Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

I had a bit of a moan about goal music, pre and post match music and clappers to that LCFC email and got a reply from Jim this morning. 

"Thank you for your email. We appreciate your thoughts on the points raised. The issues were raised at the recent FCC and the club are looking at all things matchday for the new season.

Kind regards

Jim"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sadly it’s happening across all sports, I’m unable to upload the video of this little kid asking Andy Murray for his hat the other day at Indian wells. At first he said no as he only bought a couple, but then a few seconds later he said go on then as I feel bad.. 

this is their equipment and what they go on court with, what next their rackets? 

back to football it’s making the clubs into laughing stocks as the away end yesterday has already made football away days on Twitter.. how many signs are there going to be at old Trafford in April being a distance away. I may sound a Scrooge but If players want to donate their tops to a picked lucky person in the crowd then so be it, but begging ain’t a good sight.. but that’s my view 

Other than European ones, this in a nutshell is why I can’t be arsed with any more away games at the minute. 

Before we go onto how shit we are away from home, half of the enjoyment is the craic of the day out and away end. I must have done 7 or 8 this season and the only one I enjoyed was Warsaw.

The Forest one was the final straw for me. Wasted far too much money on shit days out in the company of weirdos. 

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Other than European ones, this in a nutshell is why I can’t be arsed with any more away games at the minute. 

Before we go onto how shit we are away from home, half of the enjoyment is the craic of the day out and away end. I must have done 7 or 8 this season and the only one I enjoyed was Warsaw.

The Forest one was the final straw for me. Wasted far too much money on shit days out in the company of weirdos. 

Exactly where I am with it

Until they stop handing out 29000 clappers at home games, play crappy goal music, and drown out end-of-game applause after a win with pathetic music ... i still find away games vastly more enjoyable, even if it's not particularly good.

I realise comparing 'poor' to 'abysmal' is not exactly positive, but at the moment it's the best we can do!

• Like 3

Can’t see why they can’t just have a game,

eg Palace in a few weeks where they have no clappers or goal music and just get some decent pre match music that fits in with the history montage and see how it goes. When I get to my seat I just put the clapper on the floor, no need for them anymore. Perhaps we should have ‘always look on the bright side of life’ when we concede a goal just to confuse the away fans

Edited by whetstonefox

8 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Can’t see why they can’t just have a game,

eg Palace in a few weeks where they have no clappers or goal music and just get some decent pre match music that fits in with the history montage and see how it goes. When I get to my seat I just put the clapper on the floor, no need for them anymore. Perhaps we should have ‘always look on the bright side of life’ when we concede a goal just to confuse the away fans

It wouldn’t work as it’ll need a transitional period where certain fans work out what to do without a clapper.

Take the clappers away and it’ll get worse before it gets better. Doing it for one game only will only allow the club to say ‘told you so’. Then they’ll be here forever 

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

The success of the singing sections recently must have been an eye opener to at least some people at the club. Surely they must know the benefits of designating a section of the ground for fans that want to create an atmosphere far outweighs some complaints. In the long term, it doesn't serve them well to placate the fans the will complain about any disruption over the far greater number of fans that want a section to boost the atmosphere.

Spot on. Makes such a difference. Love it when the crowd gets behind the team. I come home beaming with pride. 

3 hours ago, Asha said:

lol **** sake.

I remember when I was a kid/early teen. I stood outside the players' entrance at the KP after some games and when one of my favourite players came out, Joey Gudjonsson for example, I'd say something like "good game Joey", "Please beat Southampton next week" etc etc. Got a wink and maybe a fist bump. That was enough, just that bit of interaction with one of my heroes made my week.

Now it's like, "HEY GIVE ME SOMETHING." 

Begging is allowed and totally accepted at football grounds now, apparently. 

Absolutely this. In Ireland there was a trend of kids running onto the pitch to get boots or a shirt from players at the end of an international football or rugby match. Where's the shame?

3 hours ago, MS0204 said:

Sadly it’s happening across all sports, I’m unable to upload the video of this little kid asking Andy Murray for his hat the other day at Indian wells. At first he said no as he only bought a couple, but then a few seconds later he said go on then as I feel bad.. 

this is their equipment and what they go on court with, what next their rackets? 

back to football it’s making the clubs into laughing stocks as the away end yesterday has already made football away days on Twitter.. how many signs are there going to be at old Trafford in April being a distance away. I may sound a Scrooge but If players want to donate their tops to a picked lucky person in the crowd then so be it, but begging ain’t a good sight.. but that’s my view 

'Ronnie O'Sullivan is out of the world championship after giving his cue to a fan with a sign during frame 3.'

4 minutes ago, Nalis said:

'Ronnie O'Sullivan is out of the world championship after giving his cue to a fan with a sign during frame 3.'

Haha, my point being if they come off a training court or snooker practice session as you mentioned Ronnie, then fans shouldn’t be asking for their equipment they will be using for matches, instead think of buying something to sign prior