Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
supernuk

Atmosphere at the KP

2 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I’m not obsessed by being next to them.

Its just where our main noise needs to be to try and drown them out. But if everyone has the mentality of it being a waste of time, then it’ll be just that.

Theres a nucleus of faces up there who’ve been there 10+ years, who make the noise. It’s the younger generation who don’t bother. But the potential is there, as proven with Rennes (h)

You can’t really hear SK1 from L anyway, so the PSV fans will think we’ve not sang all game in any case if it’s all focused on SK1.

Unsure why that is something we ought to worry about?

6 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Its just where our main noise needs to be to try and drown them out. But if everyone has the mentality of it being a waste of time, then it’ll be just that.

Theres a nucleus of faces up there who’ve been there 10+ years, who make the noise. It’s the younger generation who don’t bother. But the potential is there, as proven with Rennes (h)

You can’t really hear SK1 from L anyway, so the PSV fans will think we’ve not sang all game in any case if it’s all focused on SK1.

Is there another club who do this? Trying to think. Leeds have a section next to away support but also an end. Most clubs just have traditional ends and the sheer weight of numbers make the difference. 

Man City do thinking about it but that’s hardly noisy. Just full of baiting nobs. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

5 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Who gives a **** what psv fans think? 

It's about backing the team, not comparing dick size with opposition fans. 

I've been in L1 and the end that UFS organised and there is no comparison 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

However, I believe the main contributor to an atmosphere is the sort of fayre being dished up on the pitch below. Win or lose, the offerings in more recent times have been pretty poor in terms of entertainment. The dirge of side to side and backwards supposed possession based football is at best, uninspiring and hardly commensurate to shouting and clapping. Yes, you're supposed to clap your team on through think and thin and I think people still do to some extent but, neither can you ignore the fact that for some time now, we've been subjected to Rodger's water torture treatment also 🤣. I forsee clappers being replaced by pillows and blankets. 

In fairness, of late, there has been a little more aggression and endeavour to cheer about. KDH clearly has a bit of zest about him and there's a bit more 'have a go' about us at the moment with the exception of Tielemans who appears to be wandering round in a lethargic daze. Wins are important, but attitude, effort and endeavour excites crowds even more. 

Also having very little at stake in the games (deciding where exactly in mid table mediocrity we finish) lends itself to a preseason atmosphere. I reckon the atmosphere would be a lot better if we were playing the same kind of football in the middle of a relegation battle.. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lako42 said:

Who gives a **** what psv fans think? 

It's about backing the team, not comparing dick size with opposition fans. 

I've been in L1 and the end that UFS organised and there is no comparison 

I’ve not been in that organised UFS end, but I’ll never believe it to be as loud as L and K in the 2014-17 period 

2 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

What you said was about PSV fans thoughts. If the other end of the ground was bouncing but PSV couldn’t hear them so what. All that matters is that the players hear it.

I did, but also think about the projection of a decent L and K to the players at the family stand end of the stadium, and the side as a whole.

If L can’t hear SK1 (which I listen out for to try and get L block singing the same thing as you) then Vardy isn’t going to hear SK1 attacking the family stand end 

13 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

My mates not been up there for sometime. He’s moving his ST on the back of today 

If it wasn't for the people around us who we actually like and have a laugh with, I think I would  love too.

Its atrocious  and some of the "characters" I would cross the road to avoid.

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

I did, but also think about the projection of a decent L and K to the players at the family stand end of the stadium, and the side as a whole.

If L can’t hear SK1 (which I listen out for to try and get L block singing the same thing as you) then Vardy isn’t going to hear SK1 attacking the family stand end 

It is something we can never really lay claim on but by all accounts the acoustics are so that noise goes to pitch level not around the stands or to bounce off the roof.

5 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Is there another club who do this? Trying to think. Leeds have a section next to away support but also an end. Most clubs just have traditional ends and the sheer weight of numbers make the difference. 

Yeah true. Maybe Burnley too you could throw in there. 

It just pisses me off about the L block decline in its own right. They make a massive difference to the atmosphere as a whole in their own right 

3 minutes ago, Raj said:

If it wasn't for the people around us who we actually like and have a laugh with, I think I would  love too.

Its atrocious  and some of the "characters" I would cross the road to avoid.

I was in L Block a few times in the Puel era - there were some extremely unpleasant characters floating about.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Looks like they have ignored the request.

Really disappointing.

Why are you surprised? The club have a borderline hatred for the type of demographic that shouts and sings

Remember Moscow? The club deliberately withholding tickets until the visa process meant tickets were pointless. Then  refusing to acknowledge the 25 who'd gambled their time and money to travel anyway. No thank you. No well done. No appreciation. Just pure unfiltered disdain. 

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Why are you surprised? The club have a borderline hatred for the type of demographic that shouts and sings

Remember Moscow? The club deliberately withholding tickets until the visa process meant tickets were pointless. Then  refusing to acknowledge the 25 who'd gambled their time and money to travel anyway. No thank you. No well done. No appreciation. Just pure unfiltered disdain. 

Well it’s surprising seeing as they let us having a singing section in the last home european game. 

Edited by Unabomber

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Well it’s surprising seeing as they let us having a singing section in the last home european game. 

Now they want to charge a load more money and tell us all to **** off. 

I'm going all out for Europe this season as I'm done after it. 

4 hours ago, adam said:

Why do people **** off home early when the game is in the balance. Trying to hang on for a win and playing in front of half a crowd. Like I've said before I'm still not convinced a lot of people who watch us actually like football. 

But the traffic. The traffic!! Some weirdos go the football simply to beat the traffic. There was someone on here months ago who’s mate came to every game from south London, so a 5 hour + round trip, and left early every game to beat the traffic. And couldn’t understand who embarrassingly illogical that whole bi weekly endeavour was 

• Like 3

Heard a chant today that I hadn’t heard and it actually sounded decent, status quo song, they sang two lines and stopped!! They are not going to get anything going if they keep switching songs every minute, especially if the drummer is louder than the folks singing.

1 hour ago, Winsum said:

Who were the guys in M1 today wearing blue and white wigs Passed them outside and they were not English 

Dont know who they were but the lads at the top were making more noise than all of us in L1 put together.

• Like 1

Comes a point where you have to accept that the product being offered isn't one you want to buy. 

Thats where I'm at now. 

The club don't want my version of support and neither do the majority of our fans. 

Interest is lost 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Comes a point where you have to accept that the product being offered isn't one you want to buy. 

Thats where I'm at now. 

The club don't want my version of support and neither do the majority of our fans. 

Interest is lost 

Must admit, considering we have had ALOT of worse seasons than this, theres a spark missing and going to some games feels like a chore.

Not a nice feeling when you e had a ST for over 25 years and you KNOW we are in the halcyon days of the club.

• Sad 1