Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

52 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Not sure what the goal music issue is to be honest. I’m all for a good atmosphere and this invokes fond memories of the 20mins I spent inside the Estádio do Dragão in 2016 🥰 

We had goal music during our best few seasons atmosphere wise at KP. I think it’s barking up the wrong tree in terms of thinking that stopping it will improve things 

Goal music can work but you have to find the right song. Ours is flat and as many say, kills any spontaneous goal celebration.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Goal music can work but you have to find the right song. Ours is flat and as many say, kills any spontaneous goal celebration.

I disagree to be honest. As I say, we’ve had the goal music for years and our atmosphere was the best in the country. 

If music is ruining the spontaneity of a celebration, then it won’t matter which song gets picked

Most of the stadium usually breaks out into Carnival Du Paris on their own accord anyway. That’s as regimented as goal music 

Like I say, I’m not pro goal music at all. I just don’t think it affects the atmosphere as much as some think. 

The clappers on the other hand…

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

3 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I disagree to be honest. As I say, we’ve had the goal music for years and our atmosphere was the best in the country. 

If music is ruining the spontaneity of a celebration, then it won’t matter which song gets picked

Most of the stadium usually breaks out into Carnival Du Paris on their own accord anyway. That’s as regimented as goal music 

Like I say, I’m not pro goal music at all. I just don’t think it affects the atmosphere as much as some think. 

The clappers on the other hand…

Well I am kind of saying goal music isn't all bad but it needs to be well picked. It's a bit of a catch 22. It drowns out cheering/chanting but on the other side gets people to join in who would otherwise be quiet.

Examples of goal music I like would be Borussia Monchengladbach who use a Scooter song and there are probably some other decent ones in Germany (and probably throughout Europe).

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Well I am kind of saying goal music isn't all bad but it needs to be well picked. It's a bit of a catch 22. It drowns out cheering/chanting but on the other side gets people to join in who would otherwise be quiet.

Examples of goal music I like would be Borussia Monchengladbach who use a Scooter song and there are probably some other decent ones in Germany (and probably throughout Europe).

Scooter? 😂

‘Get on my raving shoes and boarded a plane’

What a time to be alive the early 00’s were 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Not sure what the goal music issue is to be honest. I’m all for a good atmosphere and this invokes fond memories of the 20mins I spent inside the Estádio do Dragão in 2016 🥰 

We had goal music during our best few seasons atmosphere wise at KP. I think it’s barking up the wrong tree in terms of thinking that stopping it will improve things 

I don’t think ending goal music will necessarily improve the atmosphere during the game, as such. 

It should be banned because it ruins goal celebrations - as well as being generally shit and embarrassingly naff. 

The reason why the atmosphere was good in 2016 was because, erm, it was out most successful season ever. 

Nothing to do with any of the club’s paraphernalia for me - as evidenced by the fact we have goal music and clappers now and the atmosphere is crap

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Witnessed it first hand at Gladbach and it really works. Was it Wolfsburg who had Coldplay a few years ago? They even made that sound great!

Not a fan of it here though. Natural goal celebrations feed into spontaneous songs and more people getting involved. The current situation does the absolute opposite.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, leicesterseddon said:

I don’t think ending goal music will necessarily improve the atmosphere during the game, as such. 

It should be banned because it ruins goal celebrations - as well as being generally shit and embarrassingly naff. 

The reason why the atmosphere was good in 2016 was because, erm, it was out most successful season ever. 

Nothing to do with any of the club’s paraphernalia for me - as evidenced by the fact we have goal music and clappers now and the atmosphere is crap

I know what you’re saying. As I say, I’m not pro goal music at all.

The worst we’ve ever had was Chelsea Dagger 😩

46 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Witnessed it first hand at Gladbach and it really works. Was it Wolfsburg who had Coldplay a few years ago? They even made that sound great!

Not a fan of it here though. Natural goal celebrations feed into spontaneous songs and more people getting involved. The current situation does the absolute opposite.

Another thing I enjoy in Germany (and happens a lot throughout Europe) is the fans shouting out the lineup just before kick off (and for goalscorers). I can never see that happen here.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

This is an interesting point actually. I've been at PSV where they made zombie nation sound wicked. Maybe if it was possible to make it more player centric I'd buy in to it. Impossible I know but zombie nation blasting out when mahrez was here or even gala when vardy bagged would seem better. Imagine the limbs when pitbull blasts out as big Dan scores a late winner lol

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Another thing I enjoy in Germany (and happens a lot throughout Europe) is the fans shouting out the lineup just before kick off (and for goalscorers). I can never see that happen here.

Birch tried it a few seasons ago. It never really took off so was binned

2 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

JANNICK!!……

Boooooooooooo

• Haha 1

Here in Sevilla after a goal they yell the players name, (not immediately after, the po guy says for example 

Gol marcado por jules... 

And the fans say KOUNDE

that's decent. Goal music should be shot into the sun along with clappers though 

I get the younger crowd likes some of these things but there is a middle ground, the worst thing I've heard is people singing along to the goal music, absolutely horrible, ain't nothing to even sing just the beat as well! Horrible stuff! 

Edited by NasPb
  • Like 3

Guest David Oldfields Gate

I'd be down for different fan groups having the chance to "design the experience" now and again. Taking the singing section idea one step further for example but also choosing pre match build up (or not), goal music (or not), post match etc etc 

Fan democracy and all that. Someone back me on this.

5 hours ago, leicesterseddon said:

Interesting that you can correlate us playing great football to our great atmosphere for 2016 yet can't correlate us playing like shit to a shit atmosphere.

The clappers undoubtedly have served a purpose whether anyone likes it or not. I remember the difference they made for the 1st leg of the Watford play off game. Yes they might have ran their course but they aren't the cause of any problems.

1 minute ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

being in the section against rennes made me realise just how bad the clappers are, seeing the whole of the east stand sat there just whacking them along to the song. the noise they make is horrendous as well

I'm to the left of UFS every week and that's the but that ****s me off the most, as soon as a song/chant gets going you get the horrible slaping noise of 20000 using clappers. Clearly the club like the fact they think it is getting everyone involved, but it kills any lyrics.

I'd love to know if the players enjoy playing with that horrible monotonous drone going on in the background. And as you say you look up and its like 8000 lemmings in the east stand lol