Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

29 minutes ago, adam said:

I don't think they give a toss about it. As long as folk are banging their clappers and having a dance to the goal music it's happy days for the club. 

It's sad but i think your spot on! I think the only way the club will ever really notice is if UFS decide to not attend one of the matches and they have an empty section. 

• Like 3

Just now, lee7 said:

It's sad but i think your spot on! I think the only way the club will ever really notice is if UFS decide to not attend one of the matches and they have an empty section. 

Sadly I don't think the club would really notice, and if they did I doubt they would care. We need thousands to be behind any kind of boycott before any real notice is taken, and if some of the views here are anything to go by, I can't see it happening any time soon. 

• Like 1

It's not good. Really flat until we scored, then dissipated again.

Noise seems to start up at the back in patches and then it'll catch along the top and get the lower bits of the stand going.  It's all about hitting that initial level of sound that people feel compelled to join in, because if its half arsed you've got too many who won't be tempted into making noise. Getting sections going around the ground is the answer, aswell as coaxing more energetic types in. Problem with having one big section is you capture all the noisy folks in one area, it's less likely to catch across the stands  ...

More effort definitely needed.

Guest David Oldfields Gate
8 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Walked up the stairs today to hear fuching Adele blasting out over the tannoy :blink: Seriously who at the club thinks that depressing sh!t is going to build up an atmospehere! Whoever's in charge of the match day experience needs binning off.

Adele is a red card offence all day long.

38 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Sadly I don't think the club would really notice, and if they did I doubt they would care. We need thousands to be behind any kind of boycott before any real notice is taken, and if some of the views here are anything to go by, I can't see it happening any time soon. 

Even if the club don't notice i am fairly certain the players would when the atmosphere is flatter than a pancake. 

I think your quite right though the hierarchy at the club simply would not care.

Guest David Oldfields Gate

We wouldn't notice the clappers if we had 3000 going for it proper in one section. Allocated seating and all seating is the killer, have to find a way to get the like-minded together permanently. Can't see it happening sadly. The game is too far gone.

2 hours ago, adam said:

Why do people **** off home early when the game is in the balance. Trying to hang on for a win and playing in front of half a crowd. Like I've said before I'm still not convinced a lot of people who watch us actually like football. 

Spot on. I think a lot of the people who attend home games now do so because going to premier league games is seen as a fashionable thing to do.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

We wouldn't notice the clappers if we had 3000 going for it proper in one section. Allocated seating and all seating is the killer, have to find a way to get the like-minded together permanently. Can't see it happening sadly. The game is too far gone.

The games not too far gone, its our club. They are the block. Biggest club in the world have done it.

• Like 3

Two major problems you singing lads have in convincing those that matter are, (1)  They haven't been in an away or singing section themselves so are oblivious to the positives and (2) From where they sit you can hardly be heard. The lads next to the away supporters sound far more vocal because they are virtually opposite. Been said many times but it seems people can only hear the sound in their locality and it gives a false impression of the overall "atmosphere."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, l444ry said:

Two major problems you singing lads have in convincing those that matter are, (1)  They haven't been in an away or singing section themselves so are oblivious to the positives and (2) From where they sit you can hardly be heard. The lads next to the away supporters sound far more vocal because they are virtually opposite. Been said many times but it seems people can only hear the sound in their locality and it gives a false impression of the overall "atmosphere."

I get why this section is in SK1, and I’d fancy a go in it sometime. But frankly the vocal support against PSV is going to be needed in L&K, not 100m away in the Kop, so that’s where I’ll be that night.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

37 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Walked up the stairs today to hear fuching Adele blasting out over the tannoy :blink: Seriously who at the club thinks that depressing sh!t is going to build up an atmospehere! Whoever's in charge of the match day experience needs binning off.

Oh my God! Rumour has it someone like you cry your heart out my little love!

51 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

It’s probably a ploy to get more people to drink more Singa beer

23 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

But frankly the vocal support against PSV is going to be needed in L&K, not 100m away in the Kop, so that’s where I’ll be that night.

Erm, why? 

Just a heads up but you haven't got a chance, PSV will completely embarrass L1 like all European fans do. 

What is the obsession with being next to the away fans, it's about backing the team. 

There aren't many 'ends' in Europe that are next to away fans. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Erm, why? 

Just a heads up but you haven't got a chance, PSV will completely embarrass L1 like all European fans do. 

What is the obsession with being next to the away fans, it's about backing the team. 

There aren't many 'ends' in Europe that are next to away fans. 

I’m not obsessed by being next to them.

Its just where our main noise needs to be to try and drown them out. But if everyone has the mentality of it being a waste of time, then it’ll be just that.

Theres a nucleus of faces up there who’ve been there 10+ years, who make the noise. It’s the younger generation who don’t bother. But the potential is there, as proven with Rennes (h)

You can’t really hear SK1 from L anyway, so the PSV fans will think we’ve not sang all game in any case if it’s all focused on SK1.

Edited by The Year Of The Fox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Why the ridiculously over complicated word soup songs?

People are bewildered at the depressing flat drone and what’s actually being sung, how can they join in?

Keep it as catchy, simple and as uplifting as possible 

+ Maybe with a bit more meaning than ‘Amartey is our fuucking centre back’ wtf?

Mate, I take your point, but we couldn't even get:-   'da da da da da, da da daa, LCFC'  right.

• Like 1