Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

7 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

I could see at least 20-30 people around me watching F1 on their phones in the first half. One guy screaming “come on” to the race. So many annoying people every where today. 

Newcastle fans were brilliant today. Fair play. If we were losing 4-0 I’d be gone. 

Truly depressing 

17 minutes ago, sm1 said:

😄 Sums up our support. I think we need the goal music just to wake up half the crowd.

I’m not in the Kop or L1 but surrounded by old dudes in brown leather jackets. They’re not going to be creating much of an atmosphere with or without the F1 race. 

Nobody could’ve realistically expected us to win so comfortably today.  

32 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Our home atmosphere is unfortunately beyond repair now due to many factors. The club do not want us to have organic support. It needs to be cookie cutter, manufactured ‘support’. Clappers, T-shirt cannons, light shows, goal music and it now seems bullish external security to throw their weight around on supporters who are trying to support the team. This was clearest to me when we had supporters trying to stop UFS create a genuine, organic improvement to the support in the Legia home game. 

I know that many don’t seem to care what other teams think of our support, but I’m part of a minority that do. Aside from the rare away when we turn up, it’s all but dead. 

Yep.  There's no question the club are trying to neuter any type of organic atmosphere...which is in itself bizarre, but the fact they are now getting security to clamp down on the fans just shows the length they are willing to go.

Fan culture in England is almost gone, some clubs are hanging onto it, ours is not.  I'm seriously thinking of never attending another home game and saving up for trips to European games and MLS games where creating an atmosphere is actively encouraged and clubs allow fan culture to grow.

44 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

This was clearest to me when we had supporters trying to stop UFS create a genuine, organic improvement to the support in the Legia home game. 

I never thought of it like that, and you may be right. So many are now indoctrinated that I think it's probably beyond repair, the tradition that has been passed down through generations has gone. It's become like a trip to the King Power Football theme park, or maybe Wally World.

Edited by Vestan Pance

46 minutes ago, adam said:

Why did we have those new stewards today. Bloke wouldn't let me past him without me showing him my ticket. Never seen that before. Thought he was the covid police but he was some security bod. 

I did the same. I showed him my passport and he said “no, season ticket please mate!” 

Thrown a scupper when he was presented with printed tickets as I’m a fox member. He scrutinised every little detail on the ticket before saying “okay, that seems fine.”

What a waste of money. The turnstiles will either reject me or let me in. I don’t need some goon breathing down my neck before I got the to Covid police.

55 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Our home atmosphere is unfortunately beyond repair now due to many factors. The club do not want us to have organic support. It needs to be cookie cutter, manufactured ‘support’. Clappers, T-shirt cannons, light shows, goal music and it now seems bullish external security to throw their weight around on supporters who are trying to support the team. This was clearest to me when we had supporters trying to stop UFS create a genuine, organic improvement to the support in the Legia home game. 

I know that many don’t seem to care what other teams think of our support, but I’m part of a minority that do. Aside from the rare away when we turn up, it’s all but dead. 

Too many think any form of criticism or going against the clubs wishes is some form of disloyalty.

• Like 3

It used to be the case 15 mins before kick off the fans would start chants and the atmosphere would build up. No goal music just pure emotion.

Nowadays the biggest emotion is on 38 mins when the mass evacuation starts for the kiosk. Really is like going the theatre. 

58 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

T shirt cannons? Please tell me you made that up.

9 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

The main question here is how the hell have they got good enough 5G signal to stream bloody F1? I struggle to get WhatsApp messages in KP when the stadium is half full. 

I’ve no idea. Maybe it was pixelated? I’m not a mobile phone signal expert? Maybe they have a better network or phone than you? 

Edited by Master Fox

18 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

Look around at any song that gets going & you'll  see the drones using the clappers.  It's not even a song/chant that you'd normally clap along to. 
it's the majority of people , put it to a vote to bin the clappers or not & clappers will win. 

Was most most noticeable during "Vichai had a dream" today. Mindless bashing during bits you don't clap at, song dies as a result as it puts people singing it off their rhythm.

How anyone can claim they add to support is beyond me. They drain the life out of the ground.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Master Fox said:

I’ve no idea. Maybe it was pixelated? I’m not a mobile phone signal expert? Maybe they have a better network or phone than you? 

I’ve got an iPhone 13 Pro Max so it’s definitely not my phone lol. I have tried both EE and Three. Mate is on Vodafone and has the same issue - it just seems surprising that they can stream anything, pixelated or not.

6 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I’ve got an iPhone 13 Pro Max so it’s definitely not my phone lol. I have tried both EE and Three. Mate is on Vodafone and has the same issue - it just seems surprising that they can stream anything, pixelated or not.

You should ask the people watching other sports on their phones what networks they’re using. Failing that, ask the club to put the F1 or Rugby up on the jumbotron (big screen) so you can watch it. 

Edited by Master Fox
  • Haha 1