Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

27 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’m interested to hear more on this as I was there for 3 days and saw nothing other than locals welcoming us and wanting to drink with us pre and post-match, great policing (actually engaging with the fans and not locking us in post-match like a herd of cattle) and one of the best away ends in terms of noise and support that I’ve seen from us in the last 20 years.

Yeah would also love to hear what our scumbag fans apparently did in Randers. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I think the problem is the Venn diagram of "ultra displays" and "hooliganism" is so fuzzy.

I mean, I am the poster child of everything lots of posters hate on this site: Middle-aged guy who sits in the Family Stand with my wife and primary school kids. I use my clapper, I love the pregame montages (now we have two! Goosebumps!); could care less about the goal music debate, although I love watching my 8-year-old dance to it. 

However, I like the tifo displays (I share them on social media! I am an influencer, it seems), and like the chants.

BUT

You just see the idiots. I hated losing to Forest, but if karma exists, there's some proof. Our "fans" embarrassed our club before, during, and after the game. The boorish behaviour of some of those in Randers, etc. etc. The violent stupidity shown in the stadium during the Napoli and Warsaw games. You sometimes see it on this forum, with a certain glee when things "kick off".

Again, what is the intersection of the Venn diagram? Do people wanting a better atmosphere want to tolerate hooliganism (even in its milder, "hey, it's just banter"! form)? Of course not! But do most of the junior (and not so junior) goons think they are supporting "football culture"? Yep.

I sympathise with the club directors, who want to stamp this out, and until we can regularly keep it from "kicking off" on our most prestigious nights, I doubt the club will fully support a more boisterous atmosphere.

Nothing in life is black and white. Particularly in football where you have a uniting force but such a huge difference in multiple ranges of an individual. So the ‘Venn diagram’ for me is nonsense. I could go for hours about how ultras are this mind blowing mix of contrasting themes.  

I’d like to think in a relatively modern society the UK has created that if authorities started to show some more respect to vocal supporters then it would be reflected in their behaviour. Tactics such as nominated bars and making supporters travel forty minutes from a city to collect tickets are antagonistic. There are societal problems such as the increase of drug taking but that’s a background theme that football clubs or fans will find difficult to control. In Randers, there was a police force and stewarding what showed respect and understanding - they got it back in heaps. 

There was no Leicester fans involved in the Legia trouble. The Napoli incident was incredibly poor policing. Forest was a bizarre kick off time in the context - authorities didn’t even attempt to control it in more logical ways (additional football only trains). 

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah would also love to hear what our scumbag fans apparently did in Randers. 

Didn’t happen in Randers. A poster on here mentioned that a few Leicester lads starting acting whoppers in Aarhus post match but it was incidental type stuff which happens with drunken idiots in most European cities - pushing bikes over etc 

15 hours ago, splinterdream said:

So true, the problem is the obsession with a sellout stadium imo. Working class young lads can't always afford season tickets, they won't want to bother with buying tickets upfront and if it's mostly a sell out, will assume no availibility. Make more capacity for people to go to the football and know tickets are available and you'll have a better atmosphere i reckon

If they can’t be bothered to buy tickets a profit making entity is not going to wait for them lol. Do home games ever sell out? Europe is on general sale, every league game goes to season ticket holder guest sale, if you actually like watching your team make a tiny bit of effort and go and see them play. Can’t expect the club to turn away ticket holders coz some lads who may make some noise could or could not be arsed to turn up on the day 

45 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I’m interested to hear more on this as I was there for 3 days and saw nothing other than locals welcoming us and wanting to drink with us pre and post-match, great policing (actually engaging with the fans and not locking us in post-match like a herd of cattle) and one of the best away ends in terms of noise and support that I’ve seen from us in the last 20 years.

Some were throwing bikes into the water, at least according to Twitter.

EDIT: My bad, a poster says it was in Aachus, not Randers. I apologise for the error, but stand by the gist of the post.

Edited by MarriedaLeicesterGirl
Doubled up on the quote texr

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

This atmosphere is beyond funny now

It absolutely stinks of a pre season

I hope the club are noticing just how bad the atmosphere is without a singing section.

Surely they can't be oblivious to it!

Guest David Oldfields Gate
44 minutes ago, adam said:

Why do people **** off home early when the game is in the balance. Trying to hang on for a win and playing in front of half a crowd. Like I've said before I'm still not convinced a lot of people who watch us actually like football. 

Agree. They should lock the f'in gates.

15 minutes ago, lee7 said:

I hope the club are noticing just how bad the atmosphere is without a singing section.

Surely they can't be oblivious to it!

I don't think they give a toss about it. As long as folk are banging their clappers and having a dance to the goal music it's happy days for the club. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, adam said:

I don't think they give a toss about it. As long as folk are banging their clappers and having a dance to the goal music it's happy days for the club. 

I have my doubts as to whether Susan Whelan is actually a football fan. 

Edited by Vestan Pance

8 hours ago, body102 said:

I miss the days where you could just rock up and pay on the gate 

When tickets were affordable, shirts weren’t changed every season and didn’t cost a mint, and you could squeeze away from someone if they were a complete tool. Now at the stage where I prefer to watch at home or in a pub, especially if you can have a laugh and drink with someone supporting whoever we’re playing. I loathe the Matchday Experience [tm].

• Like 2