Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

The Leeds fans made more noise walking from the Counting House than they did inside the stadium. They were like excitable kids outside before the match. What was going on with that full bus of Thames Valley Whites trying to get down Raw Dykes Road after the match? Did they not know it was a 12:30 kick off? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jackubu said:

Blaming the old folk for our poor atmosphere is the biggest myth amongst our fanbase. Time after time we have away ends  of young lads throwing beer over themselves in the concourse before going into the stands and being silent for the entire match. Burnley away was prime for it, group of about 10 lads spent more time trying to argue with the home fans rather than singing. It's a boring rhetoric which doesnt land with me, our biggest issue is with younger lads doing sweet fa.

This is spot  on.  Acting all the big men before a game, goading their own fans, acting like spoilt children get into the ground that stoned and pissed they can hardly stand, let alone sing.

Can't believe we've had sixty pages laying bare the absolute state of our atmosphere, then have the teverity to complain that Leeds, staring relegation in the face and with their generational legend of a manager shown his P45 last week, were a little more subdued than usual. :whistle:

They still outsung us most of the game, folks. Stones in glass houses.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

Can't believe we've had sixty pages laying bare the absolute state of our atmosphere, then have the teverity to complain that Leeds, staring relegation in the face and with their generational legend of a manager shown his P45 last week, were a little more subdued than usual. :whistle:

They still outsung us most of the game, folks. Stones in glass houses.

Very true. I couldn't get to the game, but on BT, other than when we scored, (and that was mainly clackers) and in the 92nd minute for some reason, I couldn't really hear our fans.

On the other hand Leeds came across throughout. Living in Leeds, and surrounded by Leeds fans, (friends and family) it was a bit embarrassing. Good job we won!

14 minutes ago, Twitcher said:

Very true. I couldn't get to the game, but on BT, other than when we scored, (and that was mainly clackers) and in the 92nd minute for some reason, I couldn't really hear our fans.

On the other hand Leeds came across throughout. Living in Leeds, and surrounded by Leeds fans, (friends and family) it was a bit embarrassing. Good job we won!

Where abouts in Leeds if you don’t mind me asking? 

On 04/03/2022 at 09:21, Lako42 said:

This is where head should be used over heart. 

If I need to cut something large from the budget this will be it. Mainly because it's not that much fun anymore.

....it is pretty much saturated coverage, you can get football 24/7, much like cricket it is far too readily available!!!

Hard to get too enthused about cricket nowadays. Back in the days John Player League on a Sunday and test match when teams were touring. You don't get the same feelings anymore waiting for the next test match or looking forward to Sunday knowing your County will be the featured game.