are going to squeeze additional matchday revenue out of fans beyond the usual ticket and a pint most of us will pay for.

We're a bigger deal than a lot of us think. Everyone with a passing interest in footy knows the Leicester story, and our bigger current stars. I'm certain the execs intend to tap into that, even on a small basis, as part of any plans for expansion.

How many Tigers fans actually live in the City though?

Their match going fanbase is much less loca than ours

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MattFox said:

How many Tigers fans actually live in the City though?

Their match going fanbase is much less loca than ours

Well I live in the city now and if i was forced to pick a Rugby team, it'd be Wasps since a relative of mine plays for them. 😅

Rugby League is better anyway. Way more passhun.

• Like 1