Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

1 hour ago, FoxesDeb said:

Lots of our fanbase, and also the club, didn't get it after the title winning season. We've rapidly gone from having one of the best atmospheres in the league to one of the worst. 

Until we can get all the like minded people in safe standing in the same part of the ground I really can't see how it will change. Unfortunately we just have far too many match going fans who really don't seem arsed about being the twelfth man and are only happy if they are being entertained and can aimlessly bang a clapper. 

So true, the problem is the obsession with a sellout stadium imo. Working class young lads can't always afford season tickets, they won't want to bother with buying tickets upfront and if it's mostly a sell out, will assume no availibility. Make more capacity for people to go to the football and know tickets are available and you'll have a better atmosphere i reckon

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

If people from within the fanbase, and club cannot see it after some of these games in Europe, namely the other night where the atmosphere was genuinely brilliant then they'll never get it. Rennes' set up was excellent, one proper 'end' but the others did get involved quite frequently as well, and one thing I thought as well that I associate more with English than Europeans is how heavily they reacted to everything as well. It was like the best of both English and European merged.

It does not surprise me one bit how good they are at home on the pitch with that backing.

The club don't want it.  They get it, but don't want it. 

The senior management (and I mean by that Susan whelan) wants to attract more supporters from non traditional sources; Asian families, elderly women, quiet people, nice people, people 'who say please and thank you'. I guess an americanisation of the crowd. 

I noticed a sea change in Rennes - the club staff appeared much more relaxed and friendly than they were in Warsaw (where they gave off a nervous, distrustful, sneering, anti helpful vibe)  knowing they were amongst  the normal core of Bus 1s in Rennes as opposed to the white working class male almost exclusively seen in warsaw

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

I don’t understand why this disqualifies current fans creating a dedicated section of the ground for the most vocal, partisan support to gather. The movement isn’t based around anything untoward. 

Totally agree. 

Total guesswork on my part, but  I reckon the club feel traditionally the young, boozed up, white working class males who sing (often offensive) songs has been a deterrent to inclusivity.  

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Totally agree. 

Total guesswork on my part, but  I reckon the club feel traditionally the young, boozed up, white working class males who sing (often offensive) songs has been a deterrent to inclusivity.  

An active communication with us might introduce some nuance to that…

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Totally agree. 

Most songs aren't offensive mate.... I think the club just wants to control the match day experience to the max. Can't let that happen. We have the worst home support in the league 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NasPb said:

Most songs aren't offensive mate.... I think the club just wants to control the match day experience to the max. Can't let that happen. We have the worst home support in the league 

Not offensive to you, me and anyone remotely in the football family, but an outsider to the game itself (as whelan is) hearing shit/vvanker/bstard/fvck ( 'cock king massive')  every other song doesn’t find it  palatable. 

I repeat, it's only a guess, I just feel the club don't want that and are subtly trying to discourage/dampen the traditional demographic of supporter 

12 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Not offensive to you, me and anyone remotely in the football family, but an outsider to the game itself (as whelan is) hearing shit/vvanker/bstard/fvck ( 'cock king massive')  every other song doesn’t find it  palatable. 

I repeat, it's only a guess, I just feel the club don't want that and are subtly trying to discourage/dampen the traditional demographic of supporter 

That's one chant mate lol.... I don't like it but let's not generalise

Guest David Oldfields Gate
40 minutes ago, NasPb said:

If we aren't happy with our atmosphere we need direct action, do something to make it known.... Can't just complain. I'd say even a protest or passing out leaflets. Or trending on Twitter. What ever I'm just sick of our lethargic crowd and horrible goal music and clappers. People don't realise we'd prob have made champions league with even a decent atmosphere like in the championship 

This.⬆️

How about we pick a match, all arrive two hours early and make a right noise outside, pyro, flags, banners whatever. It will highlight the possible, and how atmosphere is sucked away as soon as you pass a turnstile. Remember the Italians in Viccy park during the title season? Like that but two thousand of us. Bring booze. Go mental. Sunny day. Have it.

4 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

This.⬆️

How about we pick a match, all arrive two hours early and make a right noise outside, pyro, flags, banners whatever. It will highlight the possible, and how atmosphere is sucked away as soon as you pass a turnstile. Remember the Italians in Viccy park during the title season? Like that but two thousand of us. Bring booze. Go mental. Sunny day. Have it.

Can someone zip tie themselves to the post with a t shirt saying ‘stop goal music’ 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

This.⬆️

LCFC would shut any idea of further consultation on the grounds that they’d never allow pyro inside the stadium. 

Taking it to outside the ground doesn’t mean you want it inside the ground in the future, but they’d still close the door in your face. 

• Like 1

Not condoning anything but L1 are banned from having clappers because apparently we chucked some onto the pitch and they were described as missiles.

Imagine if some fans around the rest of the  whole stadium did this.......not condoning that in any way obviously 🙄

• Like 2

2 hours ago, splinterdream said:

So true, the problem is the obsession with a sellout stadium imo. Working class young lads can't always afford season tickets, they won't want to bother with buying tickets upfront and if it's mostly a sell out, will assume no availibility. Make more capacity for people to go to the football and know tickets are available and you'll have a better atmosphere i reckon

Hence why random Tuesday night League Cup games often end up with decent atmospheres, because lads who would have an ST if they could get their day out.

Always makes me laugh the English obsession that empty seats = bad support. It's about what you can hear, not what you can see!

• Like 3