Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

32 minutes ago, los dedos said:

The whole ethos of the club is aimed towards families and friendly happy smiling players. All very nice but having that edge on the terraces and pitch can make a difference in certain games.

It certainly did on Thursday.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

Crazy how 5 years ago we had signs like this… now we have kids begging for shirts instead

89946B3D-C2B6-46AE-8E03-1CCFB72D6200.jpeg

Remember that Slimani penalty in stoppage time against Middlesbrough? The 3 kids holding their breath praying he'd score. Not a phone in sight

Edited by TK95
  • Like 2

By all accounts it wasn't good on Sunday, but I'm not losing too much sleep over a lousy away end at Arsenal.

For some reason, we seem to bring out our absolute worst away support for that ground.   There are far too many "tourists" or "once-ers", and so many people seem to go there to admire the ground and general ambiance, rather than actually try and support the team.    I've given up going to the Emirates, even though it's fairly easy for me to get to.

It was even pretty poor in our title year.   That was 8 days after we'd beaten Man City away, and we should've been bouncing off the walls.   It should have been absolutely electric, but the support was terrible.   It was like 25% were trying to sing and 75% were just standing there.   I think all the people who had saved up a high priority were there, instead of the usual crowd.    I'm also fairly sure there were people there who hadn't even been to a match before.  They just didn't have the first clue as to what to do or where to look.       For the importance of the match ... it was so bad, it was actually weird.

I subsequently went to Watford, Palace and Sundnerland ... and the atmosphere was brilliant.   Likewise earlier in the season, I'd been to the likes of Stoke and Southampton, and again, there were good atmospheres.   In fact, Stoke was absolutely mental - the best all season I'd say.

The point is ... our away support isn't brilliant, but it generally seems better at less fashionable places.   and pretty poor at the so-called "famous" grounds like Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd, where too many people are going to admire that ground.   Some years back I went to Anfield, and the lad next to me was disappointed when the City fans were trying to sing over "You'll never walk alone".   It's like he was only there to watch the Kop.  FFS.

Give me away to Stoke and West Brom any day!

• Like 2

On 15/03/2022 at 09:29, Voll Blau said:

Come on then, time to make this end at Rennes look like a church. Who's up for a bit of fence scaling on Thursday? :cool:

I forgot how passionate French fans are, its really a different world.

I wonder what they think of the fans in england.lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrokenRecord said:

Right, how can our owners look at Rennes last night and not want the same atmosphere for us? Maybe the guy on the PA leading the chants was a bit much, but that ground was so loud, and the banner behind the goal looked cracking. 

The club are massively out of touch on generating the power of the 12th man imo. I even read that they only begrudgingly allowed the use of the 'let slip the dogs og war' tifo back in the day. No offence but that's exactly the kind of thing fans remember as opposed to those blue and gold banners they had the fans hold up in the Europa. 

Take notes from Rennes, even the Krakow 'Kneel before the king' was brilliant. 

As much as I agree with you, we have an atmosphere group that try hard and they are accused of being 'wannabe ultras' and are scoffed at by many of own fans. Can't really win to be honest. The biggest issue is with the club wanting to promote this very safe, family friendly image. I'm not against the club wanting to appeal to families but it's like they are trying to appeal exclusively to middle class families with young children. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I'm not sure what the club could do if enough fans wanted to change the atmosphere.  I know the GB in Celtic had constant hassle for years before the club relented.

You don’t need that ultra nonsense to have a good atmosphere. You don’t need silly little flags and bouncing up and down singing songs with no words to create a atmosphere. Filbert street had a good atmosphere with out it. The ultra stuff is a European thing and has no place in England. Why the ufs aren’t taken seriously. Walking around in black t shirts with their logos on and waving little flags. There’s one lad who stands with them I’m not joking basically has his back turned all game bouncing up and down…

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

You don’t need that ultra nonsense to have a good atmosphere. You don’t need silly little flags and bouncing up and down singing songs with no words to create a atmosphere. Filbert street had a good atmosphere with out it. The ultra stuff is a European thing and has no place in England. Why the ufs aren’t taken seriously. Walking around in black t shirts with their logos on and waving little flags. There’s one lad who stands with them I’m not joking basically has his back turned all game bouncing up and down…

I really can't imagine having an objection to people jumping up and down at a football match. Also, we last played at Filbert Street 20 years-ago. Things have changed a lot since then. Leeds are probably the only club in the top flight who have a good old school atmosphere. The issue with that is you need mass buy in and Leicester will never have that, especially while we've got cardboard clappers, goal music and the like. 

Union FS were responsible for the singing sections which have been a resounding success. The one against Rennes last week in particular was fantastic. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

That may be the case, but at this moment in time we need absolutely ****ing anything. Our atmosphere is the worst in the league by miles and moaning about people trying to change that is only making it worse. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Sounds like a good lad tbh

I am fairly confident the players would love to have a stadium full of fans like that who are supporting the team and creating a wall of noise rather than 27k home fans sitting on their arse in absolute silence that they usually get. 

• Like 3

I miss the Filbo atmosphere as much as anyone but we shouldn't get stuck in the past. The challenge is there for the next generations to create something great from an all time low, how they do it is up to them.

32 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

I miss the Filbo atmosphere as much as anyone but we shouldn't get stuck in the past. The challenge is there for the next generations to create something great from an all time low, how they do it is up to them.

Open up an old age pensioner zone when they expand the stadium. Prioritise anyone with certain tatoos, liver disease and a Brauny accent. Old generation can bring back a bit of Filbo atmosphere and the newer generation can do their thing too. 

Most of us oldies have socially matured with time, but still, expect some at the ground and on here, to be very very offended. 

EDIT the new COP (Conked Out Pensioners)

Edited by He aint bald

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

The UFS guys aren't in any way ultras and at least they try and create an atmosphere (apart from the Maddison song which is a bit wank) There's nowhere else in the ground making a noise. L & K are over next to the away fans flicking v signs and barely getting a song going.

As much as I loved Filbert Street nights under the lights, those days are gone and unless someone makes a stand and tries to change all this goal music bollocks and the general stale atmosphere provided from the Matchday Experience Crew, we'll end up with an atmosphere usually seen at an England v Luxembourg Euro qualifier.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1